News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ultimate Dinosaurs: Giants From Gondwana at the ROM

Started by deanm, July 08, 2012, 06:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanm

Went yesterday to the ROM to see the new temporary exhibition "Ultimate Dinosaurs: Giants From Gondwana at the ROM".

Overall was quite impressed by the diversity and quality of the displays and the information associated with them.

If you are in Toronto from June 17, 2012 through Jan 5, 2013 I would recommend going to the ROM and having a boo at the show.

I will be going back in a few weeks so I will add more photos.

Some Nigersaurus (spelling?) skull photos. I knew that the skull was lightweight but actually seeing it really enforced just how lightweight it was.

Carnotaurus photos (sorry for the low res quality)

I am going to start up another thread for those of you interested in getting the ROM Primeval Predators set (cost plus actual shipping cost versus the ROM's rather prohibitive shipping charges).

Horridus

Nice! I look forward to more.

Nigersaurus...wow. Will never get over that mouth.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

DinoToyForum

Himmapaan

As bizarre an animal as it was, I must say I'm growing increasingly fond of Nigersaurus.  ^-^

Thank you for the pictures, Dean! More, please.  :D

amargasaurus cazaui

oh wait !! That looks like an Amargasaurus in that picture. Any chance you will be bringing back more pictures of it when you return?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerzā€”Glenn Jepsen

deanm

Yes, that indeed is an Amargasaurus. I will be taking more photos when I go back - including that particular dinosaur.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.