News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO's Tyrannosaurus "Wilson" & Triceratops "Doyle" photos

Started by catchup, August 13, 2017, 08:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catchup

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here.
Just to share some photos of PNSO's triceratops Doyle. Couldn't find many photos of this toy before I bought it, so I guess maybe these would be useful to those who are interested.
I'm quite happy with it, especially for its price in China. Only paid about EUR 20 to get it from a online shop in Taobao. Obviously it looks more accurate than any other triceratops I owned.
Some minor complaints about its eyes, mouth and overall tone of color.

Oct 1st, 2017: Updated some photos of Wilson. I bought it right after the bad news of PSNO's suspension of production, worrying that it may get sold out. Wilson is beyond my expectation, looking much better in person than in photos. Would have bough it several months ago if I knew it was so good :).
I painted their eyes with a tiny brush, cause the original paint was really ugly.
The details of Wilson's skin is quite nice, but some of the texture is kinda blurred in several areas such as right side of tail, belly, forearm and neck.
The book came along with Wilson is surprisingly good. Before the purchase I hated the book for it cost more. But after reading it, I'd say it's worth every penny of it if you could read Chinese. (don't know if there is an English version).

ceratopsian

Thanks for showing your model.  I don't have one as yet but plan to not too far ahead.  I think it's a shame the area round the eyes is so dark, but that aside I like it.

PhilSauria

I have had this one for a couple of months now and it has become a center piece of my display shelves. A lot of comments about the eyes but that is not an issue with me, though I do keep the mouth closed. (may be a trend starting here, which will upset those who don't like the eyes; I notice that the new and bigger Recur Triceratops has dark eyes as well). I like its animated pose and generally organic and naturalistic look. I'll never be able to afford the magnificent Sideshow Triceratops but this is a close second in my view. Great photos - this one is very photogenic, and I notice that the price is lower on Ali Express.

catchup

Thank you guys.

The dark area around eyes is acceptable for me, but I don't quite understand why Doyle is staring down to the ground. Maybe it would be better if her pupil could be positioned at the center of the eye.

I also have some doubts about the shape of her body. It is said that Kelsey's body cavity is very wide, even wider than its length. Is Doyle a little too thin?

And with primitive bone structure of front feet, I don't know if a triceratops could point its toes towards back?

The skin ruffle near joints might be further improved. Sideshow figure is superior in this aspect.

I like the quill on its back. Based on Lane's skin fossil, this detail probably is accurate and looks nice.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: toy2you on August 15, 2017, 08:34:05 AM
We are happy to see the new dinasaur figures and they are really the super favorite item for all kids.

..most of DTF members are collectors, not "kids"...  ::)

catchup

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 15, 2017, 10:48:57 AM
Quote from: toy2you on August 15, 2017, 08:34:05 AM
We are happy to see the new dinasaur figures and they are really the super favorite item for all kids.
..most of DTF members are collectors, not "kids"...  ::)

There is always a kid living in my heart ^-^

KeU

Lovely photos.
The eyes were not a huge concern for me as well.
I don't think they are too distracting.

Are you getting Wilson as well?
They display very well together.

catchup

Quote from: KeU on August 16, 2017, 08:13:49 PM
Lovely photos.
The eyes were not a huge concern for me as well.
I don't think they are too distracting.

Are you getting Wilson as well?
They display very well together.

Thank you.
Doyle is my first and only PNSO figure.
I'm on the fence about getting Wilson. It's a nice statue, but the skin might be a little bit too sagging for me. And I kinda hope its reconstruction could be based on the most robust skeleton. Stan is a gracile specimen.
From frontal view, it seems the two eyes of Wilson are not completely even? I've only seen some photos and video about it, so pardon me if I'm wrong.

Shonisaurus

The Doyle triceratops is a wonder I have on my shelves preferably. I bought it on eBay.

On the other hand of the PNSO brand I recommend the mamenchisaurus is a beautiful figure. I bought it from Acro-man and it comes with a Chinese dinosaur seals, Acro-man had the deference to send me in duplicate each of the stamps, which is a detail to take into account from the positive point of view.

The tyrannosaurus Wilson will certainly be in charge of Acro-man is an exceptional seller. Step buy it on eBay, especially bearing in mind that it is shipped with the box which is a rather big nuisance.

catchup

The eyes of Wilson are not completely symmetrical?

In fact, my Doyle's one eye is also obviously higher than the other. :o

KeU

Quote from: catchup on August 18, 2017, 12:51:21 PM

I have some photos of Wilson and Doyle in my collection thread if you want to check out the eye alignment.
I will say though, that they are not noticeable in real life.

catchup

Quote from: KeU on August 20, 2017, 08:12:50 PM
Quote from: catchup on August 18, 2017, 12:51:21 PM

I have some photos of Wilson and Doyle in my collection thread if you want to check out the eye alignment.
I will say though, that they are not noticeable in real life.

Thank you for the photos. They are so large that I could know the details of every figure very well:)

I'm looking forward to the Yangchuanosaurus. According to the plan, they shall be produced in late 2018 or 2019.

But there are lots of rumors about PNSO, so I really don't know if they could survive til then.

Flaffy

Those are some really bad silhouettes.
Such a shame, good things never last. 

ZoPteryx

Great photos of this cool figure!  The best Triceratops figure out there, imho.  :)

Quote from: catchup on August 24, 2017, 02:03:56 PM

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the Amargasaurus is going to be released in October?

catchup

Quote from: ZoPteryx on August 24, 2017, 09:49:06 PM
Great photos of this cool figure!  The best Triceratops figure out there, imho.  :)

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the Amargasaurus is going to be released in October?

Probably in October or November :). That's what I heard from an agent of PNSO.

Halichoeres

Ah, so they're dribbling them out. When we saw the catalog shots a few months ago, I thought they might all come out more or less at the same time. Would have been easier for shipping.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Patrx

No sign of the Sinosauropteryx yet, unfortunately. I certainly hope it appears someday!

KeU

Nice pic.
Does that mean PNSO is still alive and plan on releasing new figures despite the rumors?
Fingers crossed.
Hope they release the next row of figures at the very least.

catchup

Quote from: KeU on August 27, 2017, 02:32:41 PM

Nice pic.
Does that mean PNSO is still alive and plan on releasing new figures despite the rumors?
Fingers crossed.
Hope they release the next row of figures at the very least.

I was told that there is a lawsuit over copyright between Yiniao and PNSO. On the top right corner of the picture I uploaded, the logo is Yiniao, not PNSO. But I know little details about this.

And the mass production of Amargasaurs model was finished in August without painting or package. Need to wait til October for them to complete the job.

Flaffy

I'd rather Yiniao get the copyright rather than PNSO tbh.
Those sculpts don't deserve to be ruined by cheap paint and over fancy booklets and boxes.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.