News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Fakes or Leaks? Safari 2018 models

Started by acro-man, August 15, 2017, 09:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Appalachiosaurus

That Daeodon is absolutely beautiful! Good to see one that isn't a emaciated monstrosity. I wonder how big it is, 1:40 would be ridiculously small.

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 10, 2017, 02:27:09 AM
Quote from: stoneage on September 10, 2017, 02:20:51 AM
So the Russians are leaking more private information!
Let's hope these ones are real and not just brainwashing.

NOTE: Russian election meddling through collective mass media spam of quantifiably untrue articles is historical fact, this is not "political discussion", however off topic a disclaimer of this length may be.

Ugh, can we not?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on September 09, 2017, 06:43:51 PM
Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on September 09, 2017, 06:14:43 PM
Wow, that Mastodon looks incredible in person! Simply terrific detail work. One of the best proboscidean figures ever made.

It seems pretty big, I wonder how it will look next to the Carnegie woolly mammoth?

I just hope it is in scale with the Wild Safari Woolly Mammoth. As that one is like more than the Carnegie one.

I am hopeful that both the entelodon and the mastodon are on a much larger scale than the ones used to do Safari. I sincerely prefer prehistoric mammals without scale.

What matters to me in this case is that the prehistoric mammal is detailed and a medium size pulling big as it happens with the company Collecta. I am not a fanatic of the figures made to scale.

John

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 10, 2017, 07:34:32 AM

I am hopeful that both the entelodon and the mastodon are on a much larger scale than the ones used to do Safari. I sincerely prefer prehistoric mammals without scale.

What matters to me in this case is that the prehistoric mammal is detailed and a medium size pulling big as it happens with the company Collecta. I am not a fanatic of the figures made to scale.
Looking at the one of the pictures on the first page of this thread,the sizes of both the entelodont and the mastodon can be seen compared to Safari's 2017 Kronosaurus,which I have.So I can confidently tell you that the Daeodon will be about 5 and a half inches long and the mastodon a little bigger at around 7 inches long. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on September 10, 2017, 04:10:16 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on September 10, 2017, 02:27:09 AM
Quote from: stoneage on September 10, 2017, 02:20:51 AM
So the Russians are leaking more private information!
Let's hope these ones are real and not just brainwashing.

NOTE: Russian election meddling through collective mass media spam of quantifiably untrue articles is historical fact, this is not "political discussion", however off topic a disclaimer of this length may be.

Ugh, can we not?
I don't like serious topics being broached as a joke without alluding to the truth of the situation, hence my continuation.

The disclaimer is very purposeful. This discussion is off-topic and should end, but it's not "political" anymore than it's "political" to talk about ancient history. It is proven fact that Russian meddling during the US election primarily through the use of "spamming" untrue news articles on social media sites was real. I didn't say "x person did/didn't request assistance from Russian election meddling" I simply said that Russian election meddling did happen, this not a topic of political debate because facts can't be debated.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 10, 2017, 07:34:32 AM

Agreed, I don't like when a line adheres so strictly to scale that the figures become "unbalanced" and it just becomes an excuse to make the smaller (usually less popular) species with less work put into their production (production=/=sculpting!).

Quote from: John on September 10, 2017, 10:53:40 AM
Looking at the one of the pictures on the first page of this thread,the sizes of both the entelodont and the mastodon can be seen compared to Safari's 2017 Kronosaurus,which I have.So I can confidently tell you that the Daeodon will be about 5 and a half inches long and the mastodon a little bigger at around 7 inches long. :)
That's about what I'd figured earlier based on the sea turtle too.

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 10, 2017, 03:19:40 PMI don't like serious topics being broached as a joke without alluding to the truth of the situation, hence my continuation.

The disclaimer is very purposeful. This discussion is off-topic and should end, but it's not "political" anymore than it's "political" to talk about ancient history. It is proven fact that Russian meddling during the US election primarily through the use of "spamming" untrue news articles on social media sites was real. I didn't say "x person did/didn't request assistance from Russian election meddling" I simply said that Russian election meddling did happen, this not a topic of political debate because facts can't be debated.

political: relating to the government or the public affairs of a country

QuoteForum rules

7. Topics concerning politics and religion are discouraged.

Just please, stop. You do this all the time on every forum I see you on. I get that you are strongly opinionated, we all are, but can we just talk about plastic versions of dead animals instead?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on September 10, 2017, 08:01:13 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on September 10, 2017, 03:19:40 PMI don't like serious topics being broached as a joke without alluding to the truth of the situation, hence my continuation.

political: relating to the government or the public affairs of a country

QuoteForum rules

7. Topics concerning politics and religion are discouraged.

Just please, stop. You do this all the time on every forum I see you on. I get that you are strongly opinionated, we all are, but can we just talk about plastic versions of dead animals instead?

The rules of the forum prohibit talking about political, religious or morbid issues. Even if there are insults or serious disrespect in the forum, one person leaves (that's why in the day expelled spokespeople from dinosaur companies that said one word higher than another).

It is within the rules of the forum if not one is expelled (and with all the reason of the world). What we think is missing animals and is a forum for toys and figures of collection of dinosaurs or prehistoric animals. One must stick to those issues.

Dinotoyblog.com/forum is a place of debate and fun in which we are all invited but we must comply with the rules, if not one holds to the consequences.

So it had to be done in all forums of Internet of any category and thus we would make of this tool a serious means of communication to the one hundred percent serious and at least this forum does it and that makes me feel good.

postsaurischian

We should cool down.
Politics do not only relate to the government or the public affairs of a country. It belongs and has its influence on everybody's everyday life.
Ergo: Politics tend to appear every now and then in all kinds of discussions occasionally, so it's hard to burke political discussion completely. I think our forum does a pretty god job not to be too political ;).

Art is the only vehicle that is able to work autonomously. Even science isn't - it depends a lot on politics! I guess we would all be happy if the Russian government decided to do as much Dinosaur diggings as the Chinese do at the moment :D.

PaleoMatt

I'm gonna change the converstaion because this political talk is getting me annoyed everytime I click on this thread. So, any confirmations on the species that the Mastodon is?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on September 10, 2017, 08:01:13 PM
Look, I guess I'm kinda sorry if it bothers you that much what I talk about, but you can't you just ignore me? I didn't go out of my way to bring this up, I just tried to elaborate on a topic that had already come up fluently in (vaguely) relevant conversation.

I'm pretty tired of the whole "no politics anywhere ever" mentality that's been going around, it's dangerous to try and ignore what goes on in the world around us. And frankly discussions about modern politics especially given events of the past few months should be expected on forums built largely around natural sciences. How are we supposed to discuss nature, past and present, if we're not allowed to call out anti-environmental policies, destructive industries, and the political forces and persons who let such atrocities take place?

John

Quote from: PaleoMatt on September 10, 2017, 09:09:58 PM
...So, any confirmations on the species that the Mastodon is?
Thers is no confirmation on species yet from Safari (technically we aren't even supposed to know there is a mastodon period right now),but I can tell just by looking at it that it's Mammut americanum. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

BlueKrono

I think the prevailing consensus here (and rules) is avoid such topics. This isn't actually a nature-protecting conversation forum. We are supposed to be talking about toys here, and to a lesser extent long-extinct animals. I actually enjoy discussing current events, but this isn't the place for it. That's the purview of other social media sites. I think a good rule of thumb is not even bring up history and associated politics any more recent than 10,000 years ago.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Neosodon

Do we really need to be making this big of a deal about this? This has already been discussed on the forum etiquette thread. The company leaking the info happens to be Russian and someone made a joke about it. Ok, no big deal. But now I have to read through almost 2 pages of comments regarding politics and forum etiquette. You all just need to take it easy.

Also why are they only revealing the prehistoric mammals? Is it just because Safari made them first or what.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: Neosodon on September 10, 2017, 11:04:30 PM

Also why are they only revealing the prehistoric mammals? Is it just because Safari made them first or what.

They showed non prehistoric animals too. One a Puma and I think a pygmy Hippopotamus on their Facebook. I think that it. I kinda hope they don't spoil anymore. 

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

X

I saw the babirusa too. Could the winged creature in Europe be a fairy or some other mythological creature along the same lines? If you look closely the tail looks like an outstretched leg.

Neosodon

The link for the Ankylosaurus expired. :(

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Takama

Shonisaurus

It's fabulous! It is the best ankylosaurus I have ever seen in my life superior to the WWD and Carnegie series. It's very nice  8)

The war between toy dinosaur companies is brutal. I can not wait for the following Safari figures. Every year, every company goes beyond itself.  :o

Lanthanotus

Indeed a great sculpt.... damn I already own more Ankylosaurus than I'd like to :D

Neosodon

Quote from: Lanthanotus on September 19, 2017, 06:10:53 PM
Indeed a great sculpt.... damn I already own more Ankylosaurus than I'd like to :D
The only decent ankylosaurid in my collection is the carnegie one which is one of my older models. So I've long awaited this. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: