You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New 1:35 Giganotosaurus PVC figure from China

Started by Simon, September 17, 2017, 12:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

It's not as clean cut as I can see from it's cast. Webbed spikes and the underbite being badly placed as well as the paint job not being very consistent with the model as there's spots of missing paint where it should be, the eye isn't very well sculpted in terms of it was half finished and the balance of it requires a very stable surface otherwise it falls and I live in the coldest of places so it's not the heat.

The way I see it, I never mentioned papo or rebor scales being related to "accuracy". Never mentioned that.

From my view it's a good model, a scam for it's quality copared to the price when theres even resin kits with more detail and quality for lower prices that more than cost less and have better materials to them. it's not as well made. Plastics cheap, and the errors are there. Still one of my favourites after my touch ups but far from perfect.

Syndicate Bias

And as i stated again i dont have a problem with the model as I prefer the less intense scaling but the paint is what really cheapens it as well as the plastic, the paint seems flat and has very little dimension. The paint is patchy that I had to touch up. There was paint missing from several areas now I can't speak for all of the models, but from years of buying models this is the most flawed

Simon

Quote from: SyndicateBias on January 08, 2018, 02:52:42 AM
And as i stated again i dont have a problem with the model as I prefer the less intense scaling but the paint is what really cheapens it as well as the plastic, the paint seems flat and has very little dimension. The paint is patchy that I had to touch up. There was paint missing from several areas now I can't speak for all of the models, but from years of buying models this is the most flawed

Ah - I didn't realize that you had it too.  I plan on touching up my Gig. too, similar to the "deluxe" edition, but without the blood scratches on the face ... its my favorite figure at the moment, but Vitae has some more doozies in the wings ... anyhow, I don't collect the 1/40 toy figures any more (sold off my collection about 4 years ago), so my "decks are cleared" for more of these more upscale 1/35 pieces from China ...

Syndicate Bias

I won't lie I did kinda make it look like the limited edition except I added the blue dots to run below the spikes but smaller instead of the huge 5 dots the limited has I plan on getting that glossy touch up on the scars I gave it.

KeU

Hahahaha.
Simon, you are butchering their names.
Over there, they have their last names listed first.
So it's Cheung for Vitae and Zhao for PNSO/Yinao.
Chung Tat and Chuang are their given names respectively.

I don't think they will be offended though.
It is confusing.

Dobber

I *think* the main issue...at least for me....is the ridiculous shipping costs being asked for by both VITAE and MonsterhouseHK. The figures cost looks "reasonable" to me but $60 shipping is outrageous which is unfortunate.

As to the point about resin kits being available at similar or cheaper prices, while that may be, remember they are not built or painted, which takes time. All of which is worth something, even if you can do it yourself, and paying someone to do it for you isn't cheap. Though, the end result will most likely be much better.  ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shonisaurus

For me the figure at first glance seems very good to me with the defects that it has, like the jaw excessively articulated. On the other hand it has excessive seams on the arms. But if, as Simon says, he is normally standing, I can not complain.

Although it is expensive especially its premium version and even despite the criticism, I do not regret having purchased it at all. Mine will arrive safely tomorrow. I do not understand dinosaurs, as I already mention in all the messages, but that does not mean that I find it more detailed than the PNSO dinosaurs.

Simon

Quote from: KeU on January 08, 2018, 02:25:07 PM
Hahahaha.
Simon, you are butchering their names.
Over there, they have their last names listed first.
So it's Cheung for Vitae and Zhao for PNSO/Yinao.
Chung Tat and Chuang are their given names respectively.

I don't think they will be offended though.
It is confusing.

No offense intended.   :-[ :-[ :-[  I've lived nearly my entire life hearing my own real name butchered because it sounded foreign to English ears, so I can relate.

So "Cheung" is Tat's LAST NAME?  Didn't know that. So the PNSO and Vitae sculptors are Zhao and Cheung?

I'll try to remember!!  Thanks!!   ;)

Syndicate Bias

I don't think the limited is worth it for what it is.

Dobber

Sad thing is that is only like $26 more than the standard because of the stupid shipping prices.

Chris

Syndicate Bias

There's a German website that sells the standard for 76 with shipping to u.s and limited is still 120 though

gnetum2015

I orderd my Vitae Giga last day by Modellpferdeversand in Germany - shipping should be 3-5 days. So I hope I'll have the piece in my hands next weekend.
I payed 63 US Dollars for the item and 6 US Dollars for the shipping inside Germany - They also have the limited version with the blue points on the body and the red marks in the face for about 108 US Dollars.
I am very glad to get him inside Germany for more than acceptable shipping costs. I got Wilson in the past from Monsterhouse - they emtied my money box with 120 US Dollars - so I am very glad to get the Vitae Giga for about 69 US Dollars. And I hope Modellpferdversand will also sell the other vitae models in the future.
It is like Simon told, 1:35 will be the new 1:40   :)

Syndicate Bias

Good job my man you saved yourself around 30 to 50 dollars for the same model that c
Would've been .ore thru monster house and dans dinos

Dobber

Oooh, thanks guys. I may get one now. I like that they have pictures in regular lighting so you can see the models clearly. I didn't realize that the limited addition was basically the same paint job just with blue dots and red spikes. I thought it was more extensive but it was hard to tell in other pictures. Glad I didn't cave in and buy that one.  :-\

Chris

Dyscrasia

Quote from: Dobber on January 08, 2018, 02:33:58 PM
I *think* the main issue...at least for me....is the ridiculous shipping costs being asked for by both VITAE and MonsterhouseHK. The figures cost looks "reasonable" to me but $60 shipping is outrageous which is unfortunate.

As to the point about resin kits being available at similar or cheaper prices, while that may be, remember they are not built or painted, which takes time. All of which is worth something, even if you can do it yourself, and paying someone to do it for you isn't cheap. Though, the end result will most likely be much better.  ;)

Chris

This is the very reason I am still hesitant to order this model although I really want one.

Especially considering that I live in a country that is not that far from Hong Kong, the shipping price is simply unreasonable.

I might consider getting it from the German webstore that carries this model.

gnetum2015

I got my Giganoto today - only one and a half day for shipping from Modellpferdeversand inside germany.
Like my previous speakers told, the giganoto is incredible! Hold him in my hands, he looks much greater than on the posted photos before.
And he stands without problems on his own feet.  The lower jaw of my model is very firm. I do not open him cause I love the model with closed jaws and I have fear that he will be loose like shown in the video.
Yes the great problems are the shipping costs if you will buy the model by monster house or Vitae themselves - I wouldn't have bought the Giganoto for more than 40 US Dollars shipping costs.
But in my opinion the great question is, why Modellpferdeversand could sell him for 63 $ and ship him for 6 $ inside Europe whereas Vitea takes up to 40 $ for shipping to Europe or other places? May be frequency discount for Modellpferdeversand?
If you can get him for reasonable price including shipping costs than buy it, the Giga is a  really great modell.

PhilSauria

I'd really like to have this figure but the shipping cost to Australia is the deal killer. The tyranny of distance!

Syndicate Bias

Vitae Giganotosaurus https://imgur.com/a/Mlm8e

I have 3 pics of my little touch up and repaint of the spikes and eyes and I made the dots different size from the limited since im not fond of the big dots

PhilSauria

Perhaps I'll have to start putting money in a jar or open some sort of account towards the purchase of this figure - the more images I see of it the more resigned I become to the fact that one way or another I will try to get hold of one of these. This animal has in general been pooly served by the various figures produced representing it over the years (hasn't stopped me buying some of them though), with the exception of perhaps the Carnegie and definitely the new Safari!, but this one really brings it to life.

Lambeoraptor

Oh wow, that's nice! :O This baby's to drool over! Nicely priced too! 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: