News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Looking for a toy from my youth...

Started by Lanthanotus, September 21, 2017, 06:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Hello fellow members,

I am sure some of you can help me identify this, though it's not about a dinosaur toy....

... back in the early 80's me and my brother owned some animal toys (I remember a lion and a gorilla but I think there were several more) which could walk forward when you pushed their head forth and back. They were of hard plastic, more cartoony in looks than naturalistic and made from two segments. The "front" was made by the upper part of the head and the front legs, the "hind" part contained the lower jaw, body and hind legs. The feet had black rubber points underneath. They were like 6 cm high and 5 cm long (roughly, estimated from at least 30 year old memories), I never ran across any of them by chance while looking for several sorts of toys on ebay or such so I cannot provide any brand name or photo.

Thanks for your participation :)

Sinornis

Hi,

I just wanted say that I feel your pain and frustration. I'm also looking for an item from my youth, a kids dinosaur book from the 70's. I can see the paleo-art in my mind and would recognize it instantly, but I cant put a name to it. Maybe I'll get lucky one day on Ebay.

I hope you find what your looking for!

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Sinornis on September 27, 2017, 09:33:40 AM
Hi,

I just wanted say that I feel your pain and frustration. I'm also looking for an item from my youth, a kids dinosaur book from the 70's. I can see the paleo-art in my mind and would recognize it instantly, but I cant put a name to it. Maybe I'll get lucky one day on Ebay.

Thanks... well, until yet, I am still looking... so...

/bump :)

Derek.McManus

I recall a range of figures from the London Natural History museum that sound a little like that they all had a play function and where not very accurate

ReMarxist

Quote from: Sinornis on September 27, 2017, 09:33:40 AM
Hi,

What all can you remember about it? I have a lot of 70's dino books. Maybe consider casting your net wider as a lot of the books on shelves in the 70's (or any other given decade) will often date to the previous decade.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.