News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I remember that before (quite a few years ago) Papo commercialized his figures much earlier. Papo takes each year to market its figures in online or physical stores.  :(

hao_bao

Quote from: Reptilia on April 18, 2018, 02:25:25 PM
Wave 2 will be available well before july, keep an eye open on german retailers.

How did you find out?

Reptilia

I base my claim on past years' releases, we never had to wait so long for the second wave to come to fruition. So far we only had the Young Spinosaurus and Amargasaurus released, and they've been out since late january, it is unlikely that nothing will be out before july. We have five more figures to be released, I guess that two or three will be out around may, or early june, and the rest by late summer. If Wonderland Models says july 1st doesn't mean that that will be the release date. I don't think their dates are anything reliable cause I remember last year they changed at least a couple of times, and by the way german retailers have always the new stuff in stock before the brits.

Shonisaurus

From what the store owner told me (unfortunately disappeared) they told me that the company Papo at that time (we were fully global economic crisis in 2010) was bad economically.

He told me that Papo figures were not sold well in stores because their outstanding quality (because of the detailed and finished figures) was very expensive for buyers and they preferred cheaper brands. That I think is the reason why they change distributors in each nation incl in my nation without going any further, they have already changed companies once.

Syndicate Bias

I dont get how. A papo is no more expensive than a collecta or safari figure if you wanna hit the bigger cost.
Maybe its because people see a papo and think its more because it looks too high quality?

I dont know. A rebor or vitae figure i would see why they would have economic crisis due to how much more they charge. Well anyways. Is wave two for certain the theri and igua then? Kinda hoped theyd have the compy and acrocanthosaurus first

hao_bao

Quote from: Reptilia on April 23, 2018, 01:20:55 PM
I base my claim on past years' releases, we never had to wait so long for the second wave to come to fruition. So far we only had the Young Spinosaurus and Amargasaurus released, and they've been out since late january, it is unlikely that nothing will be out before july. We have five more figures to be released, I guess that two or three will be out around may, or early june, and the rest by late summer. If Wonderland Models says july 1st doesn't mean that that will be the release date. I don't think their dates are anything reliable cause I remember last year they changed at least a couple of times, and by the way german retailers have always the new stuff in stock before the brits.

Yeah that's true, last year the release dates for the final batch got pushed back quite a lot. I'm hoping we'll see something sooner than July.

Shonisaurus

Years ago (I'm talking about ten years ago) the marketing of their products was faster) even reached the physical stores in March and even April.

It seems that Papo's policy or philosophy regarding the marketing of its figures has changed.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 24, 2018, 03:23:52 PM
Years ago (I'm talking about ten years ago) the marketing of their products was faster) even reached the physical stores in March and even April.

It seems that Papo's policy or philosophy regarding the marketing of its figures has changed.

I would imagine that they have more products out (not just prehistorics) and a larger portfolio to manage.

Reptilia

But there are already 2018 figures out, since january. They can't be released all at once.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on April 25, 2018, 01:47:18 PM
But there are already 2018 figures out, since january. They can't be released all at once.

I agree, but for example Safari always sells all its novelties almost at the same moment that it reveals them in the web pages.

I would like all companies in this case to be like Safari, but I sincerely respect and understand Papo's philosophy when it comes to marketing their figures.

Atokensis

Well there goes April, hopefully in May. :(

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Atokensis on April 29, 2018, 09:37:11 PM
Well there goes April, hopefully in May. :(

I hope that it is so esteemed Atokensis but I am afraid that the dinosaurs of Papo as well as those of other toy brands, will only be available in June coinciding with the new movie of the saga "Jurassic World:" The Fallen Kingdom. "It is what I believe , so we must have patience and wait.

Because it takes the figures of dinosaurs to be commercialized in the online or physical stores is not going to be precisely the end of the world, although it annoys us (as it is my case). The positive is that we save money for a good period of time.

Reptilia

Too bad if they'll come in june then, here where I live temperatures are already raising up, I won't order a PVC figure and make it wander through Europe for a week or two at 30 degrees. Gonna wait september at least, if this will actually be the case, still hoping for a may release for the Therizinosaurus and the Acrocanthosaurus.

Atokensis

Quote from: Andreioli on April 30, 2018, 05:51:38 PM
Get them while they're hot !  ;D

https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/s01.php?shopid=s01&cur=eur&sp=en&ag=1&pp=sucheazu&offset=36&zu=64&sev=1&lim=36

The Therizinosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus and Iguanodon are here? :O

I've never purchased on that site so I might just wait for it to be on EverythingDinosaurs.

Andreioli

Yes, as well as your avatar  ;)

Atokensis

mgaguilar

Do they ship to the states???

I'd LOVE to grab the first run of these guys!

Minmiminime

Wow, that's a nice surprise this evening ;D Means that they should also be heading to ED fairly shortly (though they're yet to get the latest CollectA releases..!) Maybe they'll have them in time for my birthday ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

I would like to have the Collecta and Papo dinosaurs at the Museum of Natural Sciences in Madrid before my birthday at the end of July.  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: