News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

Posted on a Papo FB group I'm in :))

Jose S.M.

That thing is big! what scale is the standing Tyrannosaurus, 1:35?

postsaurischian

Shonisaurus

Papo therizinosaurus is immensely sincerely speaking I think the best therizinosaurus made by a company to date, even better than that of Collecta although it is more scientific.

Apart from that what I said will make a happy couple fighting with Papo's baryonyx.

The only flaw I see is that they keep the plastic packing base maybe because it is a figure prone to falling. I'm going to keep it as it has happened with dinosaurs like Vitae's giganotosaurus. Anyway is a great figure is not surprising that people buy massively at least those of us who are collectors. I will have to wait at least until the middle or end of July or maybe September, as happened to me last year.

The figure is very cool is the figure of the theropod of Papo best achieved with tyrannosaurus running, spinosaurus and acrocanthosaurus from my point of view.

Syndicate Bias

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 03, 2018, 06:34:52 PM
No acro yet on ebay?

It's up there. Though, it's kinda pricey right now. Probably best to wait a little while for the price to go down.

Syndicate Bias

There's another listing from.germany instesd of the uk for 2 dollars less if anyone is interested

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 03, 2018, 06:19:36 PM
Yes, the Tyrannosaurus is in 1:35.
I always thought the Papo T-Rex was closer to 1:40 scale.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Minmiminime

Ooh, she's beautiful :)) Nice to see that the production paintwork is so good!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Minmiminime

A long-time Twitter friend and fellow collector of prehistorica just sent me this link to an unboxing video of the new Papos. It's in German, but I don't care! It's great to see these things. I'm very fond of the patterning and colouration of the Acro:

https://youtu.be/yaEvyl7W1H0
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 03, 2018, 07:45:20 PM

Papo Standing Rex is difficult to measure with a flexible tape due to its pose: it's about 37cm.
Tyrannosaurus was 12,5 mt in lenght.
1250:37=33,8 .
So Papo Rex is in the 1:33 / 1:35 range (more or less)..

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on May 03, 2018, 08:27:51 PM
Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 03, 2018, 07:45:20 PM

Papo Standing Rex is difficult to measure with a flexible tape due to its pose: it's about 37cm.
Tyrannosaurus was 12,5 mt in lenght.
1250:37=33,8 .
So Papo Rex is in the 1:33 / 1:35 range (more or less)..
Yeah that makes sense. I just remember looking up a few Papo products on Urzeitshop and they had the standing T-Rex listed as 1:40. https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/papo/2145-trex-dinosaur-figure-by-papo-3465000550011.html?search_query=Papo+rex&results=148
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Reptilia

Because english is not my mother tongue I feel I don't have the proper words to describe how much I like the Acrocanthosaurus and (most of all) the Therizinosaurus. The Iguanodon though... superb sculpting detail as usual, phenomenal paint work, but that articulated jaw! Why Papo, why? I just can't unsee it, despite everything else in the figure seem to be perfect. Sadly I'm really inclined to give it a pass, but in just a couple of weeks I'll get my hands on the two magnificent theropods.

Ravonium

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 03, 2018, 08:45:43 PM
Yeah that makes sense. I just remember looking up a few Papo products on Urzeitshop and they had the standing T-Rex listed as 1:40. https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/papo/2145-trex-dinosaur-figure-by-papo-3465000550011.html?search_query=Papo+rex&results=148

As a general rule in this hobby, most products labelled '1:40' are closer to 1:35. 1:40 is probably used simply because it is generally a nicer scale to read and work with.

Syndicate Bias

Now all we need is compy and quetzal

Minmiminime

Apparently the Compy isn't too far off...but all's quiet on the Quetzal front, for now! Hopefully it won't be left until late in the year

Reptilia

My wallet will need some rest after I get these, Quetzalcoatlus after the summer please.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Minmiminime on May 03, 2018, 08:07:05 PM
A long-time Twitter friend and fellow collector of prehistorica just sent me this link to an unboxing video of the new Papos. It's in German, but I don't care! It's great to see these things. I'm very fond of the patterning and colouration of the Acro:

https://youtu.be/yaEvyl7W1H0

Impressive. Along with the Compy and Quetz, it looks like Papo 1-upped their previous efforts. The Theri is gorgeous, and the feathered texture work on the back is quite realistic. The subtle green hues are pleasing to the eyes. Despite the hard seam, the Iguano seems believable as a herbivore, easily on par with PNSO's hadrosaur offerings.  Good thing, I already picked up the Spino (w/ the Cerato boxed set) - one less item to worry about  :) (my version appears less green and more gray for some reason)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Been waiting for Minizoo to get them..figured they would have them before the U.S. does..

Atokensis

Quote from: Reptilia on May 03, 2018, 09:21:24 PM
Because english is not my mother tongue I feel I don't have the proper words to describe how much I like the Acrocanthosaurus and (most of all) the Therizinosaurus. The Iguanodon though... superb sculpting detail as usual, phenomenal paint work, but that articulated jaw! Why Papo, why? I just can't unsee it, despite everything else in the figure seem to be perfect. Sadly I'm really inclined to give it a pass, but in just a couple of weeks I'll get my hands on the two magnificent theropods.

Yeah I've changed my mind on getting the Iguanodon because of that very seam. Might consider it later on though, just isn't part of my most wanted figures anymore.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: