News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Thanks for the comparison shots - very informative. While the Theriz seems to be holding its own against all comers that poor Iguanodon does not look happy being harassed by the Allosaur and Carnotaurus! Looking forward to getting my hands on this pair when they eventually become available over here.

Shonisaurus

As I have already mentioned in other post Atokensis I congratulate you for your beautiful photos.

I see that Papo therizinosaurus is even bigger than I imagined. That comparison with the brachiosaurus is fabulous. The iguanodon of Papo is so much better than I expected it to be much larger and more detailed than what the promotional images and videos represented with regards to the articulated jaw is not as noticeable the sewing problems that I imagined.

Thank you for sharing those beautiful photographs and apart from that the quality of the photos is fabulous and the comparative images are exceptional.

What luck you have those who already have in your hands these beauties! I will have to wait for a whopping September or even October to pick them up at my physical store. Local distributors are a disaster at least in my nation, unfortunately.

Syndicate Bias

Im only getting the therizinosaurus hopefully it arrives by the post tomorrow if not today.

I will get the acrocanthosaurus when its on Everything Dinosaur and after that i will await the last two figures which im really excited about. The iguanodon will have to wait till next year after i purchase the Paleocraft Concavenator Resin Kit

Syndicate Bias

My therizinosaurus has arrived! One down, now i hope ED gets the acro soon

Shonisaurus

Step another video about Papo's great therizinosaurus,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5OFZTHvwZ0

Atokensis

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 24, 2018, 05:25:41 PM
My therizinosaurus has arrived! One down, now i hope ED gets the acro soon

Congrats man, I too, can't wait for the Acro, Compy and Quetzal.

mgaguilar

Anyone in the states looking to get the Therizinosaurus and Iguanodon, they are now available on Amazon through Prime. :)

Syndicate Bias

Already ordered them again after selling my theri for $70 haha. Knocked two birds with one stone. The quetzal and Compy are also available to pre order

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 03, 2018, 06:01:11 AM
https://www.amazon.com/Papo-Quetzalcoaltus-Toy-Figurine-Multicolored/dp/B07C6TLNCJ

Heres the quetzal

I would like to see it for the videos when that magnificent pterosaur is released. It is perhaps for me one of the best made by the company Papo, although perhaps the tupuxuara may be better.

Anyway it is one of my favorite prehistoric animals of Papo along with the acrocanthosaurus and therizinosaurus.

Reptilia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 03, 2018, 05:33:16 AM
Compy is a smaller figure if the stats here are right

Same data on the Quetzalcoatlus page.

dragon53

Based on the photos and videos, it appears that the Therizinosaurus, Iguanodon and Acrocanthosaurus Repaint have a glossy finish.
If so, does that mean that Papo has given up on matte finishes found on the earlier Spinosaurus, Allosaurus, standing Tyrannosaurus, etc.?

I personally think the matte finish gives the dinosaurs a more realistic look.

Syndicate Bias

I own all three. The Theri isn't really glossy, the acro is and so is the iguanodon. But hey its better than the cryo that was super glossy

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 10, 2018, 11:45:15 PM
I own all three. The Theri isn't really glossy, the acro is and so is the iguanodon. But hey its better than the cryo that was super glossy
I agree. The new figures have a gloss to them but are way less glossy than some previous figures. I don't have the new Acrocanthosaurus yet but it looks less glossy than the paint job from the year before.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

dragon53

I still think the totally matte finish on Papo's earlier Spinosaurus, Allosaurus, etc. is the best and most realistic finish.

I wish Papo would bring the totally matte finish back.

tanystropheus

When I was younger, I liked gloss (unlike electronics, gloss on toys don't leave behind smudgy fingerprints) I still absolutely love gloss on the inner palate, eyes and mucus membranes.
When I got older, I liked matte.
Nowadays, I am okay with either.

Shonisaurus

Matte colors are more realistic for any type of animal than bright colors. It is true that there are animals with bright colors in the animal fauna, but the vast majority of current vertebrates, regardless of their skins striped or polka dots, for example (zebras, tigers, leopards) are dull colors.

Even the Komodo monitor is a dull or dull color. From a scientific point of view, muted colors are more realistic.

In any case nowadays there are figures of beautiful and outstanding but brilliant dinosaurs, the only solution for those who are critical to those paintings from my honest point of view is to repaint them with less bright colors.

Syndicate Bias

Um i ordered from them just now their compy and quetzal and chose the bank account/check option and im confused i haven't put my info yet and placed the order somehow?  I got an email but i don't understand a word. So where do i pay? This is frustrating

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: