News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

With a little luck the compsognathus will arrive to all online stores shortly. Interesting news.

Syndicate Bias

danmalcolm

Looks sweet, way better than the original promo pics! Perfect size too. Love it, thanks for posting.

Flaffy

Looks a lot better than I expected, but what a darn shame about that creeping gargoyle pose. A classic towering Azhdarchid pose would've been much preferred. 
Also that overbite is a little distracting.

danmalcolm

Head held high would have been really cool, but this pose is growing on me.

tanystropheus

The wings actually look membraneous. I remember the Dimetro sail had a cool effect when held up to the light.

Patrx

As expected, I strongly dislike it.

Shonisaurus

I think it's a great figure, by far the best pterosaur made by that company, regardless of whether Papo's tupuxuara is more precise, the quetzalcoatlus is a figure for me to put it with the highest score. Rivalizes in beauty with the therizinosaurus and acrocanthosaurus (new touch of paint). When I buy the quetzalcoatlus I know positively that I will not regret it, it will be one of my favorite pterosaur figures.

Syndicate Bias thanks for sharing these beautiful photos.

Halichoeres

It probably is Papo's best pterosaur, but they've always been pretty weak on pterosaurs. Hard pass.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Simon

Its a very well made, detailed sculpt, it even looks likelike from certain angles  :o ...but... aesthetically its HIDEOUS to me  :-X ...conjures up the stuff of nightmares  :-\ ...  Maybe that's what they looked like on the ground?

I'd rather have one majestically soaring ... this was a missed opportunity for Papo....

OTOH, I am so DEFINITELY getting the Papo Therizinosaurus  O:-)  ... so I can pose it across from TRex "Wilson"  >:D ...

(OK, I'm emojid-out!)  ;)

Syndicate Bias

That compy looks way better than the stock image

Reptilia

The Tupuxuara is a nice little figurine, as is their JW Dimorphodon, but with this Quetzalcoatlus they've outdone themselves. Hands down the best pterosaur PVC model available, nothing matches such a fine and artsy detail. Plus the pose is imaginative and unusual, as often is with Papo prehistoric figures. And looking at the Compsognathus seems like it's poker for Papo this year. This little guy blows the Rebor version out of the water, you can't get a better TLW Compsognathus unless you fork out $$$ for a statue. Possibly the best year for Papo so far. Thanks for the pics, Syndicate!

Shonisaurus

I can attest that the vast majority of the figures of promotion and stock of online toy companies and the promotional brands of toy companies valid redundancy are much worse than the figure of the dinosaur or prehistoric animal in person.

The quetzalcoatlus of Papo is not an exception is one of my figures of prehistoric animals in this case preferred.

Minmiminime

Papo really can't be beaten when it comes to gloriously sculpted monstrosities 😁 I love that Quetz!! And the Compy is a cute little devil, though it's less rich in colouration than I'd thought
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

I think i like it only issue i have with the compy just like the acro is its dull colour compared to the stock images. Other that its by far the best compy aside from Chronicle Collectinles one

DragonRider02

Oh God, the Quetzalcoatlus is simply FABULOUS! The pose is very creative, he looks like he's sneaking behind back of some large theropod Dino to steal some delicious Meat from its kill. The colors are great too, I like the Blue on the neck and colorful crest. I can't wait to pick him up!

PhilSauria

Seeing your great images further cements the place this one currently holds at the top of my wants list. One of Papo's best IMHO, so naturalistic and lifelike. Can't wait until it becomes available locally.

IrritatorRaji

The Quetz and the Compy both look amazing, way better than their stock images!

Syndicate Bias

I agree! Now the papo 2019 line up anticipation can commence...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: