News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atokensis

Acrocanthosaurus is here! Thank you so much Everything Dinosaur for your wonderful service, exceptional shipping to the U.S. and outstanding packaging! The model has arrived in superior condition!

Atokensis

Minmiminime

That Acro truly is one of their finest! It's a very impressive improvement, just shows how much a decent colour scheme can do a great sculptors justice. Great comparison shots! This model is on my "must have" list, along with the Quetz and "Compy"
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

PhilSauria

Thanks for the photos, especially the comparisons - great to see how this one sizes up against its Papo stablemates. Amazing what a new paint job can do - it looks so naturalistic now. Can't wait until these become available lately but I suspect that it will be a while. Ah well more time to save I guess, if only the funds weren't being tempted out of the wallet and towards other great figures. What a year to be a collector!

Syndicate Bias

Tue quetzalcoatlus is by far one of their best imo. All four of their big dinosaurs have not let me down. Hopefully we see this kind of quality from papo from now on

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the Atokensis photos, I can attest that Papo dinosaur figures, including the therizinosaurus, acrocanthosaurus and iguanodon of Papo 2018, look much better physically than in photographs and it is not an exaggeration, nor am I exaggerating that in the case of therizinosaurus and acrocanthosaurus de Papo do not have to envy the resin figures in terms of quality, finish and details.

Fortunately, I also have these dinosaur beauties on my shelves.

Shonisaurus

Here is a video of Papo's quetzalcoatlus. The quetzalcoatlus we see a figure at the same height of the genialdiad of the therizinosaurus and acrocanthosaurus of Papo 2018 we could even add to the compsognathus,

The video is by Kathrins Dinoversum. The figure is magnificent, it is the best pterosaur made by Papo to date with difference even better than his tupuxuara work of art. His grade is honors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6AHCItTSmE

ITdactyl

Almost seems the Theri was designed to be reacting towards the Acro.... almost.  Anyone willing to post a showdown pic?

Atokensis

Quote from: ITdactyl on July 13, 2018, 06:28:36 PM
Almost seems the Theri was designed to be reacting towards the Acro.... almost.  Anyone willing to post a showdown pic?

Reptilia

They don't look much complementary to me. Maybe the Iguanodon with the Baryonyx? Of course a juvenile herbivore against its fully grown predator.

hao_bao

Quote from: Reptilia on July 14, 2018, 11:51:47 PM
They don't look much complementary to me. Maybe the Iguanodon with the Baryonyx? Of course a juvenile herbivore against its fully grown predator.

Works somewhat better when you raise the acro on a platform. Seen here on its rocky perch.

ITdactyl

Thanks for posting those pics.  Yep, works for me.
I didn't mean in a scientific way, these 2 animals never would have met.

I just meant the acro is crouched and looking upwards, while the theri is rearing back and looking slightly downwards.  Displaying them slightly farther apart (to me) makes the scene more convincing.  Since my theri's en route, 'now thinking if I should get the acro to match.

Reptilia

I didn't mean in a scientific way either, it is just the Acrocanthosaurus stands too low to fit with the Therizinosaurus upright pose. Unless you raise up the Acrocanthosaurus on something, like hao_bao did. I think the Therizinosaurus fits way better with the Baryonyx, pose wise. And it'd be interesting to see an Iguanodon vs Baryonyx comparison, I have both but when I got the Iguanodon the Baryonyx was already in storage, so I couldn't see how they look together.

Shadowknight1

Just ordered the new repaint of the Acrocanthosaurus from Everything Dinosaur.  Yeah, I couldn't resist.  Honestly, it'll look a bit more natural beside my Rebor Acro.  Still gonna keep the first one though cause I love the colors.  Just have to find a place to put it.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Atokensis

japfeif

Quote from: Faelrin on July 04, 2018, 02:10:57 AM
I'd be totally on board for Papo to do a Dracorex or Stygimoloch (even if those might be juvenile Pachycephalosaurus). I'm a little more biased towards Dracorex just because they could pull off a really nice dragon-like one (in the head). Of course JWFK has made me interested in Stygimoloch now as well.

Edit: Also models of pachycephalosaurids outside of Pachycephalosaurus (adult at least) are few and far between except the Safari Ltd and CollectA Dracorex.

I'd really like to see a few of the "classic" dinos made by Papo, like a different Tyrannosaurid like Gorgosaurus,  some of the horned dinos that haven't been done by them, like a Protoceratops, Centrosaurus, Diablosaurus, or Chasmosaurus, and some cool orniths like Corythosaurus or Lambeosaurus. Maybe some oddball Permian non-dinos like Eryops or Edaphosaurus, and I'd like to see some more mammals, especially Macrauchenia, Moropus, Megatherium and Doedicurus (I guess I kind of have a thing for the "classics"! haha)

Shonisaurus

I would also like a tyrannosaurus other than tyrannosaurus rex such as gorgosaurus, alioramus, yutyrannus, albertosaurus, tarbosaurus or daspletosaurus.

As far as cerastosides are concerned, I think it is time for a company to make a protoceratops, monoclonius, centrosaurus and even the sinoceratops based on the JW film.

In regard to prehistoric mammals I would like a paraceratherium, Papo needs a paraceratherium although being sincere fits more with the company more classic models such as macrauchenia, megatherium, glyptodon or an extinct mammal recently like thylacine.

When it comes to pachycephosaurus I would like a stygimoloch, dracorex and even an adult pachycephalosaurus since its current version is improvable. It would be good a reissue by Papo of a pachycephalosaurus.

Shonisaurus

I pass a video of Jurassic Collectables on Papo's compsognathus I understand that it is a more than acceptable figure can be among the best figures of small theropods made so far in the toy market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJaY6OJbtfk&feature=push-u&attr_tag=lN-FnwZKpOlG3Nzl-6

tanystropheus

Quote from: japfeif on July 16, 2018, 12:21:43 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on July 04, 2018, 02:10:57 AM
I'd be totally on board for Papo to do a Dracorex or Stygimoloch (even if those might be juvenile Pachycephalosaurus). I'm a little more biased towards Dracorex just because they could pull off a really nice dragon-like one (in the head). Of course JWFK has made me interested in Stygimoloch now as well.

Edit: Also models of pachycephalosaurids outside of Pachycephalosaurus (adult at least) are few and far between except the Safari Ltd and CollectA Dracorex.

Diablosaurus

What's that? Is that like a Carnosaurus;)

It would be nice for them to have more pachycephalosaurids, but Papo put themselves in a ridiculous situation where their Dracorex or Stygimoloch models will be larger than their Pachycephalosaurus. Also, Papo's Iguano is way more detailed than their Para. They might need to do a do-over of Para (please, no articulated jaw). I think a Saurolophus would fit Papo's style.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 16, 2018, 05:30:35 PM
I would also like a tyrannosaurus other than tyrannosaurus rex such as gorgosaurus, alioramus, yutyrannus, albertosaurus, tarbosaurus or daspletosaurus.

As far as cerastosides are concerned, I think it is time for a company to make a protoceratops, monoclonius, centrosaurus and even the sinoceratops based on the JW film.

In regard to prehistoric mammals I would like a paraceratherium, Papo needs a paraceratherium although being sincere fits more with the company more classic models such as macrauchenia, megatherium, glyptodon or an extinct mammal recently like thylacine.

When it comes to pachycephosaurus I would like a stygimoloch, dracorex and even an adult pachycephalosaurus since its current version is improvable. It would be good a reissue by Papo of a pachycephalosaurus.

They should probably remake their Pachycephalosaurus as well, and pretend that their older version never existed (not that it was a bad model, but there is considerable room for improvement)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: