News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hao_bao

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on July 27, 2018, 03:14:10 PM
Ah i see im not the only one that thinks one Compy is not enough. Honestly they should've made it smaller so it could be a lil bit cheaper so buying 3 isn't equivalent to buying to big figures

Unfortunately the compies are much bigger than I thought, which makes them more difficult to display.

Minmiminime

My Papo Quetz arrived today! It has a slightly warped upper jaw, but that should be an easy fix. It's pretty spectacular, I honestly can't add anything that hasn't already been seen in the reviews, other than I am very impressed with the detail in the mouth, which is somewhat goose-like and very well done 😊
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Minmiminime on July 31, 2018, 08:23:52 PM
My Papo Quetz arrived today! It has a slightly warped upper jaw, but that should be an easy fix. It's pretty spectacular, I honestly can't add anything that hasn't already been seen in the reviews, other than I am very impressed with the detail in the mouth, which is somewhat goose-like and very well done 😊

It is good to know that in this week I will buy the quetzalcoatlus and compsognathus in my store of all life the Museum Store of Natural Sciences and I would like to have a second quetzalcoatlus with the jaw perfectly articulated and without problems of deformity.

The quetzalcoatlus that I bought from our forum member and friend Miron from urzeitshop is not a problem. But honestly I want to have another second quetzalcoatlus since for me it is one of the best Papo figures of this year.

When I buy a prehistoric animal and dinosaur figure, I try to make sure that it is perfectly flawless and perfectly painted. I do not like the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals with manufacturing defects.

Syndicate Bias

When Papo releases a Carcharodontosaurus or a Giganotosaurus i will be buying 3-5 of them I need a pack of them

tanystropheus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 01, 2018, 07:04:35 AM
When Papo releases a Carcharodontosaurus or a Giganotosaurus i will be buying 3-5 of them I need a pack of them

Get them all custom painted  ;) Mod the arms and legs so that you will have a pack with members that aren't necessarily identical. Pose them in both open jaw and closed jaw. Have fun. You've been waiting a long time for this. 2019 is your year. :) :)

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 01, 2018, 09:05:53 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 01, 2018, 07:04:35 AM

Get them all custom painted  ;) Mod the arms and legs so that you will have a pack with members that aren't necessarily identical. Pose them in both open jaw and closed jaw. Have fun. You've been waiting a long time for this. 2019 is your year. :) :)

Thanks bud! I hope so I really do!

Shadowknight1

By the by, got my new Acro.  While I do like the old colors a lot, the new recolor looks more natural AND looks better next to the Rebor Acro.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Lizerd

Will papo ever do a Tarbosaurus, maybe a fluffy Rex? Papo looks amazing in detail, BUT most are inaccurate...
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Jose S.M.

I don't think they'll make a fluffy Tyrannosaurus. They look fixed on repaint their JP one and the extent of the feathers on tyrannosaurids is still on debate and I don't think they'll go for partially feathered but I might be wrong. And Papo is kind of moving away from totally inaccurate, they still aren't very rigorous like trying to match skeletal proportions but they are getting better, except for the figures that are clearly "homages" to JP/JW like the Compy and Dimorphodon.

Lizerd

Aww.... Papo does really amazing detail and the feathered animals they have do look good (maybe not as good as some of the Safari ones but whatever), kind of interesting though how they are dead set on JP animals but that also drives me away from them as they as I really am not a huge fan of how JP has continued. Well now we can only wait for what is next... maybe a giganotosaurus?
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/

Jose S.M.

Giga has been asked for so much and I still think it will come out soon. They can make a nice in between for the Safari and Vitae ones, it would be similar in size to the Safari one but with more texture and without a base, that would make it different enough to compete with it. And cheaper than the Vitae one. I think it's a safe choice for them, it would sell good even with the competition it has so hopefully in the near future we'll see the desired Papo Giganotosaurus.

Syndicate Bias

Well i own all the gigas worth getting in my opinion. The two Safari Gigas and the Vitae and Shanes  Giganotosaurus which is my flagship dinosaur of my entire collection currently. And honestly I think a papo one will easily crush any of them except maybe the resin kit but it wouod compete. Vitae Giganotosaurus  is great but I know Papo could make an even more detailed one for less money and much easier to acquire for many members here. Only other Giganotosaurus I'm looking forward to is PNSO which honestly if it becomes available next year I might get 2 and eventually 3 and as said before I'll get a bunch from.papo assuming they do a stellar job on their Giganotosaurus. 

In other matters I asked Vitae about a possible Carcharodontosaurus and they said too early and similar to the Giganotosaurus so they said they will consider it in 2019. And Shane Foulkes is also making a Carcharodontosaurus later this year presumably so hopefully it also gets brought up by papo eventually

Lizerd

Both safari gigas are pretty good, but it would be interesting to see how the giga gets interpreted by papo. They have really good detailing, well all we can do is wait  :)

PhilSauria

I'd also like to see Papo tackle a Giganotosaur - just hope they didn't put it in one of the crazy poses that can ruin their figures (for me - Baryonyx!!). Ideally striding along purposely like the Allosaurus rather than say leaning down like the Acrocanth. Who knows if they pay much attention to any feedback such as this Forum but you'd like to think that the demand for them to bring us their take on this animal would have filtered through to them somehow. Time will tell.

Syndicate Bias

Yea that's my only worry. I hope it's in a neutral pose. Otherwise only PNSO's Giganotosaurus  will be the very best honestly in my eyes.

I would think this is it for Papo. Every other company but Rebor AND collectA have already done a Giganotosaurus and CollectA technically did through their Mapusaurus in a way. I would've thought Rebor of all companies would've already done one honestly seeing as it's a very popular theropod now that rivals t rex but I guess they haven't got the memo

Lizerd

Papo doesnt do neutral poses though... brace for a wonky pose!

hao_bao

I'd much rather see a Papo gallimimus than a giga, we already have so many large therapods from them and not nearly enough herbivores to balance things out. In fact, there isn't a single ornithomimid yet, a whole class of dinosaur completely neglected.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Lizerd on August 03, 2018, 02:58:15 AM
Papo doesnt do neutral poses though... brace for a wonky pose!

I like these wonky poses. They look so surreal  ;)

Lizerd

Wonky poses are fun in moderation, then there are the real odd balls  :)) maybe we will get a giga like that?

Syndicate Bias

I just want the Giganotosaurus to compliment their running rex. Leaks for papo come as early as October so we shall see. Either way I can't wait for what papo has in 2019

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: