News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: sauroid on November 24, 2017, 08:01:20 AM
let's all hope for a "killer" Giga figure from Papo...

Your hopes have been Qushed by CollectA

Syndicate Bias

In all regrets its true, here's the link

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2017/11/24/new-collecta-models-2018-part-4-of-4.html

Its a mapusaurus and honestly I might get it, but since we don't know if papo has anything else the vitae giganotosaurus will be our only other option

MLMjp

Quote from: SyndicateBias on November 24, 2017, 09:45:19 AM
In all regrets its true, here's the link

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2017/11/24/new-collecta-models-2018-part-4-of-4.html

Its a mapusaurus and honestly I might get it, but since we don't know if papo has anything else the vitae giganotosaurus will be our only other option

There is also the Safari Giganotosaurus from last year. Honestly with that figure in the market, I personally don't care about Papo making a Giganotosaurus anymore.

japfeif

Quote from: hao_bao on November 23, 2017, 01:00:58 PM
Quote from: Minmiminime on November 19, 2017, 07:54:40 PM
It interesting that ED put comparison shots of the original and revised caveman together. There seems to have been a marked reduction in quality in the new version.

I hope Papo will continue to make beautiful dinosaurs, even if they continue to have their peculiarities; I hope they're not in the process of reducing Mr Seo's stunning output in favour of poorer, cheaper models.

But, I only buy around two of their dinosaurs a year, anyway, so...next year is sorted regardless

I've got both of the original cavemen and can assure you the quality is horrendous and nothing like the promotional picture. Both are painted bright orange and lack any texturing or fine shading.

Yeah, me too (and that campfire piece). Definitely not up to the quality of their dino figures. In fact, I have all my Papos out and whenever anyone looks at the collection their first reaction is to be blown away (remember, most of my friends are not hardcore dino enthusiasts, noticing things like pronated hands & shrinkwrapping...they just are quite impressed by the detail and the "life-like" quality of the Papos...which they have in spades), but then they invariably chuckle when they see the 2 cavemen.
Papo definitely needs to stay away from the humans & focus on the critters, IMO.
But then, most companies seem to have a tough time making human figures.

Syndicate Bias

Well I guess there's always next year for a giganotosaurus

Shonisaurus

Honestly I repeat again it seems a good year for Papo, few figures, true but two very well finished (therizinosaurus and iguanodon) sincerely I am more in favor of other toy dinosaur companies than those of the Papo brand, but I respect their philosophy and I sincerely see that there are critics in a certain way a little cruel against this company.

True, the amargasaurus is not a figure from my point of view well done, but it is true that they have made two that replace all the figures of the previous year. Apart from that we have to wait until they publish (if you leave the company) of new photos apart from the merely promotional ones and the most important thing is to see them physically to judge them.

Jose S.M.

So  the Giganotosaurini comment was general and not specific for Papo, meaning it's the Collecta Mapusaurus?

Khanosaurus

danmalcolm

Relax buddy. We all would have loved a papo giga, but don't harp on ed for giving us a misleading teaser. I thought it was kind of fun that they did that, it had a bit of mystery to it. Ed doesn't get to pick who makes what, and I really think they were just trying to show us a good time. I don't know how papo could top the vitae giga anyway. I'm satisfied. Though I was hoping for someone to make a gigantoraptor. 2018 will be a good year. I don't feel f#$/*d at all.

Flaffy

Ravonium

Flaffy

Syndicate Bias

Well papo won't say until January everything so we can only hope there's one more reveal. As for vitae I'm definitely picking that giganotosaurus up from.them.

Khanosaurus

My bad guys. I'm just upset about the false news. But like you said a therizinosaurus and iguanadon are better than nothing. I can wait till next year for the Giga.

Irritation

And so begins a new yearly figure discussion. Also, it sounds like the rumors of a Koreaceratops were false.

Syndicate Bias

Hey don't sweat it, at least vitae did a giganotosaurus I think that's fine for now.

terrorchicken

so no new extinct mammals next year?
not that this year's were great, but...

Irritation

Quote from: terrorchicken on November 24, 2017, 08:43:43 PM
so no new extinct mammals next year?
not that this year's were great, but...
Well, hopefully we can get a Terror Bird at one point.

Shonisaurus

For the news that STS forum issued it seemed that Collecta were not going to make more dinosaur figures, but fortunately it was not like that.

I wish I was not wrong but I think Papo has an ace up his sleeve, in the sense that he will reveal even more figures, although anyway I will settle for the therizinosaurus and the iguanodon for me they are outstanding figures within the Non-scientific stance in some figures by Papo, but as has already been mentioned, the therizinosaurus is a figure based on paleontological recreations and is inspired by quality paleo-sculptures.

I do not understand how we complain so much, in the end if they do not make the giganotosaurus it will be a money saved in our accounts, but honestly Who can affirm or deny that in the end Papo surprises us with another figure better than the previous ones among those who are a giganotosaurus or other prehistoric animal requested in the forum? Seeing the case of Collecta to give an example nothing is impossible.

We must bear in mind that the year has not yet ended, we should all be a little patient, even if it is only an appreciation of mine we may have a Christmas surprise in this case from Papo.

We must not advance events.

SpartanSquat

Where did you read in Sts said they are not going to make more dinosaurs?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: