News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archosauria

Quote from: Albertosaurus on October 22, 2017, 11:37:06 AM
Looks like Papo will release an Amargasaurus in 2018. In my opinion it looks quite bad if you compare it to the apatosaurus or even the brachio...

Edit: canĀ“t post the image,here is the link.

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5378518092

Not my favorite. It looks like Titanosaurus from Terror of Mechagodzilla.
I like Safari's Amargasaurus better.

Also, is it a coincidence that Safari and Papo are both making the same dinosaur the same year?

I really hope this model isn't legitimate.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Joey

I think it is legitimate because it looks like the picture was taken at a toyfair because of all of the models in the background.

Archosauria

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on October 22, 2017, 09:21:58 PM
I think it is legitimate because it looks like the picture was taken at a toyfair because of all of the models in the background.

Oh no   :-[

It looks like the kind of thing Schleich would make...
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Joey

Quote from: Archosauria on October 22, 2017, 09:24:19 PM

I agree. The model is pretty bad which makes me wonder who sculpted this model and the Polacanthus?

Shonisaurus

It reminds me a little of geoworld Papo's amargasaurus. With the difference that Geoworld's amargasaurus is superior to this figure of Papo. It is necessary to be sincere but this figure every time I see it I like much less.

There is no quality and seems made at ease. This rather poorly finished, I think they have changed the sculptor because even the polacanthus foxii of the same factory gave a thousand turns to this figure.

PaleoMatt

I can't believe this is legit. The 'sail' looks like it's been glued on and not part of the animal.

Loon

The face gives of a sort of disgruntled "Reluctant Dragon" look.

Takama

The Design of the Amargasurus looks a lot more cartoonish then the others in the line.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Archosauria on October 22, 2017, 09:24:19 PM

Maybe Schleich and Papo traded places  :o

tanystropheus

Quote from: Loon on October 22, 2017, 11:17:19 PM
The face gives of a sort of disgruntled "Reluctant Dragon" look.

Interesting that you picked up on that. Actually, almost all the Amargas out there resemble dragons, horses and seahorses.

Moodyraptor

I don't think it looks that far out of line with papo's other models, in terms of style and quality (though the latter is very hard to tell from just that one picture).  I actually don't mind it, it looks like it has character, but if I was going to buy a new amargasaurus, I'd certainly choose the WS one.

Is the PNSO amargasaurus pictured a new model?  I haven't seen that one before.  Now that is very nice...

Irritation

Don't lose hope on Papo just yet. Remember, they have made a decent Ceratosaurus this year, and while the Amagasaurus might not be this well now, there's a chance for some other decent creatures to be revealed in a few months.

Reptilia

It was the same last year when the Polacanthus came out, people were celebrating Papo's funeral. There are at least two different sculptors, and this Amargasaurus is likely by the same that made the Tylosaurus and the Polacanthus, but in a couple of months we'll have the full 2018 collection revealed, and I'm sure there will be some good stuff as usual. That said, when Papo is not good is still ok, which is a plus.

Jose S.M.

I don't think people are celebrating or expecting Papo's funeral, it's just they are pointing out that the Amarga looks subpar comparing to what Papo offers traditionally, like with any other company that releases something below their usual standards.

Roselaar

It's not the best Amargasaurus, but it's not as horrible as some people here would have us believe. And what's with the hate for the Polacanthus? That's not a bad figure.

Reptilia

You know, scientific accuracy and stuff like that. Both figures are fine, not as good as Papo's usual, but to say they're rubbish or horrible sounds a bit like an exaggeration to me. To each their own, opinions are subjective.

sauroid

i can't believe that's an actual current/about to be released Papo product. the Polacanthus i actually bought and think is good, but this Amarga i wont take even for free (space is more important). okay, i take it back, i will take it for FREE.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

It's just one of Papo's 2018 figures. I understand that it is necessary to wait and continue analyzing with new photographs. You always have to keep hope in a toy company and more in Papo.

But honestly and I have repeated it does not convince me that figure. I have the amargasaurus of Geoworld and is honestly less bad than this amargasaurus, is perhaps the worst figures that unfortunately Papo has done with the tylosaurus and plesiosaurus, and that I am a follower of this magnificent company however in this case I was disappointed .

This figure seems to be a cluster of depredations.
at I am a follower of this magnificent company however in this case I was disappointed

Gwangi

That Amargasaurus is a real disappointment. I had high hopes that if Papo ever made an Amargasaurus it would be fantastic. The genus just seems to lend itself well to Papo's style. Not sure why the Carnegie Amarga gets so much hate, I love it.

Minmiminime

:o that really ain't pretty on first impressions, I'll be most interested to see further pictures. There may be detail there which just isn't showing up to its best effect in those conditions. I hope!! On the plus side, the nostrils appear to be in a reasonable position, and it hasn't got absurdly protruding teeth
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: