News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

I would like to see an adult Apatosaurus.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SyndicateBias on January 17, 2018, 05:50:17 AM
Wonder if mr.seo will have an interview soon on what dinosaurs are up in the air for future line ups not just 2019.

Maybe a tyrannotitan or carcha aside from a giganotosaurus or mapusaurus and an accurate spinosaurus that can rival the PNSO one

So, has PNSO launched a spinosaurus this year? I did not know, I did not know it.

On the other hand it would be interesting to make a giganotosaurus Papo as soon as possible there is much demand among collectors and if not well as a mapusaurus, a tyrannotitan or a carcharodontosaurus. They are all very interesting figures.

Reptilia

Quote from: SyndicateBias on January 17, 2018, 05:50:17 AM
Wonder if mr.seo will have an interview soon on what dinosaurs are up in the air for future line ups not just 2019.

There was a korean forum member a while ago which was in touch with Mr Seo, I think the username was POP of FUN. Unfortunately he's not active anymore, otherwise we could try to ask him.

Syndicate Bias

Nah it's just leaked images that I came across of their spino and giganotosaurus which btw looks like the best giga of all time so far better than vitae or resin kits. I'm hoping the PNSO Giganotosaurus makes it through as well as their amargasarus and spinosaurus

Shonisaurus

In short, the Giganotosaurus Papo is in the pipeline, that's great news and if it's better than other companies like the ones mentioned, much better. A giganotosaurus better than the resin figures I guess it will be very expensive within what is understood the toy market.

I'm glad you have a new Papo spinosaurus that greatly improves your Jurassic Park spinosaurus. Two great news.

As it seems (although this does not belong to this post) PNSO has not thrown in the towel, that seems great.  :)

Reptilia

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 18, 2018, 03:22:45 PM
In short, the Giganotosaurus Papo is in the pipeline, that's great news and if it's better than other companies like the ones mentioned, much better.

No guys, it's everybody's wish to get a Giganotosaurus from Papo, eventually, but still nothing sure. I reaffirm it just in case that Papo doesn't come up with a Giganotosaurus in 2019 and then people start to complain once again.

Syndicate Bias

I'm sure a giga isn't far off considering the cries for an iguanodon and therizino have been answered

hao_bao

Gallimimus is the only Jurassic Park dino that hasn't been done now.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: hao_bao on January 19, 2018, 12:51:55 AM

Theres also Mamenchisaurus and Corythosaurus, unless you were talking about just the first movie.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Reptilia

Quote from: SyndicateBias on January 19, 2018, 12:48:08 AM
I'm sure a giga isn't far off considering the cries for an iguanodon and therizino have been answered

Sure, that's a possibility.

stargatedalek

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 19, 2018, 01:20:02 AM

Theres also Mamenchisaurus and Corythosaurus, unless you were talking about just the first movie.
And Geosternbergia, if you want to count it (since the JP3 and TLW ones were based on different species). Their Ankylosaurus also wasn't based on either the JP or JW version, so personally I wouldn't count it.

Shonisaurus

The only toy gallimimus good from my point of view was Battat, but it is discontinued. It would be interesting if Papo made one, based on Jurassic Park.

On the other hand, a reissue of carnotaurus based on the one from the Jurassic Park 2018 movie would be great.

hao_bao

Yeah sorry I was referring to the first film. It always bothers me that Papo's dinos are carnivore heavy, looks bad in the dioramas. Should realistically be more herbivores.

CityRaptor

Because that is what sells. When it comes to Dinosaurs, a lot people don't ask for realism, they ask for more teeth!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Quote from: hao_bao on January 19, 2018, 05:49:28 PM

Yeah sorry I was referring to the first film. It always bothers me that Papo's dinos are carnivore heavy, looks bad in the dioramas. Should realistically be more herbivores.

I think almost all companies make way too many carnivores. PNSO was briefly an exception.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Katieraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 19, 2018, 06:46:36 PM

I think almost all companies make way too many carnivores. PNSO was briefly an exception.

I'd love to see more really interesting herbivores. Stuff like Titanosaurs, that often had armor or clubs, or more pachycephalosaurs.
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Syndicate Bias

You should realistically realise papo is still a company, they wanna put out what sells the most and carnivores are what a kid will go for mostly.

hao_bao

Aye, I realise I'm not the target audience, but it bothered me as a kid too. Like when you go to a zoo in America and overhear someone saying "where are all the big animals at?" Or tourist in London's Natural History museum demanding to be shown the T-Rex. Charismatic megafauna they're referred to in the industry.

Reptilia

It depends on how you make your herbivores. I bet the new Therizinosaurus will be a top seller, and I think a new ceratopsian from Mr Seo could do fairly well too.

Katieraptor

Quote from: Reptilia on January 19, 2018, 08:56:50 PM
It depends on how you make your herbivores. I bet the new Therizinosaurus will be a top seller, and I think a new ceratopsian from Mr Seo could do fairly well too.

Why stop at Therizinosaurus? Let's get a Deinocheirus!

Do we have a papo stegosaurid yet?
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: