News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Considering that a PNSO Amargasaurus technically does not exist, if Eofauna makes an Amargasaurus it might be the definitive one.

Syndicate Bias

who am.i kidding I wish someone would make a Carcharodontosaurus since Vitae took care of the Giganotosaurus

Shonisaurus

A amargasaurus from Eofauna or Vitae would be the best on the market.

In Eofauna I believe that the production of the dinosaur by the end of the year will be centered on a theropod. So I do not think I'll make a amargasaurus in a short period of time.

But a Vitae amargasaurus at the same height as its giganotosaurus would surely be the best figure made of that species.  8)

What I do not understand is that the members of the DTF are so pessimistic about the amargasaurus PNSO. As commented in the forum that there are rumors of restarting the company. "Hope is the last thing you lose".  ^-^

Reptilia

Papo will make either a Giganotosaurus or a Carcharodontosaurus, sooner or later. Big carnivores sell, Papo more than any other brand knows very well, so it is just a matter of time. I'm confident that 2019 will bring us another badass theropod, meanwhile we can enjoy the wonderful two that are coming this year. Plus that fantastic Quetzalcoatlus.

Simon

Quote from: Reptilia on March 15, 2018, 11:49:25 PM
After the straight-tusked elephant they should make a dinosaur, at least that's what they hinted at. Hopefully before the end of this year we'll see their first dinosaur figurine.

If they do, I will be shocked if it is NOT a Tyrannosaurus Rex.  We might as well get used to the idea, so that we're not disappointed.  (I mean, if they surprise us with something else, great, but I'm counting on a TRex from them as the first theropod ... because, well, you know ... its a TRex ... so its guaranteed to sell ...)   :-\

mgaguilar

@Simon, I wouldn't be so sure.
They started their series with two Elephantidae, and are quite active in communicating about their products, which means they probably noticed that their main clients aren't into the whole T.rex trend.

Have hope my friend.

Reptilia

I wouldn't mind if they'd choose a Tyrannosaurus as their first dino. Papo seems uninterested in making an updated one, the two existing sculpts probably still sell loads, and Collecta's last attempt isn't that appealing, so a new and likely accurate Tyrannosaurus would be more than welcome.

Syndicate Bias

Simon look at Vitae, they came out of nowhere with one of the least imaginable starts of a theropod. I mean, i think its s sign that more companies will be trying to do other theropod over the t Rex IMO. i could be wrong but starting with a giganotosaurus seemed to work well, and there seems to be a popularity increase with other similarly sized theropods compared to the Rex lately so im sure a carcha and a giganotosaurus will definitely surface soon. mostly the giganotosaurus first though. As for PNSO i hope their Giganotosaurus comes out i wanna get it so bad.

Syndicate Bias

I have a feeling 2019 will be when we see the Giganotosaurus on higher end lines like rebor and papo. and hopefully if the rumours are true, PNSO as well.

For now though, lets just wait and see, we have Vitae to hope for a carcharodontosaurus and as i said before I've contacted Cheung about Vitae doing a Carcharodontosaurus and he said too soon but maybe in 2019 will it be up in the air

Simon

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on March 16, 2018, 03:26:04 AM
Simon look at Vitae, they came out of nowhere with one of the least imaginable starts of a theropod. I mean, i think its s sign that more companies will be trying to do other theropod over the t Rex IMO. i could be wrong but starting with a giganotosaurus seemed to work well, and there seems to be a popularity increase with other similarly sized theropods compared to the Rex lately so im sure a carcha and a giganotosaurus will definitely surface soon. mostly the giganotosaurus first though. As for PNSO i hope their Giganotosaurus comes out i wanna get it so bad.

The PNSO Spinosaurus, AYEEE - THAR'S THE HOLY GRAIL FOR YA, MATEY!!!!   :o

Umm..  OK so I don't know where that pirate talk came from (its late) ;) but the unreleased PNSO Spinosaurus MIGHT just be the most beautiful dino figure I've ever seen ... its just a thing of beauty ...  :( :( :(

EmperorDinobot

How big is the PNSO Spinosaurus? Can I get a pic comparison with say....a Jurassic Park human figure?

mgaguilar

Oh. My. God.

PNSO.

WHY. Why did you dieeeee

Fantastic post Simon.

Shonisaurus

Regarding Eofauna I think we can be surprised with an unpublished theropod (I want to be an optimist) and not with a Tyrannosaurus rex, although it is the dinosaur par excellence.

On the other hand it is a matter of time that Papo makes a giganotosaurus, carcharodontosaurus and even a more exotic theropod for example majungasaurus for example.

Finally, my greatest wish is that one day PNSO will market its interrupted figures as that beautiful spinosaurus shown by Simon or the amargasaurus that for me was the best amargasaurus that a toy company had ever made (I cross my fingers and pray for someday PNSO comply with your objectives again).  :P

Reptilia

Quote from: Simon on March 16, 2018, 06:46:17 AM
the unreleased PNSO Spinosaurus MIGHT just be the most beautiful dino figure I've ever seen

Honestly it looks exactly like a Papo figure, if ever Papo decide to commission a non-JP updated Spinosaurus to Mr Seo.

Simon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 16, 2018, 08:05:12 AM
How big is the PNSO Spinosaurus? Can I get a pic comparison with say....a Jurassic Park human figure?

Its 1/35 scale, so a little longer than TRex "Wilson" ... I believe its about 17 inches ... or 44 cm ...

Syndicate Bias

PNSO Giganotosaurus and Trilobite Carcharodontosaurus https://imgur.com/a/O2lNA

scroll to the bottom for the PNSO Giganotosaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's a really nice looking Giga...I would have bought that.

Jose S.M.

I would have tried to find a way to get that one too. Looks really good.

Syndicate Bias

if the rumours are true about PNSO then we might be seeing it soon  :))

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on March 16, 2018, 03:15:20 PM
if the rumours are true about PNSO then we might be seeing it soon  :))

Hopefully we will soon have this leading company in the toy market again active. It would be perhaps a giganotosaurus superior to that of the company Vitae and therefore the best made to date in the toy market.

PNSO giganotosaurus is gorgeus.  8)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: