News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

I agree with you. when u saw this giganotosaurus, i looked at vitaes and pnso has done an even better job with theirs. enough to set a new high that papo and rebor may or may not live up to compared,

empire3569

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on March 16, 2018, 03:15:20 PM
if the rumours are true about PNSO then we might be seeing it soon  :))

what rumors about PNSO? I wasn't aware there was any more news...

Simon

Let's be carefully about "rumors" ... I have seen nothing reliable to indicate that the situation with PNSO has changed.  Their FB page has had no substantive posts in 6+ months, and their new stuff has not appeared anywhere for sale ... so, while I would love to believe ... so far nothing's changed with PNSO ...

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Simon on March 17, 2018, 02:13:32 AM
Let's be carefully about "rumors" ... I have seen nothing reliable to indicate that the situation with PNSO has changed.  Their FB page has had no substantive posts in 6+ months, and their new stuff has not appeared anywhere for sale ... so, while I would love to believe ... so far nothing's changed with PNSO ...

You're absolutely right, Simon. The same unfortunately we get an unpleasant surprise as has happened with Battat 2018.  :(  So we do not sing victory before time.

Until they sell a desired figure in an online PNSO store or there is reliable news, it is best to be prudent.

Syndicate Bias

no worries, just need to know where the prototypes exist in what museum and ill organise a strike team to retrieve them for me muhahaha.

Shadowknight1

Part of me wants the repaint Acro, but I do love the original colors...argh, I'm torn!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Syndicate Bias

you know i know you want it regardless. If its an Acrocanthosaurus you will get it no matter what, its your fave dinosaur from what i can tell.

Atokensis

Blade-of-the-Moon

looking better and better!

mgaguilar

I want ALL the large figures this year.  :o :o :o

tanystropheus

Quote from: mgaguilar on March 18, 2018, 05:02:00 AM
I want ALL the large figures this year.  :o :o :o

In other words, no Amarga  :))

I can't believe how good the Theri is looking!! :o

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 17, 2018, 04:56:52 PM
Part of me wants the repaint Acro, but I do love the original colors...argh, I'm torn!

Just get the repaint and then repaint it again every few years. It will be like leasing a new car!

ITdactyl

the details of the mouth of that quetz... wow...

The acro and the theri also seem to make a good diorama together (not realistic or "correct" of course, but 'would still look good IMO)

Shonisaurus

All the figures of Papo 2018 are awesome  8) except for the amargasaurus but no image of the compsognathus of Papo 2018 is displayed, for my part I would be interested in the company or the exhibitions of the fairs allowing photos of that little dinosaur to be revealed.

For the rest the therizinosaurus, acrocanthosaurus and quetzalcoatlus are my Papo dinosaur priority this year.  :P In the background are the iguanodon and the compsognathus   ^-^ and obviously for complementary reasons I will buy the amargasaurus that I can say that it looks worse in person than in photography or promotional images.  :(

The quetzalcoatlus (with those beautiful details of the mouth and the therizinosaurus with the details of the teeth look very cool and very cool.) Gorgeus!  :o  :o  :o

Reptilia

The Therizinosaurus looks even better in frontal view, what a muscular beast that is! The Quetzalcoatlus looks somehow grotesque, I agree with Mark Witton, but that's a plus cause it's pure art. On the Acrocanthosaurus I think I can't say anything more cause I have already expressed how much of an improvement this repaint is. All three are uber detailed as usual, and I think they'll look freakin' fantastic in hand!

Minmiminime

That's the thing with Papo, the models are usually very charming. Whilst the style is very different, to me they have something of an archaic Charles R. Knight crossed with Ray Harryhausen type of vibe. The more I see of the Quetz, the more I like it, too. Whilst they don't tick the boxes of scientific accuracy, they take me to a place where I can imagine them living more than any other brand of toy dinosaur. The PNSO Chungkingosaurus has a similar effect
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Reptilia

Quote from: Minmiminime on March 18, 2018, 02:03:38 PM
Charles R. Knight crossed with Ray Harryhausen type of vibe.

Oh, I see it!

Shonisaurus

The therizinosaurus looks like a sumo player. In short, he is a charming figure, he looks like a sumo player transformed by a metamorphosis into a dinosaur.  ^-^

In short they are artistic figures and very desirable for any collector both the therizinosaurus as the quetzalcoatlus and obviously the acrocanthosaurus with its new more realistic paint details.  8)  :P

The iguanodon and compsognathus are good but I classify them in the Papo 2018 dinosaurs as secondary actors. Good figures and very nice but of less importance for me.  :)

As for the amargasaurus and caveman, they are simple extras in this Papo collection.  :-\

Reptilia

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 18, 2018, 02:12:20 PM
The therizinosaurus looks like a sumo player.

I wouldn't rule out the pose was originally inspired by that! Should look nice in a kaiju-type diorama with the Baryonyx, an epic battle with some miniaturized japanese city surrounding them.

Acro's comics

Definitely some must have models this year.  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: