News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What other forums do you all go on?

Started by Soopairik, October 01, 2017, 08:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

The ATF hasn't quite gathered enough momentum to really take off, so it is a quiet refuge compared to the DTF. There are a handful of regular posters, but the community is small. It probably doesn't help that I don't have time to post much there myself. Of course, there are other already established excellent forums for animal toy collectors.

With the rise of social media over the last decade, internet forums are becoming an endangered species! But they are still the best format for in depth discussions that have perpetuity, so hopefully extinction isn't imminent.

Edit - there used to be a forum dedicated to prehistoric marine reptiles, of which I was a member and moderator. It got hacked and disappeared for a long time. When it was revived by the administrator there was no community to post any more! I reckon I could jump start that forum, if only I had time.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

On any forums I am on i'm normally just a lurker, but besides here I also frequent the Backyard Chickens forum (I don't have any chickens but it's a great source for all kinds of fowl related discussions), and if it counts I try to be as active as possible on DeviantArt.
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Ravonium

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on October 06, 2017, 12:34:06 PM
Still a lot of places, but being 100% disabled I kind of took use of these communities to fill in my days and this works  8)
What keeps a mind go'n, ya know.

I'll admit that I know how that feels. As someone who would be considered by most 'socially awkward', I find this forum one of the only places where I can actually have a discussion without any issues, as well as spend time on.

Huskies

For me:

Clubhouse Model Museum forum
Statue Forum

bmathison1972

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 06, 2017, 02:49:03 PM
The ATF hasn't quite gathered enough momentum to really take off, so it is a quiet refuge compared to the DTF. There are a handful of regular posters, but the community is small. It probably doesn't help that I don't have time to post much there myself. Of course, there are other already established excellent forums for animal toy collectors.

With the rise of social media over the last decade, internet forums are becoming an endangered species! But they are still the best format for in depth discussions that have perpetuity, so hopefully extinction isn't imminent.

Edit - there used to be a forum dedicated to prehistoric marine reptiles, of which I was a member and moderator. It got hacked and disappeared for a long time. When it was revived by the administrator there was no community to post any more! I reckon I could jump start that forum, if only I had time.

I noticed the sharpest decline at ATF after the Photobucket incident. I think that took wind out of a lot of peoples' sails. It probably affected most fora, but it shows stronger in a forum with less activity to begin with. I try my best to keep it going, but the other main poster now is Beetle Guy so the Animal Toy Forum is slowly turning into the Insect Toy Forum LOL. Now and then I nudge some of the other members to post something, to try and get some taxonomic diversity.

BlueKrono

I'd like to post on the ATF more but I'm waiting til I get a new phone with a better camera to document my extant animal collections, which are nearly as numerous as my extincts. True, I have been focusing more on this one as far as documentation in the past year.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Reptilia

If I had a decent camera I'd post a collection thread for my small variety of extant animals on the ATF, as well as here for my extincts. Hopefully next year.

Sinornis

In addition to this forum, I also enjoy the Fossil Forum.

http://www.thefossilforum.com/

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Soopairik

I also go on the Speculative Evolution forum sometimes.

Papi-Anon

Aside from here, I mainly lurk and post on 4chan's /toy/ forum, occasionally using my tripcode of the same name in the custom-figures thread and for the buy/sell/trade section. My forum name/tripcode comes from my first unfinished project of making a Figma-styled Papi from 'Everyday Life with Monstergirls'.
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.