News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2018

Started by Mironimus, November 03, 2017, 09:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Invicta did not, no.

Less than 24 hours till the next reveal! :D
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on November 15, 2017, 11:48:37 PM

Didn't Marx or Invicta also have an Edaphosaurus?

The only ones I know were the little Diener eraser version, the Starlux, and the Bullyland. The Diener was monochrome, however, and given the size of Edaphosaurus it probably would have scaled well with Invictas.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Everything_Dinosaur

News of the third wave of new prehistoric animal model releases from CollectA from Everything Dinosaur.  There is going to be a 1:40 scale Ceratosaurus, a 1:20 Dimetrodon and a Gomphotherium.  Pictures, details further information in our latest blog article: New CollectA Models (Part 3)

Dyscrasia

From Everything Dinosaur's blog
https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2017/11/17/new-collecta-models-2018-part-3.html

CollectA Deluxe 1:40 Scale Ceratosaurus Dinosaur Model

1:20 Scale Dimetrodon Model

1:20 Scale Gomphotherium Model

Joey

Dimetrodon's colors definetly don't work for me, I mean the sculpt is great but the colors are lackluster. Might get it, to do a repaint.The Cerato looks great, and I mean GREAT, coloration, base, everything. The Gomphotherium looks great too, very small and very realistic (looks like an elephant).

Simon

Ceratosaurus:   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dimetrodon:  Nice incorporation of new thinking regarding the legs, paint job a bit plain, but very good overall  :)

Abominable elephantine(?) creature:   :o What were they thinking?  ;)

John

Ceratosaurus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Loon

That dimetrodon is beautiful, there's like 30 dimetrodon species, I think I can get away with this and the Safari. The Ceratosaurus...............I'm in love....

Kaprosaurus

Woah! A tribal Ceratosaurus! :)) And another Dimetrodon? I need to know everyone's opinion on what is the most accurate Dimetrodon,i need heeelp!!! :'(

John

Quote from: Loon on November 17, 2017, 07:53:40 AM
That dimetrodon is beautiful, there's like 30 dimetrodon species, I think I can get away with this and the Safari. The Ceratosaurus...............I'm in love....
Here's something that you will not like very much...this CollectA Dimetrodon and the one just revealed by Safari Ltd. both represent the largest species,D. grandis...but that shouldn't stop you from eventually getting both anyway!
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Joey

Also for anybody wondering, here are the figure measurements (can be found on the E.D blog)
Ceratosaurus: just under 27 cm long and a little over 12 cm tall
Dimetrodon: 19 cm long and 11 cm tall
Gomphotherium: 18.5 cm long and just over 7 cm tall

Ravonium

My opinion on the figures:

Ceratosaurus: I like this figure. It is, in my opinion, better and more detailed, especially around the teeth, than the Safari Ltd Ceratosaurus. But there is a problem with the labelled scale, which isn't actually 1:40, but 1:30 for an 8 meter long individual. I also think the colour scheme makes the figure look like a clown.

Dimetrodon: Knew this would be their next Paleozoic animal. The colour scheme is a bit unfitting, but the figure incorporates modern ideas about Dimetrodon very well, possibly better than the Safari Ltd model that was revealed earlier this month. This is the only figure revealed this week I would consider getting, just for its accuracy to modern reconstructions of Dimetrodon.
Scale: Approximately 1:23 for a 4.5 meter long individual

Gompotherium: While there are many prehistoric mammals I'd rather have them release than a Gompotherium, this is not a particularly bad model. This is a case of a figure that the promo image doesn't give any justice to, as the figure looks a bit under-detailed and dull in the picture. There are no apparent inaccuracies in the sculpt, and if the toy fair images give justice to this figure, then I would get it.
Scale: Approximately 1:27 for a 5 meter long individual

Minmiminime

CollectA colour schemes are often eccentric, this year is no exception but I can happily live with That, it just gets better and better!! That Ceratosaurus is perfection. It's one of my favourite species, and this is a beaut! I love the detailing on the Dimetrodon, it's very convincing, that's now two Dimetrodons I'll be getting this year!! It took me a while to warm to CollectA, but the past few years have really impressed me ;D
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Loon

Quote from: John on November 17, 2017, 07:59:08 AM
Here's something that you will not like very much...this CollectA Dimetrodon and the one just revealed by Safari Ltd. both represent the largest species,D. grandis...but that shouldn't stop you from eventually getting both anyway!
I'll just do that thing...you know...that thing people do....
"I'll just say it's a baby, look it's smaller, it's fine if I ignore ontogeny."

Shonisaurus

My opinion about the new Collecta models:

Ceratosaurus is a great figure, its colors are elegant, although I do not like Collecta's philosophy of making figures with war paintings. Anyway, it will be a great figure that will be added to my collection.  8)

The dimetrodon is a perfect paleoartistic representation that is on a par with the company company Safari I do not know which of the two figures is better, but I sincerely like the dimetrodon of Doug Watson whose figure is extraordinary and very hyperrealistic, the dimetrodon of Collecta with these "mutilations" of war gives a very good image and you can use the estemmenosuchus to make dioramas como digo I do not know which of the two figures of the same species is better than Safari or Collecta (another new figure of the Permian and they go two).  :))

The gomphoterium is seen as a very dull pachyderm, with little detail and that is far from my point of view of the figures of prehistoric mammals that Collecta had us used to. Maybe my opinion varies when I see him physically or with new images of the corresponding toy fair that indicate that he is a good figure.  ???

It may be that the promotional gomphotherium photograph does not do it justice, but honestly it is not an unusual figure, but it is simply an opinion from my realistic point of view.

Anyway, it's been a great year for Collecta, although I would have preferred in this case rare and dark animals as we had always been accustomed each year.

The ones that I like most about this new revelation are ceratosaurus and dimetrodon versus a gomphotherium, I repeat that it can not be evaluated with justice until more photos can be seen from different angles. In any case, it is a superior figure to that of Bullyland (at first glance).

Kaprosaurus

Is it just me,or the tips of the spines of the Dimetrodon not covered?

Loon

Quote from: Kaprosaurus on November 17, 2017, 08:58:47 AM
No, it was an intentional design choice. Check out the link to ED's blog post. Anthony Beeson, the paleontological advisor comments on it there.

RobinGoodfellow

min. 2:28:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx8sAqO2bFQ&t=1160s

Kaprosaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on November 17, 2017, 09:30:03 AM

min. 2:28:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx8sAqO2bFQ&t=1160s

I know that,but the coloration of the tips make it look like it was pure bone,while Safari Dimetrodon had at least skin (Or so i thought)

Loon

@Kaprosaurus
Anthony Beeson, the model's designer said:  "As you will see, our Dimetrodon is unlike any that have been issued before as toys.  His sail does not reach to the end of neural spines and echoes the theory that the skin did not necessarily fully cover it.  It has also sustained an injury, which would be a reality as examples of bent and fractured spines have been found."
So I would guess the tips are just exposed bone?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: