News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2018

Started by Mironimus, November 03, 2017, 09:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on November 24, 2017, 05:40:04 PM
The CollectA Brontosaurus does have neck spikes..
Oh I was referring to the neck spines on the underside of the neck.

The previous CollectA Deluxe and standard feathered T. rex figures, and the CollectA T. rex corpse all have those large face scales too and they were 2015 and 2016 figures, while the Daspletosaurus horneri paper came out in 2017..
I see, never noticed them before, thanks.

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on November 24, 2017, 08:13:14 PM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on November 24, 2017, 08:57:08 AM
Tyrannosaurus: Eh... another one? Did we really need another Tyrannosaurus from CollectA?

Well...  Your forum profile's personal text is: "It looks like we need a feathered Rex"  And now CollectA has made precisely that, a new feathered T. rex.

Must've forgotten to change it, good job pointing out something I typed long before any decent feathered Tyrannosaurus figures were available.

Everything_Dinosaur

With regards to the list of retired CollectA models that is currently circulating, Everything Dinosaur can confirm that a number of the models listed are due to be retired and are not in production.  Other models listed will appear in the CollectA 2018 catalogue and will be available as long as current stocks last.  As for the feathered T. rex (88838) Collect Deluxe 1:40 scale replica.  We can confirm that this model is not due for retirement, collectors and model fans will still be able to acquire this model along with the new roaring Tyrannosaurus rex Deluxe figure that we announced this morning on our blog site.  The feathered T. rex model's future (88838) will be decided once a review of the sales performance of this figure in 2018 has been undertaken. 

We hope that this clarifies the situation.

Ravonium

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on November 25, 2017, 08:59:33 AM
Everything Dinosaur can confirm that a number of the models listed are due to be retired and are not in production.  Other models listed will appear in the CollectA 2018 catalogue and will be available as long as current stocks last.

Are the models on the list released in CollectA's early days (e.g. Megalosaurus) all going to be retired?

Shonisaurus

I am interested in the fact that Collecta makes a megalosaurus deluxe more considering that it is one of the first dinosaurs discovered together with iguanodon and hylaeosaurus. Collecta has already made a fabulous iguanodon this year. It would be good if the next one made those two species especially the megalosaurus considering that it is one of the most poorly represented figures in the toy market and only the only decent figure I have of megalosaurus is that of Invicta being sincere.

The toyway is not a good figure but neither is a bad figure, it is a dinosaur unfortunately quite thin and not very bulky. I understand that the commercialization of Collecta megalosaurus in the style of its theropod figures made in recent years would be a sales success since the theropods are very dear to children other than those of us who are collectors.

Fortunately, I bought the Collecta paraceratherium online, but I was left without it. The previous one was sticky due to deterioration of the figure and I decided to buy another one in an online store.

I hope that Collecta will make in the future a new and improved reissue of the paraceratherium and that it will be more realistic than its discontinued precedent. That is my dream along with getting an elasmotherium one of my favorite prehistoric mammals.

The tsintaoaurus sincerely I liked its version although inaccurate and I hope they make a Deluxe size or scale 1:40 is one of the dinosaurs Hadrianides favorite hadrosaurids along with the olorotitan for its rarity

Gwangi

Would be really nice if the OP would update the first page of this tread. I'll never understand why people start these threads and then don't follow through on updating them.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on November 25, 2017, 03:25:40 PM
Would be really nice if the OP would update the first page of this tread. I'll never understand why people start these threads and then don't follow through on updating them.

If not the OP, could a mod do this please? I did it last time, but I'm on an ipad at the moment so it is too complicated. Thanks in advance.  C:-)

Silvanusaurus

Sorry but i just have to say it, that new T rex is hilarious. Regardless of scientific integrity, its one of the lamest looking figural renditions of a T rex thats been released in recent years. It looks neither powerful, imposing, alive or aesthetically and visually appealing in any way. So flat and rigid and awkward. It looks like a questionable model at a cheap dinosaur park. The feathers along the back are no better than those on Schleich's raptors.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 25, 2017, 04:08:30 AM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on November 25, 2017, 03:36:26 AM
Wait, so...did adult Tyrannosaurs have feathers or not?  I'm confused.

No one knows 100% it's all speculation.
I just gotta say, I feel the same way about this T. rex as I do about Papo's Therizinosaur.  A few scaley spots on a feathered dinosaur are...okay, but these two dinos look like mostly plucked birds.  A feathered mohawk doesn't look good.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Takama on November 23, 2017, 11:55:54 PM
Well A lot of Crap from CollectAs old days is finally getting axed from Production

Dinosaurs & Prehistoric

Eustreptospondylus - 88060
Dracorex - 88252
Becklespinax -88221
Nigersaurus (delux 1:20) - 88308
Paraceratherium deluxe - 88313
Chasmosaurus - 88316
Megalosaurus  - 88317
Achelousaurus - 88355
Tsingtaosaurus - 88373
Edmontonia - 88388
Rhomaleosaurus - 88440
Bistahieversor - 88676
Spinosaurus swimming - 88738
Feathered Tyranosaurus (deluxe 1:20) - 88717

Sadly, so are a few gems as well :o :'(

The Eustreptospondylus, Dracorex, Becklespinax, Nigersaurus, Megalosaurus, Deluxe Feathered Rex and Tsintaosaurus I'm glad to see go but the Swimming Spino??? I really like that figure, I know a lot of others who like it too, why get rid of it? :(

Sim

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on November 25, 2017, 06:42:09 AM

Strange that in that part of my post you quoted it says "spikes" as I didn't say that.  I went back to my post to check, and as I thought, I said "spines" not "spikes".

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on November 25, 2017, 06:45:39 AM
Quote from: Sim on November 24, 2017, 08:13:14 PM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on November 24, 2017, 08:57:08 AM
Tyrannosaurus: Eh... another one? Did we really need another Tyrannosaurus from CollectA?

Well...  Your forum profile's personal text is: "It looks like we need a feathered Rex"  And now CollectA has made precisely that, a new feathered T. rex.

Must've forgotten to change it, good job pointing out something I typed long before any decent feathered Tyrannosaurus figures were available.

Hehe, I see.  That makes sense.

Zhuchengotyrant

Is that all the dinos that will be released?
-Zhuchengotyrant

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Simon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on November 25, 2017, 08:22:20 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 25, 2017, 04:08:30 AM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on November 25, 2017, 03:36:26 AM
Wait, so...did adult Tyrannosaurs have feathers or not?  I'm confused.

No one knows 100% it's all speculation.
I just gotta say, I feel the same way about this T. rex as I do about Papo's Therizinosaur.  A few scaley spots on a feathered dinosaur are...okay, but these two dinos look like mostly plucked birds.  A feathered mohawk doesn't look good.

I agree.  This TRex is an "in-between" version.  The big feathered TRex is more appealing to me that this one.  This one should have been rendered without any feathers (as there is zero evidence for feathers in a TRex anyhow). That way there would be two different, striking, well-sculpted, choices.

Rendered as it is with a "Mohawk", it is likely to please no one.

Simon

The Mapusaurus and Brontosaurus (man does it feel GOOD to type that name again ^-^) look gorgeous - though the Bronto is rendered in 1/70 scale.

BTW - has anyone commented about the fact that the Brontosaurus appears to have two or three rows of spikes down its tail?  Take a good look at that photo ...

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Simon on November 26, 2017, 01:23:25 AM
The Mapusaurus and Brontosaurus (man does it feel GOOD to type that name again ^-^) look gorgeous - though the Bronto is rendered in 1/70 scale.

BTW - has anyone commented about the fact that the Brontosaurus appears to have two or three rows of spikes down its tail?  Take a good look at that photo ...

Well we don't actually know how the spines were arranged on these dinosaurs, so it's not incorrect per se. Probably not as likely as the classic iguana look, but Collect a is the king of speculation.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Simon on November 26, 2017, 01:23:25 AM

In the ED blog post, there is a quote from Anthony regarding the two rows of spines on the tail, he basically chose to go with the two row of spines like those found in crocodiles instead of the single row that is normally seen. This gives it a new and intlook.
I personally like the double rows.

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on November 25, 2017, 10:08:48 PM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on November 25, 2017, 06:42:09 AM

Strange that in that part of my post you quoted it says "spikes" as I didn't say that.  I went back to my post to check, and as I thought, I said "spines" not "spikes".

I'm not very good at this whole quoting thing sorry :-[, I meant to edit my own response from neck spines to neck spikes.

bmathison1972

I am curious why only the carnivores have movable jaws...herbivores have to eat, too  8) :-X C:-)

Loon

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 26, 2017, 05:29:41 AM
I am curious why only the carnivores have movable jaws...herbivores have to eat, too  8) :-X C:-)
It's more of a design choice, herbivores tend to have "cheeks" that conver the two jaws.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: