News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2018

Started by Mironimus, November 03, 2017, 09:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

The new T. rex is not yet in stock. Crapster.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ITdactyl

staring at my pc for 30 mins... and friendino78's stock of brontosaurus has already been reduced to the last pair? wow...  'just like pancakes....

the temptation is strong.... so strong....

suspsy

I went ahead and ordered the new CollectAs save for the yet-to-be-available T. rex. Huzzah for Minizoo!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on June 14, 2018, 02:00:27 AM
I went ahead and ordered the new CollectAs save for the yet-to-be-available T. rex. Huzzah for Minizoo!
quote]
The T-Rex has been available for the last week or so on eBay from a Korean seller for $32.90 U.S. + shipping, for those interested or who can't wait for it to be available from the regular suppliers.

Shonisaurus

Faced with negative criticism (from my unfair point of view) that is poured on the feathered Tyrannosaurus rex Collecta 2018 is going to be one of the best figures made by this company of prehistoric toy animals and together with ceratosaurus and other figures of the best of the second round of Collecta 2018 and of course of all Collecta and one of the best of the various brands of toy dinosaurs of 2018 in general terms.

I understand that www.minizoo.com.au being a company based in Australia and being a nation relatively close to China (which is the manufacturing area of toy dinosaurs like Collecta among others) fortunately receives news of dinosaurs before other online stores of the West on a global level.

Jose S.M.

If anyone is still missing these  Dejankins has the first wave in stock (Iguanodon, Mapusaurus, Sciurumimus and Mantellisaurus), I already ordered the Iguanodon ^-^

Shonisaurus

The video of ceratosaurus Collecta has just been published:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w2uSju7n9c

The video is from Andy's the dinosaur Review. For me it is the best theropod done so far.

Flaffy

Such a shame CollectA seems to be fixated on giving their prehistoric creatures horrible and awkward paintjobs.
Especially the dimetrodon and estemmenosuchus. The green they used just doesn't look appealing on both of them

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 22, 2018, 03:37:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w2uSju7n9c

The video is from Andy's the dinosaur Review. For me it is the best theropod done so far.

Too much clown makeup going on. Great piece for custom commission!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Flaffy on June 22, 2018, 04:40:40 PM
Such a shame CollectA seems to be fixated on giving their prehistoric creatures horrible and awkward paintjobs.
Especially the dimetrodon and estemmenosuchus. The green they used just doesn't look appealing on both of them

Def picking up the Estemmenosuchus as there are not too many viable options. It's a shame with the color. It's "Carnegie lime".

Gwangi

I'm in love with that Ceratosaurus, a must have. Might be the best representation so far, certainly better than the Papo IMO. The Mapusaurus and Brontosaurus are on my list as well but as excited as I want to be for the Estemmenosuchus, I'm not. Not sure why.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 22, 2018, 04:51:50 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 22, 2018, 03:37:25 PM

Too much clown makeup going on. Great piece for custom commission!

Totally agree with you tanystropheus with respect to war paintings. The figure would be much brighter (for me it is) for collectors without that war paint. In my case it is the best theropod made by the Collecta brand, perhaps it is superior to the feathered tyrannosaurus rex of Collecta 2018 in terms of quality and precision.

The same comparison in terms of paintings with avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy, I understand. Maybe in this Collecta would have to change, I would have to hire painters of figures like Martin Garratt. Although it is the best figure of Collecta and perhaps of any mark of toys the dimorphodon of Collecta, with the touch of painting of Martin Garratt the figure takes another more dramatic and realistic form I pass the link of urzeitshop.de,

https://www.urzeitshop.de/de/sonder-anfertigungen/3213-dimorphodon-von-collecta.html?search_query=dimorphodon&results=12

Perhaps the ceratosaurus, estemmenosuchus and dimetrodon would not be so criticized by the members of the forum although I must say that they are of the three favorite figures of the second set of figures of Collecta 2018 along with the feathered tyrannosaurus rex.

That should look Collecta for a painting in some more appropriate figure and give a more dramatic and attractive to his figures of dinosaurs.

Anyway, I repeat for me the ceratosaurus, dimetrodon and estemmenosuchos are for me awesome.

Minmiminime

It's such a beautiful sculpt, without a doubt the best Ceratosaurus model in terms of accuracy, but that paintwork, aaaargh!! 😵 I've noticed a lot of CollectA models are peculiarly either too wide, or too narrow...I think this falls into the latter category, but it gets away with it!

I will have to repaint this one or it'll just annoy me every time I look at it :o

EDIT: I will also have to customise the upper teeth, for sure. What an annoying concession to safety they are! The prototype had much more realistic teeth
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Neosodon

The yellow horn looks good. If just the white and red patch were mostly painted over black it would look allot better.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Shonisaurus

Shonisaurus

Latest news from Collecta 2018 at everythingdinosaur,

At www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk the second wave of news from Collecta 2018 (estemmenosuchus, dimetrodon, gomphoterium, and ceratosaurus) is now available. I give you the links:

Dimetrodon Collecta:

https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/collecta-deluxe-dimetrodon/

Estemmenosuchus Collecta:

https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/collecta-deluxe-estemmenosuchus/

Gomphoterium Collecta:

https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/collecta-deluxe-gomphotherium/

Ceratosaurus Collecta:

https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/collecta-deluxe-ceratosaurus/

The brontosaurus and the feathered tyrannosaurus rex Collecta 2018 are not yet available.

Minmiminime

Thanks, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus 😁 I'm really going to have to pace myself this year!! So many great models
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Last news:

The prehistoric animals of Collecta 2018 second part of the figures are already available, at www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk they are the gomphotherium, ceratosaurus, dimetrodon and estemmenosuchus. I give you the message of the news:

"New CollectA Deluxe Models
The 1.20 scale Permian prehistoric animal models Dimetrodon and Estemmenosuchus are now in stock at Everything Dinosaur, along with the 1:40 scale Ceratosaurus and the 1:20 scale Gomphotherium figure.

Flaffy

Managed to get the Estemmenosuchus!  :))
Finally my poor JP Estemmenosuchus that's been alone for all these years will have some company.

While I can't say this is the best representation of the animal, CollectA deciding to make this creature at all is definitely worthy of credit.

Now to criticisms:

1: I don't like how smooth it is. It's frustrating how CollectA is able to sculpt amazing and realistic skin texturing to relatively smooth skinned animals, like their new 2018 Hippo; yet fail to do so on their prehistoric creatures.

2: The lipless mouth and exposed teeth are jarring. Why bother giving it an articulated mouth but not allowing it to to close properly? (The ceratosaurus and dimetrodon have similar issues.) I can get behind the large canines being exposed, but the front teeth should've been concealed, the exposed teeth makes the estemmenosuchus look like it's attempting an awkward smile.

3: Again the colours. They're HORRIBLE. I don't get the obsession CollectA has with putting the worst colours and patterning on their prehistoric figures. The application is really sloppy, especially with the teeth, claws and eye. Why couldn't they have just put on some more naturalistic colours? Just... why?

4: Just a minor nitpick, the pose is quite boring and mildly awkward. Would've preferred if it was walking, or doing anything for that matter. But this is definitely one of the more minor issues with this model. 

Now that CollectA has went all out an given is an Estemmenosuchus, maybe Safari will consider making one as well?   ::)

RobinGoodfellow

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy  : I have that figure now and I totally agree with you..  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: