News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PAPO V.S REBOR

Started by Khanosaurus, November 14, 2017, 07:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAPO V.S REBOR

Rebor
5 (14.3%)
Papo
30 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Khanosaurus

When it comes down to displayablitiy, detail, sculptwork and paint job; which company do you guys prefer?

Minmiminime

Ooh, tricky! I mostly prefer the detail and dynamism of the Papo models, but in my very mixed display cabinet the Rebor King Tyrant and Acrocanthosaurus dioramas attract the most appreciation from friends and family, and the funny little hatching JP 'raptors went down very well with colleagues
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Rain

Rebor has better detail and far better paint jobs. They're also more displayable since they don't have any seams aside from the ones near articulated parts. I still prefer Papo though, they're not as high quality but you can pick up 2 or more for the price of what a single Rebor figure would cost.

Shonisaurus

Rebor is more expensive going to a more select group. However, all the figures up to the dinosaur nests come with removable pieces, which I dislike. It is in theory a company intended for a more adult audience but their figures are too articulated, jaws, arms, removable base which makes them very difficult to place on a shelf. There are very good figures such as the carnotaurus but I would have preferred that it had no removable base, no articulated and removable arms! and articulated jaw.

Papo is cheaper, his figures are as hyperrealistic as Rebor but they do not have the same quality when it comes to avoiding abrasions and their jaws are weaker. The positive is that they are cheaper and are not overly articulated (now they unfortunately do herbivorous dinosaurs with mobile jaws that I disapprove of, but I think Papo is going to tow Rebor, regardless of whether Papo was one of the first serious toy companies to inaugurate for my misfortune that type of jaws and that has been extended to other companies, and I say this with all the respect in the world for those members of the forum who do not think like I. As I always point out, it is a questionable opinion, as is logical.

Regardless of its philosophy based on Jurassic Park dinosaurs both are good companies but in this case I prefer the quality of Rebor are more finished figures and although they are not scientific as it happens with Papo they stand out for not having seams and because they have made prehistoric animals such as dimorphodon Rebor couple, which has made me fall in love with these figures.

But sincerely, Papo is cheaper and does not have as many demountable parts. What I know from visiting facebook pages that both companies get along very well with each other. In fact Rebor always puts images of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Papo, they have similar philosophy but they do not stop being adorable companies on all the public so much collector but mainly to the followers of Jurassic Park are of congratulations both figures are based on these films.

tyrantqueen

I don't really care for either. I'm not into movie monsters.

But the first figure I ever got when I became interested in serious dinosaur toy collecting was the Papo green rex. Therefore I have a small soft spot for Papo.

Also not a fan of how Rebor conduct themselves on Facebook and other places...

tanystropheus

Movie monsters?

Again with this!! Why tyrantqueen, why!? ;D

suspsy

Papo wins by virtue of the fact that none of their employees ever stooped to belittling other companies or anyone who criticizes them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

Movie monsters?

Again with this!! Why tyrantqueen, why!?

I'll give you that Papo is moving away from movie monsters.

But this is a movie monster in all but name

Arguably both companies engage in borderline IP theft, but that's an argument for another day.

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 14, 2017, 11:17:26 PM
Movie monsters?

Again with this!! Why tyrantqueen, why!?

I'll give you that Papo is moving away from movie monsters.

But this is a movie monster in all but name

Arguably both companies engage in borderline IP theft, but that's an argument for another day.

I would not say that 100% for Papo.    Have you seen there Dimorphodon yet?   ITs a Rip off of the one from Jurassic World (though the Colors are more original)

But yes, if i had to choose between Papo and Rebor, Papo gets the vote because they are cheaper, and dont have a bunch of extra things to jack up the price. Plus they are not a bunch of Crybabys when people criticize there work.

tyrantqueen

I just realised I didn't answer the OP's question correctly. Here is how I see it.

QuoteWhen it comes down to displayablitiy, detail, sculptwork and paint job; which company do you guys prefer?

Displayability: Rebor tends to include bases and little extras with their figures (like parts of a herbivore corpse). So I'll have to give it to them.
Detail: Pretty equal
Sculptwork: Isn't that the same as detail? I have to say I like the Papo sculpt work a bit better, just in terms of preference
Paintjob: I think Rebor might win by a whisker, since their paint tends to be more vibrant and detailed.

But as I said earlier, I have no dog in this fight since I don't care for either company.

Halichoeres

Given the option, I usually choose money in my wallet. But I generally buy one to two products from each company per year. I'd say that makes them about equal.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

This is a tough one.

Overall, I would go with Papo because their models are simpler and more elegant than REBOR. REBOR gives the impression that they are trying too hard.
However, in terms of production values, REBOR wins. REBOR is basically the Michael Bay of dinosaur models.

acro-man

Musclebro VS Awesomebro

Doesn't make a difference who wins.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Khanosaurus on November 14, 2017, 07:48:37 PM
When it comes down to displayablitiy, detail, sculptwork and paint job; which company do you guys prefer?

Both companies create figures not so accurate but highly spectacular to viewer  ;)
About that, Rebor is way better than Papo at all (detail, sculpt, paint, look); but also more expensive.

P.S I'm totally not interested in the "Rebor's Facebook comments thing" ... I'm only talking about models .

Mirroraptor

I have no interest in their "correctness", but most PAPO figures-both in the past and in the present-is more reliable in anatomy than REBOR's.
REBOR's dinosaur figure itself is just a bad imitator of PAPO. They know they can't beat potential rivals on model sculpting itself, so they tried to use gorgeous packaging, heavy material and bonus diorama to attract customers who have little need for sculpting or correctness on dinosaur figure but just need a magnificent gift or a artware.
PAPO and REBOR-They have different customer groups, different market positioning, different management idea, also different artistic aesthetic ability. These differences make their products different. That's all-I don't want to evaluate them who is better, because they are different in essence.

Shonisaurus

I sincerely stay with Papo. At least their figures are much less articulated than Rebor's figures and they do not have removable members like arms.

The more static a figure is, the more I value it and that is the case of Papo versus Rebor.

Apart from that, the figures of Papo are more economically affordable. That also I value it a lot and I say it without despising the followers of Rebor.

On the other hand Papo has made some scientifically correct figures although they were based on Sideshow which does not happen in the figures of Rebor (although at least this company is recognizing and is a point in their favor).  :)

Nanuqsaurus

It's pretty simple for me. Papo is a hit or miss company, they make a lot of awesomebro JP rip-offs, but when they make a good figure, it's great. Rebor is just always a miss.

Rain

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on November 30, 2017, 04:01:39 PM
It's pretty simple for me. Papo is a hit or miss company, they make a lot of awesomebro JP rip-offs, but when they make a good figure, it's great. Rebor is just always a miss.

You really feel that way? I thought their Acrocanthosaurus, Ceratosaurus and Dimorphodon were quite nice and so did quite a few other people on this forum, seemingly. I'd agree with you in regards to most of their other figures, though.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Rain on November 30, 2017, 04:30:31 PM
Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on November 30, 2017, 04:01:39 PM

You really feel that way? I thought their Acrocanthosaurus, Ceratosaurus and Dimorphodon were quite nice and so did quite a few other people on this forum, seemingly. I'd agree with you in regards to most of their other figures, though.

Well, those are okay, but it's still a very overpriced brand (although Papo also seems to be heading in that direction sadly). It also appears that Rebor is becoming more and more awesomebro with every release.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 15, 2017, 12:18:48 AM
Given the option, I usually choose money in my wallet. But I generally buy one to two products from each company per year. I'd say that makes them about equal.

I take it back. Rebor releases more pieces per year, so Papo wins if I'm buying equal numbers.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: