News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D

Started by Balaur, July 19, 2012, 02:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

Quote from: Ikessauro on September 19, 2012, 02:28:58 AM
A really good thing would be a whole new series, with new locations and new critters, everything done in WWD quality (including real models, not just CGI). Doesn't matter if it's 3D or not.

But a movie special is a good start. I think being a movie it can be longer and give us a deeper look into one specific environment, which a lot more species and events. Better yet would be if it does get a lot of attention, thus bringing chances of a sequel on another locale.

Regarding the info we got on this, I'd say it's got potential, but I'm not gonna expect too much. It's got the WWD tag on it? Better be really good! Oh, before I forget it, I have to say that all that North American Cretaceous stuff is getting a bit overused on dino shows. I now it's not 65 million years ago, but anyway.

I agree. On both things. MORE OF JURASSIC PORTUGAL!!  ;D

Balaur

Will this film feature Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus? Can't we have 1 tyrannosaur or will the villan be the Quetzalcoatlus and giant Troodon? (If this is set in Alaska it is possible that Troodon will be the giant one up-north eh?) (no offense to Canadians, I had the urge to put that in)

Also, it has been stated that the film was inspired by the recent findings in paleontology. So I'm pretty sure Troodon will be the best (always behind Dino Revs Troodon) ever seen on film. I hope it's fluid animation and the primaries will be on the second finger. Primaries and secondsries crossed. :)

DinoToyForum

This seems to be the movie logo:

Ikessauro

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Ikessauro on March 17, 2013, 04:40:25 AM
Have you guys seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/embed/5fTzEjvnTp4
I've seen those models around the net before- they're not WWD dinos.

Ikessauro

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 17, 2013, 04:43:32 AM
Quote from: Ikessauro on March 17, 2013, 04:40:25 AM
Have you guys seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/embed/5fTzEjvnTp4
I've seen those models around the net before- they're not WWD dinos.

That I know, but isn't interesting that they decided to released stuff for PS3? Maybe the dinosaurs on the trailer are just for show, and they'll use ones from the movie in the game final version.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Gwangi

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on March 18, 2013, 08:12:18 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 18, 2013, 08:01:36 PM
Looks like we might have talking dinosaurs...

http://screenterrier.blogspot.com/2013/01/charlie-rowe-stars-in-walking-with.html

Bummer. My excitement for this film just dropped tremendously.

Kinda what I was thinking. Unless he's in the film as a kid sidekick to the dino..kinda odd and not much better..or he will just narrate what his dino is doing...not as bad. But t did say " filming " in one article..maybe they are using motion capture suits or even practical ones.  :?

scallenger

I think it does mean it's more of a kid with a sidekick dino. I mean it's called walking with dinosaurs, not walking as dinosaurs. So you would think it would be about how a boy ends up walking with them, back in their time. And I guess in the plot his father has somehow done it before. The article also said he just finished filming in New Zealand, not having just done voicework for the dinosaur he is playing. Otherwise, why would he have to go out there to do voicework when it is only done in a booth? And I seriously doubt he would be needed for any kind of motion capture, lol. That's my guess. I can't imagine them going with a Disney's Dinosaur route, only because... it's already been done for the big screen. Why do it again?
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: scallenger on March 19, 2013, 04:40:21 PM
I think it does mean it's more of a kid with a sidekick dino. I mean it's called walking with dinosaurs, not walking as dinosaurs. So you would think it would be about how a boy ends up walking with them, back in their time. And I guess in the plot his father has somehow done it before. The article also said he just finished filming in New Zealand, not having just done voicework for the dinosaur he is playing. Otherwise, why would he have to go out there to do voicework when it is only done in a booth? And I seriously doubt he would be needed for any kind of motion capture, lol. That's my guess. I can't imagine them going with a Disney's Dinosaur route, only because... it's already been done for the big screen. Why do it again?

The only thing that had me guessing is that WWD never used people before..unless it was the Nigel Marvin dino shows.

scallenger

True, although the game shown and mentioned in this thread may also further show that they want to try to put people into the world of the dinosaurs. It's something I think appeals to them to also show the scale of the dinosaurs. It was hard for them to do in the documentary series, which they mentioned I think. But this way it can show kids/adults just how large these creatures really were (hopefully with accuracy in this film).

It's still a bit disappointing for me, honestly. I was hoping the film would have basically the same format, with a narrator. But it seems like they are dropping that for a more interactive approach having actors within the dinosaur world. I'm trying to imagine how it will play out, and just how educational it will really be, or if they are trying to amp it up with action or something.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's a good point. They feel the need to raise the bar so to speak to keep it impressive to a new generation.

I'm also starting to wonder if this will be like an IMAX only deal..one of the prehistoric films like they show only longer.

If this kid goes back in time it might feel like T-Rex : back to the Cretaceous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psec9OCBCa0

scallenger

Haha, I remember that movie! I actually may have been one of the few who actually liked that film. Yeah, it displays not as much dinosaurs as one would want, but I thought it was a fairly "trippy" film with an interesting story told in a fun way. The SFX are VERY dated now, but I remember at the time it was impressive for just an IMAX film (which were also much rarer back then, before they started even showing regular feature films in them). It also, for those who care, had a very impressive musical score that I thought was one of the best things about it. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

It wasn't too bad..I saw it myself at the Dinosaur Walk Museum in Pigeon Forge, TN a few years ago.  My first IMAX film was Into the Deep..which I saw three times..wish they'd had this one then.

Balaur

Why go for people interacting with the dinosaurs, it's not that much more educational. Just go with what Walking with Dinosaurs was and not make it seem like a big joke with people traveling back in time to the audience. I am severely disappointed with this film. I will go see it though because, it might end up good, but I highly doubt it, and right now, it's not looking good for the film.

DinoToyForum

I'd prefer a documentary style without humans too - like the original series. If such a style would work as a feature length film...

Himmapaan

Balaur

That is really promising. I cannot wait to see this movie now. My hopes have been brought up slightly more. Can't wait!

Blade-of-the-Moon

It did sound interesting..much moreso than before. Then they brought up the humans again.  I can't really see where they fit..unless maybe there is a side story like in some IMAX dino films..the two human brothers are looking for fossils and we get the dinosaurs visuals to show what happened finally leading up to the kids finding a fossil that shows the end scene of the dinosaur bit ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: