News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D

Started by Balaur, July 19, 2012, 02:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 28, 2013, 02:38:34 AM
Your image isn't showing up..I assume it's something quite large and impressive ?  :)

It is, but I can't find other pics of it online (though I reckon you'll see this one in theaters soon). I don't know why you can't see the pic, it works fine for me.  :-\

Oh well, it's basically the poster, except huge, three-dimensional and excessively expensive. Hopefully I can take it home when the movie has run its course. :)

BTW, someone started a petition to get the voices removed. Probably won't work, but you never know:

https://www.change.org/petitions/20th-century-fox-keep-walking-with-dinosaurs-educational#share

tyrantqueen

I don't see anything either...I couldn't figure out what your post was trying to say without that context, to be honest :-[

And LOL at those people who made a petition.

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 28, 2013, 04:00:38 PM
I don't see anything either...I couldn't figure out what your post was trying to say without that context, to be honest :-[

And LOL at those people who made a petition.

Uploaded the pic to my Photobucket account, can you see it now?:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..1500 for that ? Is it animated ?

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 28, 2013, 07:39:59 PM

Not sure. Doesn't look like it. I think it's just hideously expensive. Tomorrow I'll know for sure, if all goes as planned.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: FUTABA on September 28, 2013, 10:45:26 AM
Just saw the new trailer on FB and my worst fears have been confirmed. :( Watching it sent chills up my spine, just not in the way they intended. I'll still watch it when it comes out but may have to re-watch March of the Dinosaurs afterwards to counter the effects. I just hope to whatever deity comes to mind first that it will be better than Speckles. It reaks so bad of it seeing the trailer gave me flashbacks.

Horrible, horrible flashbacks.

I just watched the new trailer too, and had a similar reaction. I found myself involuntarily turning my nose up. It is just horrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqW5wnKiPzM

If the actual film has the same tone, I may struggle to sit through it.  I agree with the sentiments that this has more in common with Disney's Dinosaur than WWD. Walking with Dinosaurs - I don't think so. The title doesn't even make sense for a feature like this! arg!

At least when it comes out on DVD we can turn the sound off and play the WWD soundtrack instead ;) If I get it on DVD, I probably will not.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on September 29, 2013, 01:26:01 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 28, 2013, 07:39:59 PM

Not sure. Doesn't look like it. I think it's just hideously expensive. Tomorrow I'll know for sure, if all goes as planned.

I figured maybe the eye looks around and it has sfx.  Hmm..maybe it's just HUGE. Trying to give the viewer the feeling their as small as the hero.

scallenger

I still REALLY hope they consider an effects/music only track for the BluRay/DVD.

Like I said before, it's the only thing that could save this now...
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

CityRaptor

Well, that was bad.  Beautiful movie, but horrible narration.  Really hope they make a non-voice version.
What sets it aside from Disneysaur is that the Dinosaurs are still realistic looking instead of horse-faced mutants with monkey-sidekicks. I also consider it the lesser evil compared to the upcoming Pixarsaur.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

FUTABA

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 29, 2013, 03:18:06 PM
Quote from: FUTABA on September 28, 2013, 10:45:26 AM
Just saw the new trailer on FB and my worst fears have been confirmed. :( Watching it sent chills up my spine, just not in the way they intended. I'll still watch it when it comes out but may have to re-watch March of the Dinosaurs afterwards to counter the effects. I just hope to whatever deity comes to mind first that it will be better than Speckles. It reaks so bad of it seeing the trailer gave me flashbacks.

Horrible, horrible flashbacks.

I just watched the new trailer too, and had a similar reaction. I found myself involuntarily turning my nose up. It is just horrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqW5wnKiPzM

If the actual film has the same tone, I may struggle to sit through it.  I agree with the sentiments that this has more in common with Disney's Dinosaur than WWD. Walking with Dinosaurs - I don't think so. The title doesn't even make sense for a feature like this! arg!

At least when it comes out on DVD we can turn the sound off and play the WWD soundtrack instead ;) If I get it on DVD, I probably will not.

:)) Too true!

On a sidenote, another recent movie with a thoroughly ill fitting name is Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. It only works with the storyline of the first one. Anyways....
I really really like blue things.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I didn't like that title on the first one either...not enough like the book in style and feel for me.

Balaur

You know, in the beginning, I was excited, because of the prospect of a remake of Walking with Dinosaurs. To fix any errors made in the series. However, I changed my mind, and I'll be okay without a remake. Still, when I learned it was a one story movie, I thought that it could really go in depth into the environment, and show really how their world was like.

THen, the first trailer was released. It looked a LITTLE anthropromorphised, not too much, just with the whites of the eyes. And it had nothing in common except dinosaurs. Trailer by trailer my expectations went lower. Now they where lower than ever before. I hate the voice of baby Patchi. If we are supposed to love him from a tiny baby, at least get a less annoying voice, that doesn't sound likes its congested. I think that it won't be as bad as Speckles. In Speckles, there where very unaccurate unfeathered Velociraptors, a time traveling immortal Tyrannosaurus, and dinosaurs falling over cliffs every five minutes. And impluasible scenes such as Speckles and the Tyrannosaurus falling into the ocean, AND SURVIVING!!!???? REALLY!!!????

At least this Walking with Dinosaurs Movie is grounded in realism, there doesn't seem to be any impossible big epic fights of the Gods, and so far no pronated hands, mostly accurate feathered dinosaurs (Troodon is fine, Hesperonychus, jeez.....), and also it looks much better visually than Speckles was. Speckles had top notch state-of-the-art crap animation (or crapanimation) and crap CGI. Walking with Dinosaurs 3D looks wonderful visually. I hate to have really visually incredible movies be ruined by audio.

I will see this movie, but with low expectations, like scallenger.

Quote from: krentz on September 27, 2013, 06:19:02 AM
And there it is.

Yep. I feel sorry for you! You worked so hard on the creatures, and to be ruined by this. They don't talk, but really, litterally all they need to do is just add moving lips and that's it.

I am wondering, for sure the protagonists will "talk", but will Gorgon talk? For stay silent like Sharptooth in Land Before Time?

Hermes888

Quote from: Balaur on September 29, 2013, 09:13:10 PMI think that it won't be as bad as Speckles. In Speckles, there where very unaccurate unfeathered Velociraptors, a time traveling immortal Tyrannosaurus, and dinosaurs falling over cliffs every five minutes. And impluasible scenes such as Speckles and the Tyrannosaurus falling into the ocean, AND SURVIVING!!!???? REALLY!!!????
Not to mention the Velociraptors had a death wish, as tons of them swarmed a healthy adult Tarbosaurus even while there were two fresh carcasses of dinosaurs they literally just killed.
And what was with One-Eye anyway? Why did he just want to ruin Speckles' life? There seemed to be no purpose to any of his actions, which included forcing tons of dinosaurs off of cliffs just because he was the villain.

I'm kind of nervous by the naming of Gorgon, I don't want to see carnivores portrayed as evil killing machines with the sole purpose of taking life.
I'm expecting the worst, but hey, at least the dinosaurs look good. Wouldn't mind getting a few figures from the film.

CityRaptor

If he stays silent, it will be the same cliche again, yet it would make him the best character in the movie.

Also, wouldn't the "Evil Carnivore" thing be averted with Alex?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Balaur

I don't think so. Alex is an Alexornis who lives in a semi-symbiotic relationship with the Pachyrhinosaurus. He narrates the story.

SpartanSquat

It could be possible that Gorgon will speak. He have a big family as his bio said in the website. I think in this movie there are no villains or heroes. All have their roles. In my opinion Gorgon and his family will suffer more tha patchi herd. I mean: Gorgon probably have more females and the babies of that females. He need to feed that babies. And they risk to lost in a fight against a Pachyrhinosaurs.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Balaur on September 29, 2013, 09:13:10 PM
You know, in the beginning, I was excited, because of the prospect of a remake of Walking with Dinosaurs. To fix any errors made in the series. However, I changed my mind, and I'll be okay without a remake. Still, when I learned it was a one story movie, I thought that it could really go in depth into the environment, and show really how their world was like.

THen, the first trailer was released. It looked a LITTLE anthropromorphised, not too much, just with the whites of the eyes. And it had nothing in common except dinosaurs. Trailer by trailer my expectations went lower. Now they where lower than ever before. I hate the voice of baby Patchi. If we are supposed to love him from a tiny baby, at least get a less annoying voice, that doesn't sound likes its congested. I think that it won't be as bad as Speckles. In Speckles, there where very unaccurate unfeathered Velociraptors, a time traveling immortal Tyrannosaurus, and dinosaurs falling over cliffs every five minutes. And impluasible scenes such as Speckles and the Tyrannosaurus falling into the ocean, AND SURVIVING!!!???? REALLY!!!????

At least this Walking with Dinosaurs Movie is grounded in realism, there doesn't seem to be any impossible big epic fights of the Gods, and so far no pronated hands, mostly accurate feathered dinosaurs (Troodon is fine, Hesperonychus, jeez.....), and also it looks much better visually than Speckles was. Speckles had top notch state-of-the-art crap animation (or crapanimation) and crap CGI. Walking with Dinosaurs 3D looks wonderful visually. I hate to have really visually incredible movies be ruined by audio.

I will see this movie, but with low expectations, like scallenger.

Quote from: krentz on September 27, 2013, 06:19:02 AM
And there it is.

Yep. I feel sorry for you! You worked so hard on the creatures, and to be ruined by this. They don't talk, but really, litterally all they need to do is just add moving lips and that's it.

I am wondering, for sure the protagonists will "talk", but will Gorgon talk? For stay silent like Sharptooth in Land Before Time?

Well said, Balaur. I also was more than disappointed with Speckles. I, however, am taking a bit more of an optimistic approach to WWD and hope to be in the theater when it comes out.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

I'm reminded of two films when I watch this trailer- Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron and Disney's Dinosaur. Neither of those films were financial successes (although they have a cult following).

I wouldn't have minded too much it was some random guy doing the narration, like Kenneth Branaugh or David Attenborough. I don't like the fact that they are using voiceovers for the main characters themselves. Do they think the audience is too dumb to figure things out without a voice over?

I'm not very hyped for this film to be honest. I am more excited for The Good Dinosaur and Jurassic Park IV, which I believe will be better (the former especially, being a Pixar film :) )

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 30, 2013, 06:00:10 AM
I'm reminded of two films when I watch this trailer- Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron and Disney's Dinosaur. Neither of those films were financial successes (although they have a cult following).

I wouldn't have minded too much it was some random guy doing the narration, like Kenneth Branaugh or David Attenborough. I don't like the fact that they are using voiceovers for the main characters themselves. Do they think the audience is too dumb to figure things out without a voice over?

I'm not very hyped for this film to be honest. I am more excited for The Good Dinosaur and Jurassic Park IV, which I believe will be better (the former especially, being a Pixar film :) )

I also felt the voice of Spirit when I watched the trailer. However, I am really not excited when it comes to The Good Dinosaur; it has the potential to be a gigantic flop. Jurassic World, however, is a different matter entirely.....
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on September 30, 2013, 07:40:01 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 30, 2013, 06:00:10 AM

I also felt the voice of Spirit when I watched the trailer. However, I am really not excited when it comes to The Good Dinosaur; it has the potential to be a gigantic flop. Jurassic World, however, is a different matter entirely.....
May I ask....how? We haven't even seen a trailer for it. It's a Pixar film, and has more potential to be really good than a flop :) If any film is going to be a flop, it's WWD. Besides, Pixar is a popular brand name. Most people would watch it in cinemas because of that. If we're talking about potential here, wouldn't it be appropriate to say that WWD has the potential to be Speckles the Tarbosaurus But With a Bigger Budget (TM)?

I think it's funny how these two films (WWD and TGD) are sort of opposites of each other. WWD has more realistic dinos, but the story is laughable. TGD has more of a stylised art style (which will probably end up being attractive in its own way) but focuses more on story. I suppose it boils down to what each particular person prefers in a movie. I personally choose story development and character interaction over beautiful visuals.

I think it's unfair how people have bashed on The Good Dinosaur already when we haven't even seen a trailer.

Sorry, it just annoys me ::)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: