News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D

Started by Balaur, July 19, 2012, 02:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

Despite what I said earlier, I have downloaded the Patchi's Great Adventure and The Great Migration onto my iPad for Kindle, to get a glimpse of what the move will be like. WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE.

So in Patchi's Great Adventure, it has been four weeks since the Pachy's have hatched and Patchi finds a piece of food on the rim, but doesn't notice a clever Troodon watching him, who then grabs him and runs around until he encounters Bulldust and throws him over into the forest. He follows an adult dinosaur thinking it's his mother, but gets tired and stops to stare a shiny blue dragonfly. He chases it and snaps at it, only for an Alphadon to catch it. He then chases the Alphadon, encounters an Edmontonia gets scared of it, nearly becomes roadkill and runs out of the darkest part of the forest to the shore of a blue lagoon, and spots thousnads of, hadrosaurs, ankylosaurs, and other dinosaurs. However, he is spotted by a pack of Hesperonychus surrounding the Alphadon, who is playing dead and runs off (nod to the opposums). The Hesperonychus chases Patchi back to the forest where his mother scoops him up into her mouth and carries him back to his nest.

Kind of a predictable story, but I just can't imagine the voices now. Ugh. The pictures are at least nice to look at.

SpartanSquat

New japanese trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oij4Jly334s
David Krentz showing how to drawn Patchi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY6CZYNaDY4

Balaur

Yeah, I saw that Krenzt video, but the new trailer is... Wel... New to me! I am going to see this film, but with low expectations, and earplugs, as I said in the second blog post. I'll post about this trailer after school is over. (Possibly)

tyrantqueen

Oh, I forgot to mention this: I went to see Thor in October and I saw a short promotion for WWD 3D. Pretty cool.

Balaur

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 14, 2013, 05:34:25 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention this: I went to see Thor in October and I saw a short promotion for WWD 3D. Pretty cool.

Cool. Did it look better than the trailers on the computer screen?

Roselaar

Assembled this baby at work the other day:

If it wasn't for the fact this film will feature talking dinosaurs, I'd be superstoked about it... But at least the standee is awesome. :)

DinoToyForum

Nice! Do you get to take it home when it is no longer needed? You could save it from the skip :)

Roselaar

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 15, 2013, 11:12:47 PM
Nice! Do you get to take it home when it is no longer needed? You could save it from the skip :)

Probably, but where in heck am I gonna store it?! I've already got a big JP standee lying disassembled under my bed... ::)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would be cool to edit up and use in our gift shop or something for a photo op. :)

SpartanSquat

Balaur

Blade-of-the-Moon

SBell

Okay, so apparently voice actors were cast for the principal characters? Is this true? And is it a bad sign (last one needs no answer, it's yes, if true).

Because Disney's Dinosaur is so well loved?

Balaur

Quote from: SBell on November 20, 2013, 10:31:49 PM
Okay, so apparently voice actors were cast for the principal characters? Is this true? And is it a bad sign (last one needs no answer, it's yes, if true).

Yes. I just can't find myself to find the voices helpful. I really cannot wait to see this with earplugs. And there better be an option on the DVD to turn off the sounds. Probably not though. Ugh, what have they done to my childhood?!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Balaur on November 20, 2013, 11:39:14 PM
Quote from: SBell on November 20, 2013, 10:31:49 PM

Yes. I just can't find myself to find the voices helpful. I really cannot wait to see this with earplugs. And there better be an option on the DVD to turn off the sounds. Probably not though. Ugh, what have they done to my childhood?!
I find the human voices to be really jarring with the animal like behaviour of the dinosaurs. It's not so bad in Disney's Dinosaur, because they are anthropomorphised to a certain extent....here's it's just weird. But then again I don't like films like, for example, Homeward Bound, they just feel so fake to me. I think it would have been better if they had given them moving mouths, and go the pure fantasy route rather than trying to awkwardly mesh the two together.

SpartanSquat

Krentz showing us how to drawn a Troodon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTXbbHtJPfk
Another featurette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMTUey4KHoo
New german trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptsZvoTwT8I

I love quetzalcoatlus trio!

Balaur

I remember that Scott Hartman said the production team was trying to find ways to make the animals express emotions without them talking. Look at what we have now.

Anyways, all three videos are cool, and I love the Quetzalcoatlus trio. :)

ITdactyl

... trying to remember where I read that dinos might not be capable of such "eye movement"...

but yeah, the quetz trio was funny... hopefully the one that gets eaten by the super gorgo isn't one of the trio. heh.

on a sidenote, this might cause those who expect a dino nature docu to hate this film more.

Balaur

Okay, so, I officially am more disappointed with this movie than ever before. The more I think about it, the more I don't care for it. While the Quetzalcoatlus trio look great, I am so disappointed. At this point I will be able to predict pretty 95% or more of what will happen in the movie, and will now have to deal with voices that are meshed awkwardly with their animal behaviour.

Believe it or not, I am having a nostalgic moment watching the first trailer. It was a time that made me so excited. So freaking happy. There where no narrators, no voices, just the image of dinosaurs roaming a world separated by 70 million years of time, living as they once where. It may not have been the real Walking with Dinosaurs, but it was incredible. I was so happy, not waiting a moment to see how these animals once dominated the planet.

Now, I don't even think the children will take is seriously. I may be wrong, but I just can't help and think that they won't believe that these animals lived together, or anything is accurate at all. To me, it has become way to cheesy. I am actually feeling really sad right now. They had a chance to do something different, something bold, new, and unique. Instead, we have the same movie, same plot as Dinosaur, and the only difference being we hear their thoughts and we have different animals. You don't need to attract children to make money. It's Dinosaurs. They will be excited to see them, but people like us will also be seeing it in larger flocks to see it if it where not narrated. Now, they are contributing to a somewhat downfall. I don't know why they didn't just go without voices, or for that matter a documentary style. I just need to sleep, wake up, drink a cup of coffee, and just relax now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol the Quetz's are neat moment there.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: