News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D

Started by Balaur, July 19, 2012, 02:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Been so busy I haven't bothered to see it yet..I'll probably wait for the dvd version.

docronnie

Our youngest daughter enjoyed the movie, but not much with the rest of us. It's not worth watching on the big screen, in our opinion.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Balaur

The soundtrack to the movie in on iTunes now, but not the stupid pop songs, the actusl soundtrack. Some of them are actually really good.

scallenger

I was able to take a listen to the music score actually, and it actually isn't bad. The overall tone is a bit goofier I guess than I wanted it to sound (especially compared to the amazing score for the miniseries... or even the live show). But it certainly has some highlights, though nothing really stuck with me.

Should also note that the BluRay 2D and 3D release has been announced to come out on March 25. Beyond the two separate releases, and covers for each, no details on bonus features have been revealed yet.
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Jetoar on December 31, 2013, 11:26:41 AM
Yesterday I watched the movie, I think that it is very educational for a children with the names and explains ^-^.

Names? They called Edmontonia "ankylosaur", and Quetzalcoatlus "pterosaur". Wouldn't that be like having a nature show and calling the giraffes "giraffoid" or the lions "felid". How are kids support to know about dinosaur (and pterosaur) types if they don't even know the genus! :( And I'm not even going to start on the "description of Gorgasaurus, which kept getting derailed by the tiny arm jokes.  :'(
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I haven't seen it and am not planning on it. Case closed, end of story.
Let us forget it ever happened and never post on this page again.
I bet that is too much to ask, though... ::)
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: scallenger on January 31, 2014, 02:14:34 AM
I was able to take a listen to the music score actually, and it actually isn't bad. The overall tone is a bit goofier I guess than I wanted it to sound (especially compared to the amazing score for the miniseries... or even the live show). But it certainly has some highlights, though nothing really stuck with me.

Should also note that the BluRay 2D and 3D release has been announced to come out on March 25. Beyond the two separate releases, and covers for each, no details on bonus features have been revealed yet.

Hopefully art, deleted scenes, and maybe a no vocals version..but that's probably too much to ask for. ;)

krentz

There is a very good chance of a dialogue free version on the DVD blu ray releases if the stars are aligned.

Balaur

Quote from: krentz on February 05, 2014, 03:42:13 AM
There is a very good chance of a dialogue free version on the DVD blu ray releases if the stars are aligned.

What do you mean?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome ! Would much rather have that than trying to use a mute button and miss all the sfx.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Balaur on February 05, 2014, 03:43:33 AM
There is a very good chance of a dialogue free version on the DVD blu ray releases if the stars are aligned

What do you mean?
Fairly obvious...it means there may be a chance of the DVD/Blu-ray including a version without the voice overs.

SBell

That would be the only way I will see it. The little bit of dialogue that showed up in the teaser trailer was enough to turn me and my kids off of the whole thing. So here's hoping, because it looked great.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 05, 2014, 06:08:53 AM
There is a very good chance of a dialogue free version on the DVD blu ray releases if the stars are aligned

What do you mean?
Fairly obvious...it means there may be a chance of the DVD/Blu-ray including a version without the voice overs.
Lol...
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Balaur

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 05, 2014, 05:03:11 PM

What do you mean?
Lol...

Sorry, I was really tired and my sense of reality was none.... Lol!

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Balaur on February 05, 2014, 05:19:58 PM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 05, 2014, 05:03:11 PM

What do you mean?
Lol...

Sorry, I was really tired and my sense of reality was none.... Lol!
Happens to everybody.  ;)
-Peter Benchley

Balaur

Anyways, that is very exciting. Was there any scenes cut because they were too violent? I don't k ow where I heard that, but that's what I heard.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Balaur on February 05, 2014, 08:08:10 PM
Anyways, that is very exciting. Was there any scenes cut because they were too violent? I don't k ow where I heard that, but that's what I heard.

I think someone said they cut something..though when it was cut is important..if it's too early it was never filmed.

amargasaurus cazaui

That all seems way too complicated to me...wouldnt it be just as easy to just mute the DVD player , thus removing the soundtrack altogether? What did I miss here
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 06, 2014, 02:54:33 AM
That all seems way too complicated to me...wouldnt it be just as easy to just mute the DVD player , thus removing the soundtrack altogether? What did I miss here

Because many would still want the sfx and not want to watch a totally silent film. Probably many are after the orig walking with dinosaurs experience..and that could be a setting or a mode on it the release.

HD-man

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 06, 2014, 03:46:55 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 06, 2014, 02:54:33 AM

Because many would still want the sfx and not want to watch a totally silent film. Probably many are after the orig walking with dinosaurs experience..and that could be a setting or a mode on it the release.

It's like the Nostalgia Critic said, "The music to a movie adds so friggin' much. I mean, it's practically 1/3 of the film."
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: