News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Show off your Christmas Decorations!

Started by Joey, December 20, 2017, 01:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey

For those people who do celebrate Christmas, show off your decorations! Post pictures and have fun!
Happy holidays!

Lanthanotus

While I just prepare cookies and pralines, there's nothing to show off here decoration wise :D

tyrantqueen

sauroid

our Christmas decors almost look like halloween decors tho.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Loon

I do love me some Christmas, and Christmas decorations, too, unless they're in the Haunted Mansion (*cough).

This thing looks like the end result of Santa getting on the wrong side of some Colombian drug dealers:

Santa, pulling a Baphomet pose here, greets you when you walk in:

Here are some close-ups of the Disney thing:

Some nativities, the first one has a pretty great shrugging baby Jesus, and the second one has a beheaded wise man:

The tree, of course. Poorly decorated this year, unfortunately:

Finally my favorite Christmas decoration...depicting my favorite scene from the Bible:

SBell

Well, there are a few actual ornaments on there...but this year we went with a more...aquatic theme!

Merry Fishmas!

Joey

Lanthanotus

Hah, you put a dozen or so plush fish in your xmas tree?! Well, that's something new for me.

@Loon It's also the first time I see a Santa in front of a crib with Jesus child in it. Stylewise it remindes me of the figures we use this year - very old ones from the 1950's made from gypsum. May post pics later...

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Joey

Ho Ho Ho back at ya! I like how the Guidraco is holding the star plushie in it's mouth, simple but good.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Joey on December 23, 2017, 03:59:53 PM

Ho Ho Ho back at ya! I like how the Guidraco is holding the star plushie in it's mouth, simple but good.

Thanks. And around the Euhelopus' neck hangs a santa hat-wearing cactus with bells on it.  :))

Ravonium

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 23, 2017, 05:07:07 PM
And around the Euhelopus' neck hangs a santa hat-wearing cactus with bells on it.  :))

Last time I checked you aren't allowed to put your dinosaurs at risk of bleeding and strangling by hanging a cactus around their neck, especially near Christmas.  ;D

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ravonium on December 23, 2017, 05:46:20 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 23, 2017, 05:07:07 PM
And around the Euhelopus' neck hangs a santa hat-wearing cactus with bells on it.  :))

Last time I checked you aren't allowed to put your dinosaurs at risk of bleeding and strangling by hanging a cactus around their neck, especially near Christmas.  ;D

:P Sauropods have very thick hides, but perhaps strangulation was the method employed by predators hunting sauropods.

Ravonium

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 23, 2017, 06:05:41 PM
:P Sauropods have very thick hides, but perhaps strangulation was the method employed by predators hunting sauropods.

But scale matters a lot (according to me) and at this scale, the string could easily be rolled up by the cactus (which, judging by the face, appears to be sentinent) to strangle the sauropod.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ravonium on December 23, 2017, 06:23:07 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 23, 2017, 06:05:41 PM

But scale matters a lot (according to me) and at this scale, the string could easily be rolled up by the cactus (which, judging by the face, appears to be sentinent) to strangle the sauropod.

It is a risk I decided to take. ;D

Sinornis

DinoToyForum

Hehe, excellent! Nice red cardinal topper!  8)

Sinornis

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 23, 2017, 07:14:59 PM
Hehe, excellent! Nice red cardinal topper!  8)

Thank you! That was my wife's idea. Something a little bit more original. 

Joey

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: