You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO Wilson and Vitae Giganotosaurus, Would You Recommend Them?

Started by IrritatorRaji, January 01, 2018, 02:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

After looking at KeU's pictures of the Vitae Giga and PNSO Wilson I've recently become infatuated with the pair, I'm hoping to buy both of them

But before I do, does anyone here own one or both of these figures? Is there anything I need to know about them beforehand? Difficulty balancing? Prone to warping? Brittle? Best places to buy them? Any info would be good.

spinosaurus1

i currently own wilson and planning on getting the giganotosaurus eventually. with wilson, their is a chance of the figures leg warping over time. i normally just correct it every time i catch it, but over the coarse of several weeks or so, the legs would warp to a degree that it can hardly even stand on the base. it's pretty similar to the problems faced with the new safari tyrannosurus. with that being said, wilson is far from brittle. it's made from a very tough plastic thats very durable. the quality of the figure surpasses the likes seen in figures like papo or even rebor, and it comes with not only a high quality box and base, but also a book talking about the anatomy of tyrannosaurus, it's in Chinese but the pictures within it does it justice. overall, i highly recommend wilson.  it's a very high quality figure with the durability equal to that of a papo figure. just be wary of some warping over time and it might even be useful to purchase a clear rod for perfect balance.

KeU

Raji, those 2 are different enough in style to not be displayed together.
Of course, it's just my opinion. The others might disagree.
I would recommend either,
(a) Getting Wilson and wait for Zhao Chuang to release his Giganotosaurus and Spinosaurus
or
(b) Get the Vitae Giganotosaurus and wait for Cheung Chung Tat to release a comparable Tyrannosaurus.

If you look at my top down photo of both the Vitae Giga and Wilson, you can see that the size difference is pretty huge.
I am not used to a Tyrannosaurus being so small compared to a Giganotosaurus.
They are supposed to be wider and heavier.
I'm am quite picky with details.
Right now I am not displaying them together. Wilson is doing a tango with Doyle. The Vitae Giga is alone.

If you plan on (a), you will need to get with acroman quick to get Wilson. Since PNSO went down, not sure if there are any stock left or if they are still allowed to sell them.

Overall, PNSO has the better figure. Wilson is more detailed. The scales are especially lovely.
Vitae has the better base. And it is heavy.

Spino1 touched on a good point as well.
The PNSO figures are made from a harder plastic.
But I've seen many photos of Wilson starting to lean over.
Luckily, winter in Iowa is pretty dang cold (It's -22F/-30C today), I have had no warping issues just yet.
Vitae uses a much softer plastic. The legs and tail can be easily bend using your fingers.
So I think the warping issue might be more pronounced.

Simon has a really good solution using clear acrylic rods (about 1/8" dia).
I think that is a simple solution. I'm planning to pick some up at my local hardware store before summer.

KeU

Want to add, for my 2 figures, I do not have balancing issues if I pose them without their bases.
But I think it depends more on the individual figure.
I got lucky.

Shonisaurus

I have already bought the Vitae giganotosaurus (it will arrive to me as soon as next week) and I am thinking of buying the tyrannosaurus "Wilson" PNSO sincerely I am convinced that neither of the two holds without the base or without the packing support of plastic (as I call it the taca-taca) honestly I'm going to keep the plastic bra as I did with the Collecta rajasaurus or the Tyrannosaurus rex 2017 from Safari.

It is a recommendation of a collector, they are all very well done figures but they have the negative counterpart that they obviously fall if they do not have a base. That is one of my reasons why I love the Safari giganotosaurus with its base permamente and in general the theropods of Collecta. Another figure that seems good to me (although there are many criticisms against that figure) such as the feathered tyrannosaurus rex of Collecta 2018 will give the same problems as the mentioned figures of Vitae or PNSO. My recommendation is to keep the packing bases, to hold the figures.

spinosaurus1

originally, when i first gotten my wilson, it could stand up without it's base as well. it was only over the coarse of time that i started to experience issues with it standing. it's not too hard to correct, but it takes some maintenance.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: KeU on January 01, 2018, 03:48:28 PM

Don't worry about that, I buy figures because I like how they look by themselves, not for display or 'collect-them-all' purposes :)

KeU

Spino1, is your Wilson leaning to its left?
Most photos I see have their's leaning to the right.

ceratopsian

I like my Wilson but don't have the Vitae Giganotosaurus. It's not that I don't like the latter, just that I have other priorities for the space available. My Wilson doesn't stand on his base without assistance but he has been stable for months with some blu-tak beneath the foot that doesn't attach well into the base. I have him standing sideways on to a wall, so that if he leans dramatically (and he always goes the same way), he will come to rest on the wall rather than topple to the floor, both potentially damaging himself and any other models he might knock over in a domino effect. That said, I don't regret buying him. My accompanying book is in English, but I guess that is no longer available. It was supplied by PNSO themselves when they sold on Amazon. If you want a Wilson your best bet is to PM acro-man.

spinosaurus1

Quote from: KeU on January 01, 2018, 04:10:55 PM
Spino1, is your Wilson leaning to its left?
Most photos I see have their's leaning to the right.

nah, he leans to the right. i just got it situated on a uneven surface here.

danmalcolm

I have them both and I think they're an incredible pair. To my eyes the style of each is complimentary to the other. The materials are different, though, Wilson is stiffer than a papo and giga is the bendiest dino I own. No issues with balancing off the bases whatsoever, though the bases are beautiful (Wilson's slightly less so). One thing I don't like about the giga is that the articulated jaw isn't wonderfully done. The further you open it, the more exacerbated the animal's underbite looks. It can only really be opened about 10° before looking weird. Scale-wise, they're pretty good, though the big is large. At 1:30 scale Wilson represents a 40 foot long animal, 12 feet at the hip. The giga would be 46 feet long, and 13.5 feet at the hip (These are the model's measurements in cm). Both represent larger specimens at that Scale, the yoga larger than the haplotype for sure, but definitely not outside the realm of possibility. (We only have 2 specimens after all). Hope that helps.

Shonisaurus

For example, I have the Battat tyrannosaurus last model that is sold massively in the market and does not stand up in an absolute way, although I do not regret having bought it is a great figure.

The Giganotosaurus of Vitae and the tyrannosaurus "Wilson" of PNSO (the latter I still have to buy it) I know that they will not hold correctly without the pins and without the movable bases and it is more I think to maintain the plastic bases if I want to observe them without base. My reaction to these two figures? It is the same as with the Battan tyrannosaurus I do not regret it and I will not regret having bought them since they are luxury and exceptional figures.

I am a collector of toy dinosaurs and sincerely I would like the exact perfection but that perfection does not exist in this life or even in nature so I sincerely assume the consequences of buying a figure both for and against.

I said that I do not regret having ordered the giganotosaurus Vitae nor will I regret buying the PNSO tyrannosaurus. I am a collector assuming I repeat the consequences.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: KeU on January 01, 2018, 03:48:28 PM
Of course, it's just my opinion. The others might disagree.
I would recommend either,
(a) Getting Wilson and wait for Zhao Chuang to release his Giganotosaurus and Spinosaurus
or
(b) Get the Vitae Giganotosaurus and wait for Cheung Chung Tat to release a comparable Tyrannosaurus.

If you look at my top down photo of both the Vitae Giga and Wilson, you can see that the size difference is pretty huge.
I am not used to a Tyrannosaurus being so small compared to a Giganotosaurus.
They are supposed to be wider and heavier.
I'm am quite picky with details.
Right now I am not displaying them together. Wilson is doing a tango with Doyle. The Vitae Giga is alone.

If you plan on (a), you will need to get with acroman quick to get Wilson. Since PNSO went down, not sure if there are any stock left or if they are still allowed to sell them.

Overall, PNSO has the better figure. Wilson is more detailed. The scales are especially lovely.
Vitae has the better base. And it is heavy.

Spino1 touched on a good point as well.
The PNSO figures are made from a harder plastic.
But I've seen many photos of Wilson starting to lean over.
Luckily, winter in Iowa is pretty dang cold (It's -22F/-30C today), I have had no warping issues just yet.
Vitae uses a much softer plastic. The legs and tail can be easily bend using your fingers.
So I think the warping issue might be more pronounced.

Simon has a really good solution using clear acrylic rods (about 1/8" dia).
I think that is a simple solution. I'm planning to pick some up at my local hardware store before summer.

Didn't PNSO die out tho? I heard their spino AND amarga models have a bleak future as far as I know and I thought it was a carcha. Do you have a pic of the PNSO giganotosaurus and when should it be expected if even released.

tanystropheus

I can't get myself to like "Wilson" or its counterpart Triceratops (they just look so sinister  :(). I do love PNSO's deluxe Triceratops, though.

KeU

Quote from: SyndicateBias on January 01, 2018, 10:35:14 PM
Didn't PNSO die out tho? I heard their spino AND amarga models have a bleak future as far as I know and I thought it was a carcha. Do you have a pic of the PNSO giganotosaurus and when should it be expected if even released.
Yea, PNSO died. That's why Raji will need to hurry if he wants to get Wilson.
However, there is hope that Zhao Chuang will release the rest of the figures.
With a different producer or by himself.
I know there are leaked photos of the Giga and Spino.
Will have to defer to acro-man for this.
He might still have the pictures.
It is confirmed to be a Giga instead of a Carcha.
There is an old PNSO release picture that says 南方巨兽龙.
That's a Giga.

Syndicate Bias

Vitae Giganotosaurus https://imgur.com/a/B6luf

My vitae giganotosaurus, I took it under normal room lighting as a way to show what it looks like usually without the white light and background look. The quality should be perfect for the pictures since it was taken from my s8+

Syndicate Bias

PNSO is dead and they won't release the giganotosaurus so I'd get this one and wait for a miracle from PNSO. Also hoping papo can do an accurate giganotosaurus as they have been improving so fingers crossed, as for rebor they seem too busy never answering my questions and making movie dinosaurs like the king Kong vastatosaurus rex which btw is too bumpy and scaly compared to the movie source material which is smoother and not so fricking uniformed scales

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur is bringing in some PNSO stock including Wilson and the Deluxe Triceratops.  They should be with us in a few weeks time.  If you want further information on the PNSO range coming into stock with us, send us a Personal Message.

Syndicate Bias

Best news I've heard, everything dinosaur is fast and reliable with their shipping

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: