News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2019 Hopes and Dreams

Started by suspsy, January 04, 2018, 01:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katieraptor

Sinraptor dongi
Allosaurus fragilis
Megalosaurus bucklandii
Yangchuanosaurus shangyouensis is my personal list.

I wouldn't mind seeing some herbivores either though. Camptosaurus and Psittacosaurus especially.
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Shonisaurus

I would also like Collecta to make more sabretooth felines or fake saber tooth felines. The smilodon is a very prehistoric mammal. I would like an eusmilus or a megantereon and since as saber-toothed felines a thylacosmilus would be great if Collecta made those two figures, to give three examples.   :P

Bokisaurus

Okay, now let see...
For figures needing updates, I hope to see
Rebbachiosaurus, Paraceratherium, Lambeosaurus, Chasmosaurus, and Rhoteosaurus all be remade ^-^
Hopes, well a lot but my top ones are:
Wendiceratops, Pentaceratops, Omiasaurus, Saltasaurus or the Classic Camarasaurus
For mammals, Elasmotherium, synthetoceras/Sivatherium - I would faint if they actually made some given they are the king of extant ungulates!
Lets keep on dreaming and  hoping, cheers! :D

Renecito

I just need a Carnotaurus Deluxe (1:40 Scale) from CollectA.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Dinoguy2

Aerodactylus! It's "new", it's named after a Pokémon, and it's basically Pterodactylus got a cool crest.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

suspsy

A Supreme-sized Pterodaustro would be sweet because that scale would do justice to the filaments lining its mouth. And it could be coloured pink just like a flamingo!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on February 17, 2018, 07:33:00 PM
A Supreme-sized Pterodaustro would be sweet because that scale would do justice to the filaments lining its mouth. And it could be coloured pink just like a flamingo!

A suspsy ptedodaustro is necessary to make Collecta and with the pink color as flamenco (I consider it the pelican of the pterosaurs by the shape of its beak) would be great. Good idea that they did it to Supreme size like the guidraco and the dimorphodon.

Patrx

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on February 17, 2018, 04:44:51 PM
Aerodactylus! It's "new", it's named after a Pokémon, and it's basically Pterodactylus got a cool crest.

Gosh, yes! That'd be excellent, particularly if it were massive like the Guidraco and the Dimorphodon.

Shonisaurus

There is also a kind of Chinese pterosaurs to which toy dinosaur companies do not pay much attention, I mean dsungaripterus and phobetor are two rare pterosaurs to find in the toy market and that could make the Collecta brand.  ^-^

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Alright, here's my wishlist:

Borealopelta
I mean, come ON! It's only one of the few dinosaurs you can get close to 100% accurate with! I want my rusty, reddish nodosaur!

Ouranosaurus
I've been dying to get my hands on this genus for ages. The only model I've ever been interested in is Battat's, and it looks like that won't be an option anymore. The original Collecta version leaves much to be desired, but this year's stellar Iguanodon and Mantellisaurus prove they can do right by ornithopods now (I know some dislike M's color scheme, but the sculpt itself it good). I won't feel like my collection of African dinosaurs is complete until I get one of these in my collection!

Lurdusaurus
I've been rooting for this long-necked hippo-mimic ever since Darren Naish hilariously described it as "the stupidest looking iguanodont". If this isn't a good candidate for Collecta's penchant for obscure species, I don't know what is!

Qianzhousaurus
I'd love to see either "Pinnochio Rex" or an updated version of its closest relative, the similarly long-snouted tyrannosaur Alioramus.

Dakotaraptor
I'm frankly surprised Collecta hasn't done this one yet. They'd better get the wing feathers right if they do go for it, though! 1:40 scale, please!

Pelicanimimus
I'm eternally grateful to Collecta for allowing me to finally add a classic ostrich dinosaur to my 1:40 collection in the form of Struthiomimus! How about we keep that train rolling and add this unique looking relative?  :D

Coelophysis herd/family
I thought the groups of small dinosaurs was a great concept, and I'm sad Collecta didn't run with it more than one year. I'd love to see them pick it up again. If they do, a "Ghost Ranch"-style Coelophysis assemblage would be an excellent starting point. I'd suggest a group of four like the Hysilophodon and Koreaceratops models, with fitted edges designed to pair up with additional copies of the Coelophysis model to make a giant herd if you so desire.  ;D

Leedsichthys
After teasing us with the mini version this year, CollectA better give us a large scale version of this amazing fish eventually! I'd settle for standard size, but I'd love to see a 1/40 version to blow my MBA Whale Shark out of the water!

Archelon
Ditto what I said about the Leedsichthys.

Hatzegopteryx
Time for an update! Tuck in that neck, and beef up that bod! A flying pose could be cool, but I'd really like to see one inspired by the specific Witton piece linked below. It's got a nice, sleek, almost sportscar look to it. Maybe both a flying AND a grounded model? Please no prey in the mouth; I liked it in the Quetzalcoatlus model, but it does limit the display options just a bit.

John

I would imagine CollectA would be good at doing Plesiosaurus dolichodeirus.Any scale would be fine with me. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

stargatedalek

A 1:1 supreme Rhamphorynchus would be a nice way to continue the tradition of the bi-annual supreme pterosaurs!

Shonisaurus

I would like in Supreme version a Pterodactylus on a 1: 1 scale by Collecta. It is a very small pterosaurs within the range of pterosaurs and apart from this is a prehistoric animal that is very poorly treated.

If it were of the same or even superior quality that the guidraco and the dimorphodon of Collecta would be great.  :)

DragonRider02

I think it's about Time for CollectA to make their own Archaeopteryx...
Also I would love to see Guanlong, YiQi, Deluxe Gigantoraptor, Microraptor and Beipiaosaurus.
And more pterosaurs!! I dream about Supreme Pterodaustro or Dsungaripterus!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: DragonRider02 on March 03, 2018, 05:07:19 PM
I think it's about Time for CollectA to make their own Archaeopteryx...
Also I would love to see Guanlong, YiQi, Deluxe Gigantoraptor, Microraptor and Beipiaosaurus.
And more pterosaurs!! I dream about Supreme Pterodaustro or Dsungaripterus!

I would also like and ptedodaustro or a dsungaripterus are two of my favorite pterosaurs along with the ludydacylus, thalosodromeus sethi and nyctosaurus. Pterosaurs are even rarer in appearance than dinosaurs and marine reptiles.

Strongly agree with and with many forum members. There are so many new species that the Collecta brand could make the list would be endless! I sincerely prefer figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals new or very little treated in the toy market to figures and known and overrepresented.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Any other Giant Orthocone lovers out there? I had this in my wishlist last year, but I forgot to mention it this time. It's also another figure teased by the Mini Sea Life tube that I hope gets a full sized version.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: suspsy on February 17, 2018, 07:33:00 PM
I actually have a question of sorts about that one...if someone could humor me. I had observed Flamingos in my local zoo that were not pink and the placard indicated their normal pink coloring is derived from a pigment they derived from I believe shrimp that they were fed. I hope I am remembering correctly...but if that is the case, with the Pterodaustro having psyncofibers rather than feathers...do you feel it likely it would still follow that analogy and be pink from eating shrimp? Interested to hear thoughts on that....just something that came to mind
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

Hard to say. Do we know enough about pycnofibers to speculate on whether or not their coloration could be affected by a pterosaur's diet?

In any case, pink just seems to work for Pterodaustro. I'm always a sucker for a prehistoric figure with an unusual colour scheme.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: suspsy on April 27, 2018, 06:20:08 PM
Hard to say. Do we know enough about pycnofibers to speculate on whether or not their coloration could be affected by a pterosaur's diet?

In any case, pink just seems to work for Pterodaustro. I'm always a sucker for a prehistoric figure with an unusual colour scheme.
As good an answer as any ...I was just curious.....not really sure myself even....pterosaurs and fibers aren't my normal patrol
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Patrx

At the very least, we know that flamingo pink isn't structural, so simple filaments like pycnofibres could theoretically have done it - if, as has been mentioned, they could sequester carotenoids from the animals' food. Also, it may be that pycnofibres had different pigments capable of producing pink, like porphyrins or something completely unknown in modern animals. As far as I'm aware, that's unknown, but not necessarily unknowable with the right fossils!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: