News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Well, it's a new year, so might as well start it off by creating my very own collection thread. With the whole PB fiasco, most of my previous thread will soon go extinct. PB caught up with me and won't let me post images anymore. So, until my current PB membership expires (October of this year), enjoy them since there is simply no way for me to update threads such as March of the Titans and Thundering Herds, which has hundreds oh photos by now.
Anyway, this is a good start to consolidate my collection into one thread. Don't worry, I will still make specific threads as time allows.
It is hard for me to believe that I have been seriously collecting prehistoric figures for almost 20 years now ^-^. As you can imagine, I have built up a pretty large collection. Sadly most are in bin storage for now due to space constraints. Being in storage has made it overwhelming to sort through the collection.
So, what goes up, must come down. IN the last 3 years I have been steadily going through the collection and weeding out excess. When I started, I collected almost anything prehistoric, I was shocked by the number of Chinasaurus in the collection taking up valuable space :))
So, most of them are now donated. In addition to ubiquitous Chinasaurus, I have also donated 99.9% of JP related figures, not that I have many to start with ( not my taste really). Same goes for the Chap Mei.
I have also started to be more selective of what comes in and join the collection.
IN addition to weeding out, I also refocused which companies I want to maintain a complete collection. In the past, I have got through a completist phase as well.
Today, as far as maintaining a complete collection, I pretty much just wanted to focus on CollectA and the rebooted Safari. The other companies, I'm no longer interested in completing them, just pick and choose for me. So you won't see a lot of Papo, Mojo, etc. figure in the collection.
As I go through my collection, it's fun to see some rare ones, as well as some cheap one (but full of sentimental values). Thank goodness for their small size, the Kaiyodos and Yowies only take up small room. The challenge is assembling them since my display case, unfortunately, took a tumble and broke :-[
I have been a part of this forum almost from the beginning and it's been instrumental in my collection growth as well as making friends. I have always enjoyed sharing my collection with others, as well as seeing fellow members collections as well. It's what makes this forum a great place.
The building of this tread will be a slow process as you can imaging. But my goal is to finally have them all together in one thread.
Anyway, it's been a lovely 10 years sharing and looking forward to the next!

To start off this thread, I decided to go through the different timeline and take a small sampling of the animal figures in my collection to showcase. I think it's a fun way to start, don't you think?
I hope that you will enjoy them, and will follow my collection as it evolves.
Cheers!

In the beginning: Cambrian - Devonian

Carboniferous - Permian

The Triassic

The Jurassic

The Cretaceous

The Jurassic/Cretaceous skies: When pterosaurs ruled the sky

The Triassic/Jurassic/Cretaceous seas: When marine reptiles ruled the oceans

The rise of mammals: The Tertiary

The modern fauna

Well, hope you enjoyed the first installment  ^-^ Till next time, stay tuned!
Cheers! :)

Collection summary
- I will be adding parade-style group shots of my collections here as I post them. That way, it would be easy to see them all as they go up, this would be helpful once the thread starts fill-in up with photos.

Battat Dynasty - Posted Jan. 20, 2018. Originals group and originals+ re-issues+ New additions

Playvision Large.mini prehistoric mammals and Mini prehistoric amphibian and marine reptile sets - Posted February 6, 2018

Play Vision AMNH dinosaur Collection - Posted February 6,2018

Dawn of the Dinosaur Set - Posted 2/12/18

Kaiyodo Dinometal set - Posted 2/14/18

Mini Battat Tyrannosaurus - Posted 2/15/18

the entire original set of large and mini figures

CollectA 1:20 Scale Dunkleosteus 2018 - Posted 2/22/18

CollectA 2018 Iguanodon with the rest - Posted 2/24/18

Walking With Dinosaur figures - Posted 2/28/18

TS Toys: The unofficial WWD set - Posted 3/5/18

Faunacasts Resin models by Malcolm, as well as other figures that are not part of the series - Posted 3/12/18

Future is Wild - Figures based on the BBC 2002 multi-part series that explores what evolution would look like in the far distant future. Posted 3/15/18

PNSO Six little baby dinosaur and Large figures - Posted 3/20/18

PNSO mini figures and Seven Little Dinosaur Postal series set - Posted 3/21/18

TAKARA TOMY ARTS Figure sets( Disclaimer: The ceratopsians are NOT TOMMY, but Kaiyodo Capsule Q figures, I corrected this on the post.)Mini figures from TAKARA, there are 3 series here, the Triceratops, Dino 2012 Expo Dino Kingdom are the first two. Posted 3/26/18

Kaiyodo Capsule Q figures - - In order: 2016 Expo figures, Dinosaurs of Japan, Marine reptiles, Tyrannosaurus - Posted 3/27/17

Kaiyodo Dinoland figures 1:35 and 1:100 scale - Posted 4/2/2018

SEGA Dinoking figures ( large) - Posted 4/10/18

Happinet Figures sculpted by Kazunari Araki - Posted 4/16/18

Sivatherium giganteum by Joan Milelire Soler - Prehistoric relative of the Giraffe and Okapi - Posted 4/17/18

BANDAI The Dinosaur Collection GashPon figures - Posted 4/23/18

Discovery Kids set with scan wand - Posted 4/24/18

Dino Dan by Geoworld - Posted 4/24/18

Discovery Dinos ( not sure of produced them) - There are more to the series, this is all I have.  Posted 4/26/18

Capcom se of 6 Expo figures - Mostly released in 2009 - Posted 4/30/18

Kaiodo official Szechuanosaurus from the Wondrous World Of Dinosaurs 2004 - Posted 5/1/2018

Kaiyodo Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum exhibit Dinosaurs in Yokohama 2012. Sculpted by Araki Kazunari. - Posted 5/2/2018

Bandai Dinosaurs of Gondwana exhibit/expo figures released in 2009 - Not much info on this set. Posted 5/3/2018

Schleich 2018 figures - The only ones I'm getting. Really not bad figures. Posted 5/5/18

Invicta figures for the British Museum of Natural History. 1973- 1993. The beloved series of scale figures. Considered the grandfather of museum lines. Posted 5/7/18

BMNS Toyway figures - This set was the replacement for the Invicta series. Posted 5/8/18

Royal Ontario Museum ( ROM) figures - Official set of 8 figures from he muses featuring dinosaurs found in Canada. Released in 1977. Posted 5/9/18[

Kleinwelka figures - Figures are replica of the sculptures that are on display at Kleinwelka Saurier Park in Germany. Posted 5/10/18
[]

Custom made Bramatherium - An extinct relative of the modern day giraffe. Posted 5/15/18

Favorite and ROM Burgess Shale figures - Posted 5/30/18

Kaiyodo Sofubi 2018 Tyrannosaurus rex - Shinzen sculpt,  made out of hollow plastic . Posted 6/7/18

2nd Wave of CollectA's 2018 lineup - Amazing group!  Posted 6/21/18

CollectA's Brontosaurus with Safari's Malawisaurus, both 2018 releases - This two make a nice pair and are about the same size. Posted 6/27/18

SEGA Vignetteum diorama figures  Posted 7/11/18

Carnage Series by Resaurus - Large articulated figures released in the late 1990's. This is what remains in my collection. Posted 7/25/18
[]

Safari's Feathered Tyrannosaurus - Posted 8/22/18
[]

Papo Therizinosaurus - New for 2018 . Posted 9/15/18
[]

Papo Quetzalcoatlus - New for 2018. Posted 10/30/18
[]

Eofauna Palaeoloxodon - The second prehistoric elephant from Eofauna. Posted 11/9/18
[]

CollectA's new 2018 feathered tyrannosaur as well as a historic look at the other figures - Posted 11/29/18
[]

Safari's 2019 figures part 1 - First batch of their 2019 release. Posted 12/6/18
[]

PNSO Mini figures 2018 - The first batch of mini figures from PNSO new for 2018. ( posted 12/8/18)
[]

Diprotodon by Southland Replica - New for 2018. A figure that we watch it's entire production from start to finish! Amazing figure. Posted 12/18/18
[]

Mini PNSO figures - The second half of the large new PNSO mini set Sorry, I forgot to take a group photo!. Posted 1/4/19
[]

A few JWFK figures - A few figures that I like from the whole JWFK series. Posted 1/24/19
[]

EoFauna Giganotosaurus - The first dinosaur from this fledgling company released in 2018/19. Posted 1/29/19
[]

New PNSO Large PVC Amargasaurus, Mosasaurus, Mamenchisaurus figures - At last, the long awaited large figures from PNSO have landed. Stunning figures! - Posted 2/5/19
[]

Linheraptor exquisitus- From the Beast of the Mesozoic Raptor Series. Posted 2/26/29
[]

The last group form Safari's 2019 lineup: Stegosaurus, Pteranodon, Camarasaurus, Swimming Spinosaurus. Posted 2/27/19
[]

First wave of CollectA 2019 figures: Carnotaurus, Borealopelta, Edaphosaurus, Caiuajara - Posted 3/6/19
[]

TAKARA TOMY Articulated figures - a small sample of the series, mostly got them for the mosasaur. Darker one comes single. Posted 3/20/19
[]

Primal Clash action figures - Smilodon and Titanis are the only two I got and interested me. Posted 3/20/19

Fairefly action figure with dinosaur toy - From the TV series Firefly. Posted 3/20/19
[]

JWFK Real feel large Mosasaur - Too big to unbox! Posted 3/20/19
[]

Best of Bullyland: a Tribute - With the demise of the company, a great way to spotlight its strongest set of figures. Posted 3/27/2019
[]

PNSO Spinosaurus - The majestic PNSO Spinosaur new for 2019. Posted 4/9/19
[]

PNSO Opthalmosaurus - From their 2019 release. Posted 4/15/19
[]

JWFK Coelurus - Unique species. Posted 4/15/19
[]

Nessie (Lock Ness) and friends - Part of Kaiyodo's Sufubi series, interesting figure. Posted 4/17/19
[]

Dunkleosteus by Mojo - New for 2019 from Mojo, a very nice figure . Posted 5/10/19
[]

Mosasaur - By Boley, and inexpensive Dollar store-type figure. Posted 5/10/19
[]

Favorite Soft Models - Old and newer set including Museum Exclusive figures. Posted 5/15/19
[]

PNSO Giganotosaurus and Changkinosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus diorama pair - Another fabulous set from PNSO! New for 2019. Posted 5/28/2019
[]

Anklylosaurus and Megalodon - From PNSO's new line of cheaper figures that comes without a base. Superb details and quality! Posted 5/31/19
[]

Mosasaur and Fukuivenator - Favorite new for 2019, both great figures. Posted 6/7/19
[]

Baryonyx and Neovenator - Exclusive museum figures from Favorite. Posted 6/7/19
[]

Archeopteryx and Spinosaur - Two nice model and one of the earliest Spino in the new reconstruction. Posted 6/7/19
[]

Marx,MPC, Tootsie - Some vintage figures circa 1955- 60's, the pioneers of prehistoric toy figures. Posted 6/18/19
[]

Stegosaurus, Spinop, and Eurhinosaur - The latest addition to PNSO's exciting new line! Awesome figures! Posted 6/24/19
[]

Cheetah, Warthog, Gazelle - New mini extant animal from PNSO's new line. Posted 6/24/19
[]

Elasmotherium, Baryony, Fukuiraptor, Dama Gazelle, Minke whale - The last group from CollectA's impressive 2019 lineup!. Posted 7/2/19
[]

Diabloceratops - -  From Schleich, new for 2019. The latest version of the species, nice figure. Posted 7/13/19
[]

Dakusaurus - the 5th figure from PNSO's new line. Amazing figure. Posted 7/16/19
[]

Shuntugosaurus repainted - - Repaint of one of the original figures from PNSO. Posted 7/30/19
[]

Quetzal and Nasutuceratops - JP dino rival new for 2019. Posted 10/18/18
[]

Schleich's set of six prehistoric mammals - Late 1990's/early 2000's. Posted 11/6/2019
[]

Deinotherium by Eofauna - What an amazing figure! New for 2019. Posted 11/8/19
[]

Atlasaurus by Eofauna - The first figure of this odd-looking sauropod, truly amazing figure and new for 2019. Posted 11/29/2019
[]

Spinosaurus Limited Edition by Papo -  The 2019 limited edition from Papo. A truly unique interpretation of this species. Posted 12/15/19
[]

CollectA - New first wave figures for 2020 - Posted 4/5/2020
[]

Safari 2020 new figures - Part of the new for 2020 release. (6/13/20)
[]

RECUR - A couple of figures from this brand, my very first. I like them a lot. (6/13/20)
[]

CollectA new for 2020 figures - All beautiful and exciting new figures! ( Posted 7/26/20)
Standard Allosaurus and Mapusaurus, Deluxe Microraptor, Megalodon and Lisowician, Inverts Pleuroceras and Redilichia

[]

PNSO New Spinosaurus  - new 2020 version based on the new tail find.Posted 11/24/20
[]

GR Toys Spinosaurus - new entry in the toy market. This is their first figure and is based on the new reconstruction. 11/24/20
[]

Kronosaurus - Unknow brand, new for 2020. 11/24/20
[]

PNSO Lambeosaurus and Corythosaurus- new for 2020. 11/24/20
[]
[]

PNSO new for 2020
[]

Vitae 5 figures + Giganotosaurus - Second production run (lower quality) of the original Vitae figures. Posted 12/19/20
[]

PNSO Machairoceratops - New fantastic figure for 2020 - Posted 1/5/21
[]

Paraceratherium - Itoy 1:20 scale figure, magnificent model! Posted 1/21/21
[]

PNSO Carnosaurus - New for 2020 - Posted 1/23/21
[]

PNSO Qianzhousaurus - New for 2020 a fabulous species of Tyrannosaurus! - Posted 1/23/21
[]

Papo Megaloceros - New for 2021. Posted 2/2/21
[]

JP Sinoceratops - From the Camp Cretaceous series. Posted 2/2/21
[]

Shapeways Wild Past figures - Posted 2/13/21
[]

CollectA New for 2021 figures - HUGE Review Box gift from CollectA! What a generous gifts, thank you! 3/13/21
[]

Eofauna Triceratops Sp. - Exquisite pair from Eofauna! New for 2021. Posted 3/13/21
[]

Latest PNSO :Carcharodontosaurus, Halicoprion, Parasaurolophus - All exquisite figures! Posted 6/4/21
[]

Yutyrannos and Pachy - new for 2021 by PNSO
[]

GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus - New for 2021, exquisite model!
[]

PNSO Anrea the female Tyrannosaur - About time we got a queen! Posted 8/20/21
[]

Logan the Nanotyrannus - a controversial species, but beautiful!. Posted 8/20/21
[]

Dunkeleousteus - PNSO's exquisite version! Posted 9/20/21
[]

Kronosaurus - PNSO's new 2021 Kronosaurus! Impressive! - Posted 9/30/21
[]

Olorotitan - Beautiful model from PNSO, new for 2021 - posted 10/17/21
[]

Tylosaurus - another exquisite model from PNSO. Beautiful and full of details despite the seams. New for 2021. Posted 10/17/21
[]

Styracosaurus - PNSO new for 2022
[]

Tsintaosaurus - New for 2022
[]

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM
my display case, unfortunately, took a tumble and broke :-[

That's terrible! I'm sorry to hear it :(

I'll watch this thread with great interest. I love the parade-style photos; it reminds me of the old David Peters masterpiece Gallery of Dinosaurs & Other Early Reptiles. (Before the eccentric web site he now runs.)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

:D :D :D ... Finally!

At last we have the collection thread that I have always been missing here and of course it is starting with mindblowing pics that make me smile with big joy!

Wonderful start of a thread that I'm sure will be one of the most important collection & picture threads of the DTF.

O.k., I'll have to watch those pics again ;D. ..... great job!!

Lanthanotus

Very nice start for the new thread, Bokisaurus. I really appreciate seeing some customized or better said repainted figures amongst these.

Naturally a lot of things that I know of, but quite an interesting array anyway... and I have to shoot a question, actually two.... what's that tapir like mammal full left in the Tertiary and the Placerias (?) figure with the dino damage, any JP?

PhilSauria

Great photos. With so many collection threads it must be hard to come up with a different way of presenting the figures - nicely done! I am on the verge of putting up my collection and favour the group approach, with some solo subjects. Probably won't be as different as your approach. Busy staging the subjects and shooting the images at the moment. I'd put that project aside for a few eeks but you have inspired me to get back to it.

ceratopsian

Beautiful photos of beautifully arranged groups.

Reptilia

I think I'm going to enjoy this thread a lot, thanks Bokisaurus!

Jose S.M.

Thanks for sharing! Your photos are great as always.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 12, 2018, 09:56:54 PM
Very nice start for the new thread, Bokisaurus. I really appreciate seeing some customized or better said repainted figures amongst these.

Naturally a lot of things that I know of, but quite an interesting array anyway... and I have to shoot a question, actually two.... what's that tapir like mammal full left in the Tertiary and the Placerias (?) figure with the dino damage, any JP?
Thanks for all the kind words everyone .
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to present the collection :)

Lanthanotus- that tapir looking creature is a Palorchestes from the large Playvision set. It's a cool one and one I have planned to review as soon as I am caught up ;)

The placerias is from a cheap set, I forgot who distributed them now, but I'm sure someone will know. One of the Chinasaurus gems ;)

Libraraptor

Hey Boki,  you know I have been a fan of your collection for a very long time now, and a thread like this is overdue.  Of course I will follow!

ITdactyl

:oWow! ^-^

The Jurassic dinos seem to have found something very interesting to their "left", as most of them have heads inclined in that direction.

Also, it's nice that you straightened the CollectA Quetz' beak before taking the photos (unless you're one of the lucky ones who didn't receive a model with a droopy beak).

Is that a swan beside the keeper in "The Modern Fauna" assemblage?  Who made that?  (I'm looking to complete a diorama for another project).

Shonisaurus

Bokisaurus Congratulations on your collection! It is beautiful and most important well ordered by geological stages and by species (pterosaurs and marine prehistoric animals).  :)

The photos are exceptional. By the way the mastodonsaurus is a repaint but I'm wrong, since the original that I have does not have that painting on the body.

UK

Thank you for sharing and providing me inspiration on how to configure my own small display area.

stemturtle

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 13, 2018, 02:31:58 AM
The placerias is from a cheap set, I forgot who distributed them now, but I'm sure someone will know. One of the Chinasaurus gems ;)

The Placerias was manufactured by Nayab. The link to their website is out of date:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=181.msg60292#msg60292

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

sauroid

glad to see your collection thread again Boki.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Nice to see you back in business, Boki! Already off to a great start. :)

Lanthanotus

Quote from: stemturtle on January 13, 2018, 12:55:24 PM

The Placerias was manufactured by Nayab. The link to their website is out of date:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=181.msg60292#msg60292

Thanks :), yes I know that one... I ment the figure behind the Papo Dimetrodon, thought of that as some "monstrous" Placerias and it looks like it has some dino damage on the side what made me guess it may be a JP figure...

DinoToyForum

Boki, stunning vignettes! I can't wait to see more.

stemturtle

Thanks :), yes I know that one... I ment the figure behind the Papo Dimetrodon, thought of that as some "monstrous" Placerias and it looks like it has some dino damage on the side what made me guess it may be a JP figure...

You are right about the figure being JP.
It's a Scutosaurus rather than a Placerias.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Lanthanotus

Ah thanks ... the sabertooth made me think they are some inaccurate/misplaced Placerias feature, guess that's just a JP feature to add to the monster charme :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.