You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimravus

Bokisaurus your pictures are superb as usual. These big PNSO dinos are amazing, I would love to have them but unfortunately they are too big! I have been several times too much close too fall into the temptation of buying them, but I don't have space for them!
:(

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 20, 2018, 07:15:02 PM
I swear, you all only post pictures of that Huanghetitan to make me buy it :D .....

Nice PNSO collection, but what's that tiny pterosaur on the titan's back? Tamiya?

:)) Yes indeed, I believe that is the Tamiya one that I painted oh so many many years ago ;)
Do it, but that Titan ^-^ You won't regret it trust me >:D

ceratopsian

How I love the large PNSO figures!  Your photos do them full justice.  I'm especially fond of the statuesque Huanghetitan.  I still get excited to look at it!

Bokisaurus

And now, for the part two of the PNSO week, we take a look at the small figures from the set.
After releasing the giants, PNSO then released a whole series of mini figures that dazzled our eyes and emptied our wallets ;D
If I remember correct, there were 18 mini figures total, and what a wide range of species! There stegosaurus diversity along rivals that of COllectA. Unfortunately, my wallet funds dried up before I can get them all, then the whole fiasco happen which did not make it easier or cheaper to get there rest of the figures :(
Anyway, I'm happy with what I got, just glad I was able to get them back then. To date, I got 10 of the 18 figures.

The figure are super detailed and beautifully sculpted. They remind you of those Kaiyodo except they are slightly bigger and comes in one piece, which is nice.

My favorite ^-^

And then, right on the heels of these guys, another set of min figures were released.
This time, they are part of a box set called Chinese Dinosaur Seven Little Dinosaurs. Unlike the other little dinosaur set, this ones are not baby version, but full grown. They are  part of the postal series set. The figures comes in a nicely packaged white box, inside their is a beautifully illustrated booklet with lots of photos as well as stamp sheets of the dinosaurs featured in the toy set.

The seven dinos are Microraptor ; Sinosauropteryx ; Gigantoraptor ;Tsintaosaurus ;
Yangchuanosaurus magnus; Mamenchisaurus; Huayangosaurus.

The box art and booklet are truly a work of art and very beautiful. Here are some photos of of the booklet and the inside

Well, that's it for my PNSO collection. Maybe one day I can complete the entire PNSO line. The figures themselves are not too expensive, it's the associated shipping cost that really doubles the total, making it hard to get them. But one day...
Hope you enjoyed, till next time, thanks for looking and cheers! :)

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Yeah, I'm gonna miss PNSO...

Love the little dinosaur box. Should get one of my own, before they run out. If that hasn't happened yet, at least...

ceratopsian

Much missed firm. I treasure the minis in my collection. So many of them feel so very alive. Mr Zhao was superb at suggesting movement and avoiding too static a look, even with small models.  Again, lovely photos. You make me feel very nostalgic!

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

It is a pity that PNSO has stopped producing figures. Zhao brought me many joys with his miniatures and with the mamenchisaurus, triceratops and tyrannosaurus.  :'(

PNSO was a great company. I suppose that over time these figures will be revalued as has happened with other companies that have interrupted the total or partial production of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on March 21, 2018, 11:59:53 PM
You need to review that new seven pack!

Thanks everyone. Yeah what a heartbreak to know that we may never see the rest of PNSO, such a pity.

Suspsy - I have it on my list to review them, just a matter of time ^-^ I'm hoping soon.

suspsy

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 22, 2018, 05:48:47 PM
Quote from: suspsy on March 21, 2018, 11:59:53 PM
You need to review that new seven pack!

Thanks everyone. Yeah what a heartbreak to know that we may never see the rest of PNSO, such a pity.

Suspsy - I have it on my list to review them, just a matter of time ^-^ I'm hoping soon.

Lanthanotus is currently working on a review of them as it turns out.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

microraptorgui

That "Seven Little Dinosaurs" set is amazing.  I hadn't realized how detailed some of the figures are!
I sell original dinosaur art on canvas, shirts, dresses, stickers, phone covers, and a whole bunch of other stuff!
Check it out at www.redbubble.com/people/microraptorgui/shop!

Bokisaurus

Hello Dinofans! So another week, another Collection post. As some of yo may recall from my first post, I used to have a cabinet that fits pretty much most of my small figures such as Kaiyodos and the likes.
Well, a while back, it took a tumble and broke. There were many casualties as you know many of the Kaiyodo mini figures are plastic but brittle and prone to breaking easily. Unfortunately a lot of the Kaiyodos suffered damages :-\
As I picked through the rubbles, I pretty much put everything on a box without sorting them out ( I was frustrated and did not want to deal with the mess).
Anyway, more than a year later, as I continues the process of weeding out and cataloguing my collection, I came across the box. One evening, I decided that I will try and sort the mess.
So the long and tedious process started. Well, I started with those that were easily found, and as I rounded up the sets, I was able to gather a few complete sets.
So this week, I figured I would post those complete sets before they are boxed up again.
Since there are lots of photos, I am breaking it up into two parts.

The two sets are by TAKARA TOMY ARTS and Kaiyodo ( not the dinotales). TAKARA is quickly rivaling Kaiyodo in the level of craftsmanship in their mini figures. They are like Kaiyodo, comes as mini puzzles that you assemble. Just like Kaiyodo, the frustrating (besides assembling the delicate figures) thing about these sets is that they are always the most common species with a new one included.
Anyway, some are themed and others seems random.
It's been years since I got these figures, and I can't really read Japanese so I can't really give you much info about them ;D
Here we go, lets start with TAKARA TOMY ARTS.

Part 1
TAKARA TOMY ARTS Sets - Some of these figures are really cool despite being those of the common species, ya know, them popular ones ^-^
The sets are themed, I hope that they continue and that one day they will release a sauropod, Duckbills, and Marine reptile sets as well.
Like Kaiyodo, they are also big on "secret" figures :D There are usually 5-6 figures, and almost guaranteed to include skulls or skeletons. There are also mini human figures included for scale (not sure what size)

Kaiyodo Capsule Q Triceratops- ( I made a mistake! This set is supposed to be part of the Kaiyodo series! Instead of reposting, I am just putting this disclaimer :o)These guys were among the first to release ceratopsians with those tail frills. Each of the the figures, there are 3 species, comes with a mini person. These are sold as capsule figures and mine came in green little balls :))
Kosmoceratops, Diabloceratops, and of course Triceratops with two color variant, a skull, and a skeleton make up the set.

The packaging:

Yes, that small black dot in front is a human skull that goes with the trike skull ^-^, and the human skeleton goes with the trike skeleton.

Next up is the 2012 Expo Dino Kingdom figures - Top predators with their likely prey in combat poses. You display them together to create a fight scene. There are 6 pairs that make up 3 fight scene, as well as the secret figure, the Yutyrannosaurus ( comes alone).
Check out the stegosaurus and allosaurus fight scene and the interchangeable Also tail, one with the Stego spike imbedded on it! Pretty cool. Oh and the rexes are feathered.

Last set: Comprised of mostly the top popular species with one new species. The Rex skeleton is cool since it's in a seating pose, very different from your typical one.
The Allosaurus is the weakest figure, almost looks like it should to be part of this set. The new species is the fabulous Anchiornis, the true gem from the set. It really is the only reason I got the set.
The Tyrannosaurus is partially feathered reflecting the ongoing debate of full feather vs partial feathers

This is the winner and star of the set ;)

Special Rex skeleton in a seating pose.

That's it for today, next post will be the Kaiyodo sets, stay tuned for part 2. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for looking, cheers! ;)

Halichoeres

That Anchiornis is the only reason I bought that set (I couldn't find it by itself).

I always thought those ceratopsians were part of the Kaiyodo Capsule Q series!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

:D Beautiful sets, Boki. Nice pictures!

A few remarks:
- The first set you've shown is the second CapsuleQ set made by Kaiyodo, simply called "Triceratops".
- Your second set was made for the 2012 Expo called "Dino Kingdom".
- Yes, the star of the third set is definitely the Anchiornis, and one might mention that there's a brown version of the T. rex skeleton,
   which is the secret figure.

Digibasherx

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 26, 2018, 08:54:28 PM
That Anchiornis is the only reason I bought that set (I couldn't find it by itself).

I always thought those ceratopsians were part of the Kaiyodo Capsule Q series!

Yes, the Ceratopsians were part of the Kaiyodo Capsule Q series.  My personal opinion is that Kaiyodo minis pretty much blows away any of the Takara's in terms of sculpt and colouration.

ceratopsian

The Anchiornis is a winner, though I'm not sure I would want to buy the entire set to acquire it.  The "impaled by Stegosaurus spike tail" is a neat idea.  Not surprisingly (given my name!), I'm very partial to the Capsule Q ceratopsian set.  Lovely photos, as usual.

Shonisaurus

I recommend Kaiyodo's capsule of ceraptosides is a beauty to have on the shelves. I bought Brett more than half a year ago and I am delighted with the whole.

Thank you for your photos Boki are as always excellent.

Digibasherx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 27, 2018, 03:41:28 PM
I recommend Kaiyodo's capsule of ceraptosides is a beauty to have on the shelves. I bought Brett more than half a year ago and I am delighted with the whole.

Thank you for your photos Boki are as always excellent.

I picked up a set last year in Asia, but missing the actual Triceratops (both versions), ended up getting the Triceratops and Trex box set to compensate.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 26, 2018, 08:56:58 PM
  :D Beautiful sets, Boki. Nice pictures!

A few remarks:
- The first set you've shown is the second CapsuleQ set made by Kaiyodo, simply called "Triceratops".
- Your second set was made for the 2012 Expo called "Dino Kingdom".
- Yes, the star of the third set is definitely the Anchiornis, and one might mention that there's a brown version of the T. rex skeleton,
   which is the secret figure.

The Horror! OMG, I can't believe I screwed this one up! Thank you so much for the correction, I went back and added the info you gave me! :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: