You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 25, 2018, 03:03:04 AM
I hated that logo on the Discovery Kids/Jakks Pacific figures, but I eventually realized that the logo is just a sticker. If you peel it off, there's just a flat circle the same color as the figure, which is much less obtrusive. I personally prefer them that way (I still have that Othnielia/Othnielosaurus because nobody else will make one!). Probably makes it worth less, but they're not terribly sought after anyway.

Yeah, I hated it as well :))

Bokisaurus

I thought I end this week with these last photo of these two figures.
I am not that familiar with these figures unfortunately, but I think they were released by Lontic, can someone confirm? I do know that there are more figures from the series, some cool one. I originally got the Caudipteryx figure way back a few years since it was something new. I later got the Stego and iguanodon later, and at a much cheaper price ^-^
They re hard to find, and often expensive so I never pursued the the rest of the series. This versions are both in Spanish and English, so I'm assuming it was produced overseas.
The series is just called Discovery Dinos, not sure of there is a connection with the Discovery Channel.

They are nicely sculpted really, and nice paint job as well. Figures are large and articulated.

Okay, hope you enjoyed this weeks post, and thanks for looking. Any info on these guys would be great.
Until next week, everyone have a fabulous weekend, cheers! :D

RobinGoodfellow

Shonisaurus

They are very beautiful figures, even for a collector I have the giganotosaurus based on a paleoartistic recreation. In fact they are all based on paloartĂ­sticas representations and I can assure you that I am not disappointed. It's good, nice and cheap. Highly recommended these figures even for adults.

Halichoeres

Lontic is one US distributor for those figures, but they go by all kinds of names: Happy Kin, Kid Galaxy, etc. I don't really know the original manufacturer, but a batch that I ordered from China had "Xidi" on the package.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

For my part I know the Lontic company had a toy store in my neighborhood (they closed due to lack of customers or because they could not pay the rent of the store) and bought in their day three or four years ago (I do not remember very well but I know it was in December) the figure of the giganotosaurus.

I thought at first that it was a Spanish company that made those figures, but I'm not sure.

Jose S.M.

I really like the ornithopod, it's supposed to be an Iguanodon? (I think I saw it labelled like that one time)

PhilSauria

I think the brown stripey one has 'Iguanodon' on the underside somewhere (can't check at the moment) but I have quite a few of these figures.Takes me back to when I began to seriously seek out Dinosaur figures about five years ago I guess and found many of these for a few dollars each in a discount bin at a local Toy store. They were just sent a job lot and could not order any others - what they had was what you got. To my eye the design of them falls part way between Schleich and Chap Mei, depending on the animal, some being more stylised than others. The Sauropods in this range are quite nicely done, for what they are (Brachio and Argentino).

Bokisaurus

Quote from: PhilSauria on April 30, 2018, 03:23:09 AM
I think the brown stripey one has 'Iguanodon' on the underside somewhere (can't check at the moment) but I have quite a few of these figures.Takes me back to when I began to seriously seek out Dinosaur figures about five years ago I guess and found many of these for a few dollars each in a discount bin at a local Toy store. They were just sent a job lot and could not order any others - what they had was what you got. To my eye the design of them falls part way between Schleich and Chap Mei, depending on the animal, some being more stylised than others. The Sauropods in this range are quite nicely done, for what they are (Brachio and Argentino).

Yes, it is an Iguanodon figure, and it's nice one as well. I really like the line, too bad they are a bit pricy and hard to get in the USA. I really love the Suchomimus ( or was it a Bary?).

Lanthanotus

Nice Iguanodon figure, though it more looks like a Tenontosaurus or something like that to me. Never seen such figures before.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 30, 2018, 07:19:31 PM
Nice Iguanodon figure, though it more looks like a Tenontosaurus or something like that to me. Never seen such figures before.

I agree it might pass for other species, I would like to track it down sometime.

Bokisaurus

Hey hey Dinofans, another week, time for another Collection post. Hope you all had a nice weekend.
Today, we will look at a set of Expo figures from Capcom, a Japanese ( of course!) company that process many figures, dinosaurs are just a small percent of their products.
These set is part of the official Expo sets that seems to be a common thing in Japan every time there is a show or Expo. I can only wish that it was the same here ;D
These figures are older, mostly released in 2009. They are resin in material and are small.
They come packaged in beautiful boxes with foam inside to protect the figures.
As far as I know, there are 6 figures total, with Tyrannosaurus having two color variant ( of course! We are used to this now, right?).
All the text are in Japanese mostly, so hard to really read all the info.
# of the figures, the Gigantoraptor, Edmontosaurus, and Guanlong are from the Expo called The Miracle of Desert 2009. I'm not sure about the rest though since there are not that much english text to go by. All are nice figure, but the standout are the Guanlong (my favorite version of this species), Gigantoraptor ( nice companion to the PNSO), the Mamenchi and Edmontosaurus are nice but a bit plain. The Rex and Spino are okay, but nothing too exciting about this two.

The packaging art and inside of the box

The trio from The Miracle of Desert Expo 2009

And the other 3 figures

I have the blu version of the rex, much more colorful than the brown version. The Spinosaurus I got from UK recently ^-^, Thanks so much for the opportunity to complete this set.
In closing, I really like these figures and glad I was able to acquire them. I got most of them years ago, and never tried to complete the set until recently when UK sold off his collection. That's how I got the Spino.

Well, hope you enjoyed this post. In the next few days I will post other boxed figures from similar themed lines. Till t hen, thanks for looking, Cheers! :D

stegosauria

Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 23, 2018, 06:43:55 PM

Hi there,
Not sure if there is a difference between ordering directly from the artist of via Likaon. I have always ordered directly from Joan himself.
He is an architect by trade a nd  his model making is a sideline that he does when he has the time, so that explains the very limited production of his figures and early retirement of many of them. Plus, it's a one man production ;)
As for the okapis
[]
From left to right, KMI vinyl figures, Bullyland, CollectA,
schleich, Papa, and the two last ones to the right is the Safari ones. Baby is by Schleich I think.
Cheers! :)

On Likaon site a painted Sivatherium costs 135$. I don't know if this contains shipping but I'd be curious about the difference if there was any for you. Thanks for the infos about the okapis. Now I'm sorry earlier didn't bought any okapi figure. I don't collect extant animals because to collect prehistoric figures is enough considering space and money. But I could take an exception about okapis. Now it will be hard to get any of them.

Your collection is beautiful and really diverse. I like the Stegosaurus and the Iguanodon which you showed last week. But this CapCom figures are stunning too.

Shonisaurus

The dinosaurs of the Capcom Expo in my case I got them in 2017 thanks to monsterhouse (guanlong and gigantoraptor) and in this year 2018 thanks to UK (the edmontosaurus, mamenchisaurus, blue and yellow tyrannosaurus) and spinosaurus thanks to a seller of eBay this year and for a very low price too. I am grateful to both U K and the rest of the vendors that have the entire Expo Capcom collection, they are fabulous and I can not say that I congratulate you for your figures and your Boki photos.  :)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: stegosauria on April 30, 2018, 10:41:24 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 23, 2018, 06:43:55 PM

Hi there,
Not sure if there is a difference between ordering directly from the artist of via Likaon. I have always ordered directly from Joan himself.
He is an architect by trade a nd  his model making is a sideline that he does when he has the time, so that explains the very limited production of his figures and early retirement of many of them. Plus, it's a one man production ;)
As for the okapis
[]
From left to right, KMI vinyl figures, Bullyland, CollectA,
schleich, Papa, and the two last ones to the right is the Safari ones. Baby is by Schleich I think.
Cheers! :)

On Likaon site a painted Sivatherium costs 135$. I don't know if this contains shipping but I'd be curious about the difference if there was any for you. Thanks for the infos about the okapis. Now I'm sorry earlier didn't bought any okapi figure. I don't collect extant animals because to collect prehistoric figures is enough considering space and money. But I could take an exception about okapis. Now it will be hard to get any of them.

Your collection is beautiful and really diverse. I like the Stegosaurus and the Iguanodon which you showed last week. But this CapCom figures are stunning too.

Hi Stegosauria,
Thanks for the compliment. I looked at the price of the figure, looks like there is no difference in the cost between direct front the Artist or web. Shipping is separate and not included in the price unfortunately, so it will vary depending on where it is sent.
Yes, love Okapis! I think a few of these are still available. The CollectA and the Bullyland, and even the Schleich I think are still around. Of them, the CollectA may be the easiest to fine. Cheers!

Bokisaurus

Today I have only one figure to post. This is the Szechuanosaurus boxed figure from Kaiyodo. Now, I have to admit I don't know much about this figure at all. It looks like it's another expo/show exclusive figure. On the box it say
The Wondrous World Of Dinosaurs 2004 Official Miniature Model. Does anyone know if this is the only figure or are there more to this series?
The figure is based on the illustration of Raul Martin and he is given credit on the front of the box.

Box art

I got this figure years ago as it was the only representation of the species back then, and it was also sold at a cheap price :))
It's a nice little figure, very well detailed and the colors are nicely done. It disp[lays well with he Capcom figures.

Tomorrow I will post a pair of another box set figures, till then, cheers!

Shonisaurus

By the way I think that the Szechuanosaurus of Kaiyodo is one of the only ones that exist in the toy market. It is a dinosaur as well as others very scarcely represented in the market even among the resin figures. Thanks for your photos that are always appreciated Boki.

Halichoeres

I believe this same expo also had:

Chuanjiesaurus
Chuanjiesaurus
Microraptor
Microraptor skeleton
Psittacosaurus

Not sure if I'm missing any, but they were all about the same size, resin figures a bit larger than a typical Kaiyodo. I have the Psittacosaurus and it's a wonderful piece.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 01, 2018, 11:12:21 PM
I believe this same expo also had:

Chuanjiesaurus
Chuanjiesaurus
Microraptor
Microraptor skeleton
Psittacosaurus

Not sure if I'm missing any, but they were all about the same size, resin figures a bit larger than a typical Kaiyodo. I have the Psittacosaurus and it's a wonderful piece.

I was about to say the same thing! I also have the Chin life model (the other is a skeleton) and the life model Microraptor (as well as the Szechuan). All are great.

Shonisaurus

Obviously models of dinosaurs and other prehistoric resin animals are much more expensive but are usually much more precise and better finished and that without the articulated jaws and a noble material (resin for example) and are figures of better quality due to the material mentioned in most cases. It is the positive thing that resin models have in most cases.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: