News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bullyland figures

Started by juju1305, July 25, 2012, 07:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

Quote from: juju1305 on December 25, 2012, 09:40:31 AM
Quote from: stoneage on December 25, 2012, 03:16:32 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 25, 2012, 12:00:28 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on December 24, 2012, 01:09:34 PM
Wasn't that Iguanodon just added two years ago? Not a long run. Maybe I should pick one up.
It's an ok figure, not their best, but a heck of a lot better than their horrible theropods.
Despite the super bright colors, it's a really good figure. There's a really good review on the blog. I think bullyland might be disengaging from the prehistoric animals altogether. That would be a shame.
Wow, that is a disappointment to hear :( Bullyland have done some good figures in the past :(

Still their Theropods are better then the Schleich figures and most of the the early CollectA Theropods, and even a lot of the Carnegie Theropods.

When you consider that the current t-Rex came out just a few years after the original Carnegie one, what a difference it made! The liliensternus is superb, so is the retro style deinonychus. Now some of the recent theropods are terrible. The spino has a fine body but the worst head ever. Same thing for the giga whose body is superb but the head looks really cheap.

I tend to agree, that's probably why I don have the Spino or Giga.

Splonkadumpocus

I got the Eusmilus last fall to fill out my White River Badlands collection, and I've recently ordered a Chalicotherium both because Miocene animals are rare and because chalicotheres are just that bizarre.

Megalosaurus

Hi.

Got some Bullylands from Dejankins. Sorry, i took the pics with my cell phone and it is not good at focusing.

Parathypothorax. A beautiful unusual figure. 

Stegosaurus. Its my favorite of the group. Really beautiful figure, even if the colours are to flashy. The same could be said of the Bullyland yellow-neon orange iguanodon.

Bullyland Ankylosaurus. Sadly with paint wear.

The rare Procynosuchus. With postcard.

I have many other Bullylands, but those ones are my recent purchases.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Sauropodlet

I was aware that Bullyland was making some of its lines in China; are they still producing animals and dinosaurs in Germany or has that moved on as well?

Any idea what year the divide was if it's happened?

stoneage

:)  Where can I get the Procynosuchus post card?

SBell

Quote from: stoneage on March 21, 2014, 10:59:30 PM

If you ordered from Dejankins he included one (kind of like the Spinophorosaurus magnet that was included with that one). Or possibly the museum itself?

Megalosaurus

Quote from: SBell on March 21, 2014, 11:02:33 PM
Quote from: stoneage on March 21, 2014, 10:59:30 PM
If you ordered from Dejankins he included one [...]
YES, Dean included one free.
Does the Protochirotherium come with a suvenir like the Spinophorosaurus & Procynosuchus do?

Takama

No it does not.  Unless you count the Tag with German Words on it

Libraraptor

The animal on the postcard is from the great diorama in the museum.
It was the base for the Bullyland figure. The beautiful diorama also shows a Procynosuchus carcas, burrowing Dicynodonts and a gorgonopsid.

I don´t exactly know where to get that postcard, but you can ask here:

http://www.museum-korbach.de/

[email protected]

They can help you.

Everything_Dinosaur

Nice Bullyland models, thanks for the pics some personal favourites there.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur has the new Bullyland Lambeosaurus figure in stock as well as the Europasaurus which arrived about four weeks ago.  We will get up reviews and video of Lambeosaurus once we have cleared our teaching and research back log.

Bullyland Lambeosaurus can be viewed here: Bullyland Lambeosaurus Model

Daspletodave

Some pics of the new Bullyland Lambeosaurus and Europasaurus. I particularly like the Lambeosaurus, who appears to be caught in mid stride as he saunters to the next patch of leafy greens. The head is very nicely done with the characteristic duck bill and the distinctive hatchet head crest.
The Lambeosaurus is painted ocre with a blue/black band along the spine.
I assume he's 1:30 scale like most Bullyland dinos, although the scale is not marked on the dino or the hang tag.
The Europasaurus is marked 1:30 scale (on its belly) and is painted a light brown with dark brown spots, and a light violet belly. This is much better than the catalog pic which made it look almost white. The Europasaurus was a dwarf dinosaur related to the brachiosaurs. Its dwarfism was an adaptation to living on a small island with limited food supply.
The Lambeosaurus is one of the larger plastic hadrosaurs out there, while the Europasaurus is one of the smaller sauropod models.

Megalosaurus

I like your Lambeosaurus. Yes it looks like happy duck.
May be I'll adquire it next year, but not the Europasaurus, I pass on it.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur's video review of the Bullyland Museum Line 2014 Lambeosaurus dinosaur model: Bullyland Lambeosaurus
In this short video, 5  minutes and 33 seconds long we review this model, discuss the difficulties in identifying Lambeosaurines from fossil evidence and of course, we discuss that bizarre crest.

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Megalosaurus on April 30, 2014, 12:37:12 AM
I like your Lambeosaurus. Yes it looks like happy duck.
May be I'll adquire it next year, but not the Europasaurus, I pass on it.

Yes, the Europasaurus is not that good.

Everything_Dinosaur

Bullyland in Germany have informed us (Everything Dinosaur) that they don't intend to launch any new prehistoric animal models in 2015.  There are also no plans to retire any of the existing figures.  In 2014, Bullyland added a Lambeosaurus and a Europasaurus to their prehistoric animal model range, but there will be no new additions next year.  As we understand the situation, there are a number of potential new models on the drawing board, but nothing has been given the go ahead at the moment.

This policy will be looked at again in 2015 and there might be some changes to the model line up announced later.

Chad

That's a shame. Bullyland's figures of Triassic critters are some of my favorites and I always look forward to seeing what they'll come up with. Here's hoping we get a surprise commission like the protochriotherium last year.

Arul

Ohh thanks for the info, their 2014 figures is pretty awesome  :)

Roselaar

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on November 20, 2014, 02:01:19 PM
Bullyland in Germany have informed us (Everything Dinosaur) that they don't intend to launch any new prehistoric animal models in 2015.  There are also no plans to retire any of the existing figures.  In 2014, Bullyland added a Lambeosaurus and a Europasaurus to their prehistoric animal model range, but there will be no new additions next year.  As we understand the situation, there are a number of potential new models on the drawing board, but nothing has been given the go ahead at the moment.

This policy will be looked at again in 2015 and there might be some changes to the model line up announced later.

Sad to hear it. This year's fine Bullysaurs sure whetted my appetite for more. However, considering all the goodness that comes our way next year, my wallet applauds Bullyland's decision to take a break. :)

Gwangi

Quote from: Roselaar on November 20, 2014, 09:00:39 PM
Sad to hear it. This year's fine Bullysaurs sure whetted my appetite for more. However, considering all the goodness that comes our way next year, my wallet applauds Bullyland's decision to take a break. :)

Agreed, I still have to buy the two 2014 releases! I'm always playing catch-up.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: