News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Any Recommendations on good Carcharodontosaurus models.

Started by Beegfood, January 18, 2018, 07:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beegfood

Could you help me finding a nice Carcharodontosaurus model except for the CollectA or Safari version?

Halichoeres

Those two are the only ones that are any good, unless you're looking for high-end model kits.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Beegfood

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 18, 2018, 09:37:20 PM
Those two are the only ones that are any good, unless you're looking for high-end model kits.

If they are under 40€ I would also buy unpainted models. (I cant make kits)

Katieraptor

Shapeways might have something.

The Wild Safari Giga could do if you're just looking for a high quality carcharodontosaurid.
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Halichoeres

Quote from: Beegfood on January 19, 2018, 01:38:21 PM

Afraid not, on both counts. You can have it shipped to a professional kit builder, but then it's likely to be over $400.

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/carcharodontosaurus-resin-kit-by-mo-models/

The cheapest Carcharo on Shapeways is this one:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/FLU7K85M7/carcharodontosaurus-1-72-v1?optionId=43111316&li=marketplace
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Beegfood

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 19, 2018, 06:25:06 PM
Quote from: Beegfood on January 19, 2018, 01:38:21 PM

Afraid not, on both counts. You can have it shipped to a professional kit builder, but then it's likely to be over $400.

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/carcharodontosaurus-resin-kit-by-mo-models/

The cheapest Carcharo on Shapeways is this one:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/FLU7K85M7/carcharodontosaurus-1-72-v1?optionId=43111316&li=marketplace

Thanks for answering!
I might get the Shapeways one...

Syndicate Bias

sadly there was a nice carcha from an Asian company called Trilobite Studio look it up, Trilobite Studio Carcharodontosaurus i tried to look for it, but taobao is your best bet in which there's one for 325 dollars or so according to acro man. other than that they have a version 2 that you can find on EBay for 220 dollars or so i believe

Beegfood

Quote from: SyndicateBias on March 13, 2018, 06:46:48 AM
sadly there was a nice carcha from an Asian company called Trilobite Studio look it up, Trilobite Studio Carcharodontosaurus i tried to look for it, but taobao is your best bet in which there's one for 325 dollars or so according to acro man. other than that they have a version 2 that you can find on EBay for 220 dollars or so i believe

If you still find it, could you give me al link for the ebay one, I dont find it. :'(

Syndicate Bias

my bad i didn't get noticed you replied  :-\

But it seems someone found it for you, if you want a link to the first version which in my opinion is way better lemme know, its not in print anymore and like i said there's one on taobao for 300+ dollars

Shonisaurus

Shapeways carcharodontosaurus is fabulous, good, beautiful and cheap.  8)

I would buy it if I was not committed to products from Mojo, Soutlands, Vitae, PNSO (I cross my fingers that this year do something), Rebor and Favorite. It involves many expenses open more fronts in the purchase of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals.

Syndicate Bias

I've tried shape ways i cant get past the material my carcharodontosaurus was made of lol, There's such a lack of the dinosaur in high end lines i hope rebor or papo or vitae make one. I did ask Tat if he would and he said too early but will consider around 2019

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SyndicateBias on March 15, 2018, 11:38:13 PM
I've tried shape ways i cant get past the material my carcharodontosaurus was made of lol, There's such a lack of the dinosaur in high end lines i hope rebor or papo or vitae make one. I did ask Tat if he would and he said too early but will consider around 2019

We need more carcharodontosaurus from other toy companies, those three companies that you mention would be awesome carcharodontosaurus.

Unfortunately, you do not mention PNSO for what I interpret that perhaps it has not yet recovered as a company after internal dissensions. I hope that this company will definitely disappear from the market, making very good figures.

Syndicate Bias

i have some pictures of PNSO's Giganotosaurus and its gorgeous, i hope it gets to see the light of day. But im.hoping the Carcharodontosaurus makes it too, i can see rebor make a deluxe diorama similar to the acro with the raptors instesd it would be a spino against a carcha. im sure they will get to it eventually i hope.

as for Tat, he's the Vitae owner/maker i believe, so if he said hell think about it 2019 you never know maybe we do have a hint at a Vitae Carcha for 2020 (:

Trilobite studios did a good one which is what my picture is but they stopped making it so it sucks.

mgaguilar

Please post 'em! I'd love to see them along with Simon's post about the Spino.

Shonisaurus

It is undoubtedly a precious Ghentotosaurus of PNSO comparable in genius to that of Vitae. I hope that someday it will be marketed that great brand interrupted although as has been commented in the forum there are indications of hope that the PNSO production will restart.  :)

Syndicate Bias

Jose S.M.

I would love to get those. I'm still trying to decide if I get the Safari Giga, it's a really nice figure but the way the mouth is opened very wide bothers me a bit.

Shonisaurus

The carcharodontosaurus of the Trilobite brand exceeds all its counterparts, although it is true that it is made of a resin material and therefore a nobler material than PVC.  :))

Giganotosaurus PNSO is even superior to that of the Vitae brand. If that magnificent figure is produced in the event that PNSO returns to restart production and produce the discontinued figures, it would make companies like Papo or Rebor forced to make much more effort to make outstanding figures of that figure.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: