You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PhilSauria's Paleo Plastic Collection

Started by PhilSauria, January 23, 2018, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Thanks for viewing and the comments Shonisaurus, but that Caudipteryx can still be found at Ali Express for not that much at all.

PhilSauria

Another batch of new additions to the collection.

The Thrash n Throw rex, which looks quite impressive and oddly enough has those seams that look more pronounced in photos than they do when you are looking at the actual figure. I know the various Tyrannosaurs are all supposed to be based on the same sculpt but to my eye the curve on the neck on this one just looks more dynamic.

Especially from the angle at which I view it on display, sharing the top of a bookcase with a row of Ceratopsians at the end of 'Sauropod Alley', the other bookcase - covered in Sauropods. The rex scales okay next to the Collecta styracosaur.

Then and now - did a comparison between the red rex and the latest piece of Jurassic merch and they are about the same length

Finally added another Battat with the arrival of this one. A line I had overlooked and will try to add more. Current tally is now 5.

I have had my eye on this one for some time and found the best price at Hobby Link Japan. An Allosaurus with lips, something that you don't see that often.

And I seem to have started a collection of Lontic minis, picked up on the cheap or included with their standard figures.

Thanks for checking these out. Can't be much more of the actual collection to post by now.

Shonisaurus

The resin allosaurus is majestic. It's the one I'd like for someone to make a toy dinosaur company. It is a paleoartística work of high estánding.

Bokisaurus

Nice additions, I always liked that desktop allosaurus.

PhilSauria

More acquisitions!

First one came from inside the house! - our son has been cleaning out his room and these two Carnegie first versions emerged from a box that had been at the back of a cupboard. Can't even recall buying these, though it would have been years ago. He's not that much interested in Dinosaurs now, unless they appear in a video game. These two are in pretty good nick too.

The rest of these did arrive via the usual route (out of a postal delivery van and onto the front step) - the first of two co-incidental examples of scale with Liopleurodons in large and small size. The smaller Safari I'd been meaning to pick up for a while, scratch that one off the list now. The biggie, old blue eyes, is the Playful House version, similar to but not the same as, the Collecta figure.

Next really big and a really small Sauropods. Generally don't pick up smaller figures but something appealed about this Diplodocus. Rather dwarfed by the PNSO Lufengosaurus!! Managed to get the slightly better fed version rather than the quite emaciated brown one. Started seeking out out PNSO figures when their fortunes were on the waver, just in case they became really hard to find, and therefore even more expensive than they already are.

Really wasn't taken with the eyes on the big fellow so I gave them a makeover. Looks a bit more like a fearsome predator now.

Few figures on the way for the next post, another PNSO and the green version of the Kaiyodo Tyrannosaur.

Halichoeres

Yeah, the washes on the first run of the PNSO Lufengo really made its scrawniness worse. This one looks maybe a bit flat, but at least less hollow.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PhilSauria

Some new additions just in over the past week.

Another PNSO biggie, bringing the tally of these to six now (must do a group shot soon). I've seen this one topple over in a couple of review videos but fortunately the one I have seems to be quite steady. Luck of the draw really.

This one, by Kaiyodo and available in a few colour schemes, is now in hand. Joints were a bit stiff on arrival (I've been on plane trips like that!) but some exposure to the hair dryer and it was good to go. A moment or two of trial and error but I found the sweet spot to get that horizontal pose.

Wasn't going to buy this one but I kept seeing it while looking for the elusive Mosasaur (which I'm sure now will be a no-show down here - and too expensive to ship in) so I thought, it's there on the shelf now and if I change my mind later it will be harder to get hold of, the cost will certainly go up and the shipping would be the deal-breaker so I put it on lay by. Half a dozen payments and two months later and here it is. Still in the box in the corner as it takes up slightly less space than if I assembled the thing. Not sure where I'll put it but at least I have it. Can anyone confirm that this is the biggest Tyrannosaur figure ever released?

Thanks for looking in.

Simon

I can't recall ever seeing a TRex toy figure that was close to being this large.  I think that the old Dinoriders TRex or the JP II Bull TRex were the previous champions in this category ... this one makes them look puny by comparison!!!  :o :o :o

Shonisaurus

I am very glad PhilSauria that you have received the Tyrannosaurus, especially that of Kaiyodo.

I ordered the three tyrannosaurs from Kaiyodo 2018 plus dinosaurs and prehistoric animals from Favorite and to my misfortune they are being held at customs since last July 6th. They were sent to me on June 28 and the customs service that is related to the postal services of my nation has retained them. How I would like to have them in my hands!

PhilSauria

Been meaning to add some Pterosaurs, don't think I have as yet just have to make time to photograph them - in the mean time I thought I'd add a 'family photo' of the current state of the PNSO collection.

It has taken quite a while and some hunting (and we'll just skip over the money bit!!!) to assemble as many as I have, becoming more of a mission once I learnt that these are now out of production. Not sure how many more I'll be able to get as subsequent searches (currently after the Euhelopus) have not flushed out the quarry or have been listed with a price tag beyond the amount I am prepared to pay for some of these.

ceratopsian

As usual, you have arranged your group to best advantage in terms of balance!  Everything Dinosaur still has stock of the Euhelopus at £34.99 - but of course postage would be pricey.

Quote from: PhilSauria on August 05, 2018, 02:26:40 AM
.........in the mean time I thought I'd add a 'family photo' of the current state of the PNSO collection.

It has taken quite a while and some hunting (and we'll just skip over the money bit!!!) to assemble as many as I have, becoming more of a mission once I learnt that these are now out of production. Not sure how many more I'll be able to get as subsequent searches (currently after the Euhelopus) have not flushed out the quarry or have been listed with a price tag beyond the amount I am prepared to pay for some of these.

PhilSauria

Thanks for the compliment, and the tip. Did the conversion and it comes to $61 AU, and that's without the shipping so that's probably not an option unfortunately. I used to order quite a bit from ED but then the shipping prices seemed to rise alarmingly and that was that. Local supplier Mini Zoo is my go-to for most things and I'm lucky that they stock most of the major lines, but PNSO is not among them. Apparently they tried to strike a deal with PNSO but there were too many issues and it all fell through.

ceratopsian

This might be a better option: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IMSEHLO

The seller is Yiniao (i.e. PNSO's distributor) and the cost is US $39.99 with free shipping from China.  I've bought from Yiniao on Amazon before without a hitch.

Quote from: PhilSauria on August 05, 2018, 08:32:49 AM
Thanks for the compliment, and the tip. Did the conversion and it comes to $61 AU, and that's without the shipping so that's probably not an option unfortunately. I used to order quite a bit from ED but then the shipping prices seemed to rise alarmingly and that was that. Local supplier Mini Zoo is my go-to for most things and I'm lucky that they stock most of the major lines, but PNSO is not among them. Apparently they tried to strike a deal with PNSO but there were too many issues and it all fell through.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 05, 2018, 01:28:58 PM

The seller is Yiniao (i.e. PNSO's distributor) and the cost is US $39.99 with free shipping from China.  I've bought from Yiniao on Amazon before without a hitch.

Seconded. This is also where I got most of my PNSO figures, although there was a good long stretch where none were on Amazon.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PhilSauria

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 05, 2018, 01:28:58 PM

Quote from: PhilSauria on August 05, 2018, 08:32:49 AM

Thanks for the tip but they don't seem to have the Euhelopus which was the one that I am after. Basilosaurus is way too expensive, not interested in the rex (do not like the sculpt or pose) and the Meg is very hard to find. The search continues...

ceratopsian

How annoying!  When I followed the link yesterday, it took me straight through to Euhelopus.  I agree it now leads to a T-rex.  Sorry to have raised any hopes!

Jose S.M.

Probably is out of stock, now we have to wait and see how stable is the international distribution they announced, hopefully they will restock it.

Bokisaurus

It reallyiq something to see all of the PNSO figures all together.  ;)

PhilSauria

Been a while but here are some new acquisitions and some group shots incorporating some of them.
This lot arrived in a package from Mini Zoo last week after two months of lay by payments. The Unitatherium didn't immediately grab my attention but after having one in my possession now I'm really impressed by the detail, pose and the very naturalistic look of this animal, and a similar impression was to be had from the Gompotherium, truly a bizarre looking beast and a tad larger than anticipated.

The Ceratosaurus sizes up well with the other two larger specimens of this species

There were some odd looking Dinosaurs but they didn't have the monopoly on odd appearance as this group of mammals demonstrates.

Does it take more than two animals to constitute a herd?

...or more than two to make a pack?

And a trio of peculiar Pachyderms.

Thanks for looking in.

Libraraptor

Wow, stunning pics!  Especially those PNSOs are very,  very cool!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: