You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PhilSauria's Paleo Plastic Collection

Started by PhilSauria, January 23, 2018, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Thanks for all of the comments - they made my day!, especially yours avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime!

I like looking at images of groups of figures and try to provide the same opportunity for others.

Working on a review of the Opthalmosaurus for the DTB at the moment.

Shonisaurus

The ophthalmosaurus of PNSO is one of my expected figures, mine is on the way so it is to be grateful for a review of the figure of such extinct marine reptile of the Jurassic.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: PhilSauria on February 10, 2019, 08:53:59 PM
Thanks for all of the comments - they made my day!, especially yours avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime!

I like looking at images of groups of figures and try to provide the same opportunity for others.

Working on a review of the Opthalmosaurus for the DTB at the moment.

Awesome that you got it and thanks for the shot with the other critters, it really helps with giving an idea of how big it is.
Looking forward to your review of it... the blog will have a  PNSO buffet ^-^

Halichoeres

Wow, that Ophthalmosaurus is a bruiser! Must be quite a presence on the shelf.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PhilSauria

Newly arrived this past week was the last of the classic Mammoths from the major brands that I wanted for my herd, this big guy from Bullyland. It is sometimes said that some figures impress more on having them right in front of you than seeing them in photos - this is one of those instances for me. I like the brown shadings throughout the fur and the glistening black eyes.

Here it is slotted in between the Safari Mastodon and Favorite Co Mammoth on a shelf that the ancient Elephants, well mostly Mammoths, have just about to themselves, keeping an eye on a couple of ambitious Hyaenodons.

suspsy

What are those four mammoths to the right of the Bullyland one? I can't recognize them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PhilSauria

Left to right on the right hand side of the Bullyland we have; Favorite Co, Wild Republic, Mojo and Papo.

RobinGoodfellow

I'm happy to see that you have a prehistoric mammals shelf  ^-^
Megafauna need more love on DTF  ;)

:)

Minmiminime

"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

PhilSauria

Yes I like all prehistoric fauna, not exclusively Dinosaurs, though they make up the majority of the figures that I have there is also space for Pterosaurs, marine reptiles and mammals. Here is the other side of the mammals shelf. (The Daeodon kept falling over so I made a base for it. I am not so anti-base as some collectors)

Minmiminime

That's awesome! They all look so great together ;D I don't mind a base so much these days, they give manufacturers more posing options for their figures - but I prefer it if they're removable  ;) I'm not averse to making my own either, but it's been a very long time since I've done so. I've currently got the CollectA swimming Spinosaurus balanced on the posing rod and base of the BOTM Velociraptor to stop it's wrists from distorting, I should probably consider making something more suitable🤔
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

What I see good about your PhilSauria collection is that you have the figures classified according to the species of prehistoric animal. That is to say, in this case, you have all the megafauna on a shelf, sincerely, as Robin says, you need much more attention in DTF, the Cenozoic megafauna.

suspsy

Quote from: PhilSauria on February 24, 2019, 04:59:55 AM
Left to right on the right hand side of the Bullyland we have; Favorite Co, Wild Republic, Mojo and Papo.

Feel free to submit review of the Favorite and Wild Republic ones in future if it pleases you!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PhilSauria

As a tribute / memorial on the demise of Bullyland I went along my shelves and pulled out all of the figures I had from them (more than I thought) for a family portrait.

Shonisaurus

I am happy to have almost the entire collection of Bullyland (I still lack mammoth breeding) and have bought all the figures at a price of "bargain" considering that prices will go up in the eBay market as happened with the dinosaurs of Battat. The disappearance of Bullyland means a sad end for an outstanding company. Rest in peace.

Halichoeres

I've always liked that Apatosaurus in particular. That's a nice selection. However, no Lambeosaurus??
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

mgaguilar

Stunning herd of Mammoths avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria!
These are my goals if I ever intend to start to grab these beauties!
I think the Carnegie Woolly Mammoth will be the one to kick it off once I solidify my other species to collect at the moment.

Libraraptor

Yes, the good old Bullyland times. *sighs*

PhilSauria

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 24, 2019, 01:51:10 PM
I've always liked that Apatosaurus in particular. That's a nice selection. However, no Lambeosaurus??

Was never able to get hold of the Lambeosaurus, but the one that I particularly wanted was the Mastodonsaurus. The few times I saw one of these listed the asking price was more than I was prepared to pay - and I imagine that is only going to become more the norm now that the company is no more and their product is now a finite commodity.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: