You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PhilSauria's Paleo Plastic Collection

Started by PhilSauria, January 23, 2018, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

..watching your pictures, you convinced me to buy the Recur Iguanodon (but maybe I'll call it Camptosaurus...  ;) ).

PhilSauria

Lanthanotus, the Apatosaurus is the unpainted one that I bought from you last year; it just looked too pale & ghostly so I gave it a paint job. But I suspect you may have already guessed that...

RG, yeah I have about four Recur animals. A lot of them look a little like slowly deflating parade balloons but there are a few worth having, well that I liked anyhow. The Iguanodon, Ouranosaurus, Mosasaurus and Triceratops (the one with head up and mouth open, the other one - pass).

Lanthanotus

Hehe, I saw you renewed the paint of the Bullyland, but wouldn't have guessed you did so with the Apatosaurus. Actually I do not exactly know how the genuine painted Invicta looked, but it seems you did quite a good job, it looks great :)

PhilSauria

Been a couple of days so here are some more off the shelves and onto this thread.
Big Red has been with me for quite a while, since the 90s in fact (and I should dust him more often!).

Assorted Ceratopsians (at the risk of stating the obvious!).

The Wiben and Safari Great Dinos Stegos square off, the Wiben wondering why the other is 'out of uniform'.

Sauropods by, from top to bottom; Safari, Happinet, Summit and K&M.

I wonder how many collections don't have this rex?

Haven't put up any mammals for a few posts so here's some.

Until the next lot...

Mackeral

What a nice models, wonderful colours on the K&M sauropod.

RobinGoodfellow

..the Wiben Stegosaurus is surprisingly good.. uhmmmm...  ;)

PhilSauria

Quote from: Mackeral on February 08, 2018, 06:38:04 PM
What a nice models, wonderful colours on the K&M sauropod.
The K&M is actually the smaller one one with the spikes, the one you may be referring to is the Summit Collection figure on a base, just to avoid any misidentification.

Patrx

The Stegosaurus is indeed pretty nice - but the spinosaur and the Triceratops are both absolutely hilarious  ;D

PhilSauria

I know! - the Stegosaur is probably the best of a bad lot, but I like it, and a decent size for the price. Looks good on the shelf displayed next to the Safari GD model. I did spring for the Brachiosaurus as well, being a sucker for Sauropods. I think it's in an earlier posted image on this thread. I always keep an eye on the Chinasaurs because every now and then something half decent will creep in.

PhilSauria

Another half dozen images.
This Parasaur herd sort of grew up almost under the radar and now I'm heading for double figures in the head (crest?) count.

Sauropods from Collecta, Safari and Lontic.

The rest of the Mammoth herd; EoFauna, Wild Republic, Schleich, Collecta and Invicta.

Picked this one up in a gift shop while on vaction about ten years ago (another gift shop find). No price tag so I made an offer
and only years later did I find out I'd managed to pick up a bargain!

This Triceratops line up courtesy of Safari, Papo, PNSO and Recur.

A couple of Ceratosaurs, the only specimens of this animal in the collection.

Until next post...

Jose S.M.

Very nice photos, thanks for sharing them.

Shonisaurus

Now that I see the parasaurolophus figures of the different dinosaur companies I want to put them on my shelves not by companies but by species. It is very cool.  :P

Thanks for those photo beauties, on the other hand those ceratosaurus and triceratops are great.  :)

PhilSauria

Thanks for the comments. Shoni, my displays are a mixture of brands and species; the Mammoths and Parasaurs for instance are in herds while the complete (or soon to be) ranges like Kinto and Favorite and arranged together.

PhilSauria

Collection images batch 8.
This guy must be in many a collection by now. Mine stood fine on arrival and for weeks after, but having fallen on its face once too often this is how it is displayed now. Not glued on, the foot impressions are deep enough to hold it there.

A couple of my larger Triceratops.

A trio of ancient elephants, for want of a more scientific description!

Four Rhinos, from Papo (with minor customising), Wild Republic, Safari Ltd and Bullyland.

Pair of Postasuchus. I'm surprised that more brands don't have this animal in their range.

This guy really stretched the limits of my photo area and its neck reaches out way beyond the shelf it sits on.

Next time.

Jose S.M.

Lovely base for the Tyrannosaurus! I made one for mine, using deep footprints too, but I haven't even painted (so lazy), yours looks great.

PhilSauria

Thanks, but it pales in comparison to bases some of the other members have created, though even dressing it up with some cheap plastic palms from one of the Asian retailers makes a difference. (Picked up a bag of these trees for a very low price)

Shonisaurus

The base of the feathered Tyrannosaurus of Safari is a great idea to avoid falls and to remedy its lack of stability. A beautiful PhilSauria base.  8)

Halichoeres

That Mamenchisaurus is nigh-impossible to photograph! I always struggled with it myself when I owned it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PhilSauria

Here's a version excursion illustrating Schleich's renditions of this animal over the years (and I know about the little stripey one but I don't have it). This assembly of the ones that I do have was prompted by the arrival of the (soon to be retired?) Triceratops before the newest release. Not a figure that I have held in very high regard in the past and would not have acquired in all likelyhood were it not part of a batch I picked up, but now that I have one in hand I'm actually taking a shine to this mis-shapen Trike! Who'd have thought? It has not fared well at the hands of its sculptor (to my eyes) but that hasn't stopped it taking the dubious honor of being one of the most copied Triceratops figures in the bootleg market!
Has any other company made this many versions (5, counting the one absent from this family portrait) of the same species? I know Favorite has three Spinosaurs to their name. Aside from old lumpy at the back, who's kinda grey, depending on which light you have it in; Schleich do seem to find brown the colour of choice for these guys.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: