You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PhilSauria's Paleo Plastic Collection

Started by PhilSauria, January 23, 2018, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you PhilSauria for these beautiful dinosaurs and prehistoric animals repainted. The dimorphodon has come to life after painting a pupil in their eyes.  :D

PhilSauria

Collection post #12
Should have put that Carcharadont in a double pic with the CollectA, these two, though out of scale, still make an interesting pair.

Couple of big rubber Triceratops. The big green guy, along with the big red JP rex and the Huanghetitan are the three largest figures I have.

I  like Plesiosaurs & Elasmosaurs, maybe it's the long necks reminding me another favorite animal group...

A toothy trio of ancient carnivores.

Another trio - Carnegie Sauropods. I always lament the timing of the demise of this company and would have loved them to stick around long enough to deliver an update on the Apatosaurus. I'm sure the result would have been the Apatosaurus I'm (still) waiting for! Can't wait to see a Sauropod from Eofauna!!

Looks like the Safari and Fave Dunks are ganging up on the Schleich - but wait until the CollectA swims into view in a few months.

Thanks for viewing, 'till next time.

Shonisaurus

Nice photographs the Collecta neovenator and Safari carcharodontosaurus look magnificent in those photos, as well as the sets of prehistoric mammals, triceratops and plesiosaurs of different brands.

The sauropods are a magnificent set as well as the dunkleosteus for my part I am also waiting for these magnificent prehistoric animals from Collecta 2018 to be marketed in Europe, so I hope to add the dunkleosteus of that brand to my collection.

Thanks for the photos PhilSauria.  :)

PhilSauria

Collection post #13. It's been a while since I did one of these - too long. Getting harder to work out what I have and have not shown.
This guy is the current record holder for the most expensive figure that I've bought, but I'm glad I stretched the funds - really is the show-piece of the Sauropod herd!

Two new additions to the Iguanodon herd so updated pic required. (big thanks to Lanthanotus for the Invicta!)

The Smilodon tally has also gone up, by just one this time,with the Favorite Co joining the pack.

Marine reptiles, the two Futabasaurs in the collection. Never knew about the Happinet one until recently.

And a few more.

More Sauropods. Schleich comes in for some bagging but I do like these two, showing how much plastic the company is saving on the current version vs the original.

And lastly; can you call two animals a herd? Look at the detail on the head of the Lontic Pachy.

Not so long 'till the next one. Still a few critters to show.

Jose S.M.

Great photos. You're right about the head details on that Lontic Pachy, it's very good. I wish there were more Pachycephalosaurus figures.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on April 16, 2018, 12:12:28 PM
Great photos. You're right about the head details on that Lontic Pachy, it's very good. I wish there were more Pachycephalosaurus figures.

There are also the pachycephalosaurus of Bullyland, Collecta, Favorite Soft Model and Battat Boston Museum.

acro-man

Quote from: PhilSauria on April 16, 2018, 11:52:14 AM
This guy is the current record holder for the most expensive figure that I've bought, but I'm glad I stretched the funds - really is the show-piece of the Sauropod herd!

If it's not this BIG, the postage won't be 3 times as much as the model itself.
PNSO should make assembling parts like the Japanese companies do, if they really consider shipping overseas.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Shonisaurus

By the way Acro-man do the vinyl figures tend to break easily? I ask you because I think it is not the same material as PVC. Are they less resistant to the accidental fall of a shelf?

Bokisaurus

Quote from: PhilSauria on April 16, 2018, 11:52:14 AM
Collection post #13. It's been a while since I did one of these - too long. Getting harder to work out what I have and have not shown.

I'm glad that you got this titan, he is simply impressive and very much worth the price for me. It will only go up in value, better to have gotten it now.
Great collection, love seeing others collection and how they present them, give it a different view. :)

Lanthanotus

Haha, so you added that to your collection aswell?! Got mine just less than a week ago and "thanks" to shipping costs (from within the EU :/) it is my most expensive figure aswell. Nevertheless I like it a lot, though I've already customized it a tiny bit....

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 16, 2018, 05:09:19 PM
By the way Acro-man do the vinyl figures tend to break easily? I ask you because I think it is not the same material as PVC. Are they less resistant to the accidental fall of a shelf?

Well, I think this figure is very stable and can withstand some serious play.... my four year old played with it several hours and neither had I fear that it would break, nor did it receive any serious paint scratches if any. He also plays with my Kaiyodo Giant Salamander made from vinyl. In fact I am not completly sure what "vinyl" differs in technical terms from PVC (polyvinylchlorid) as both are elastic plastics of high durability... just, "vinyl" figures are hollow, so the production process is different,... but what else?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 16, 2018, 10:28:23 PM
In fact I am not completly sure what "vinyl" differs in technical terms from PVC (polyvinylchlorid) as both are elastic plastics of high durability... just, "vinyl" figures are hollow, so the production process is different,... but what else?

I've been reading on this a little bit, and I think that vinyl is almost always PVC, at least in the context of toy manufacture. Vinyl is a broader category that includes other ethylene-based polymers, but for toys the actual chemical makeup is PVC, regardless of the molding process. I think what we refer to as "vinyl" in this hobby is only different in that, as you say, it is hollow.

(Sorry for going off topic a bit, Phil!)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 16, 2018, 10:28:23 PM
Haha, so you added that to your collection aswell?! Got mine just less than a week ago and "thanks" to shipping costs (from within the EU :/) it is my most expensive figure aswell. Nevertheless I like it a lot, though I've already customized it a tiny bit....

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 16, 2018, 05:09:19 PM

Well, I think this figure is very stable and can withstand some serious play.... my four year old played with it several hours and neither had I fear that it would break, nor did it receive any serious paint scratches if any. He also plays with my Kaiyodo Giant Salamander made from vinyl. In fact I am not completly sure what "vinyl" differs in technical terms from PVC (polyvinylchlorid) as both are elastic plastics of high durability... just, "vinyl" figures are hollow, so the production process is different,... but what else?

For Lanthanotus you have left me calm with the clarification since in this way I will surely buy the diprotodon and perhaps with time (if I save money) the figures of PNSO dinosaurs and prehistoric animals (megalodon carcharodon and basilosaurus).

Thanks for the clarification.

PhilSauria

Hard to find time for these at the moment, but here's collection post # 14.
Jurassic World figures beginning to turn up here, so what do you do - you buy some! (Minor customising here and there...)

This is the one that I am most pleased with so far.

Couple of big Plesiosaurs

Assorted raptors. I have more but felt that these made a decent group.

My only two representatives of this species.

Have a soft spot for these, being the first figures that I got hold of when I began seriously seeking out Dinosaur figures. Pic one

and here's some more. Two more on the way from China at the moment, one of them a Suchomimus.

All for now.

Libraraptor

Those big Plesiosaurs,  which company are they?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 05, 2018, 11:13:17 AM
Those big Plesiosaurs,  which company are they?

Left: Favorite Vinyl Series
Right: Playful Home (Vinyl)

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Philsauria for these new findings in your collection. Thank you for sharing those fabulous photographs.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: PhilSauria on May 05, 2018, 10:59:00 AM
Hard to find time for these at the moment, but here's collection post # 14.
Jurassic World figures beginning to turn up here, so what do you do - you buy some! (Minor customising here and there...)
This is the one that I am most pleased with so far.

and here's some more. Two more on the way from China at the moment, one of them a Suchomimus.

All for now.

Ah, wonderful, I love this set. That last group above is the group that I wanted the most to get from this series, along with the Suchomimus. I really think they look cool ;D

PhilSauria

Thanks again for checking in and all of the comments.

And thanks Robin for the Plesiosaur IDs, I wasn't sure either who made the larger one; no info at all on the underside. Didn't cost all that much as I recall and I do like prehistoric marine reptiles.

PhilSauria

Collection update # 15

This one is a combination collection and recent acquisitions post, because they're new and they're now in the collection.
A box of items arrived this week from Mini Zoo, the end result of completing the latest layby order. All new Safari figures, pic one. You really have to have these in front of your to appreciate the level of detail Mr. Watson has put in here. Amazing. I really like that Ankylosaur, one of the best available IMHO.

Safari image two

Further additions to my Lontics, something about these quirky figures appeals. Where I ordered them you could only get them in sets of two so in going after the Suchomimus I ended up with a Caudipteryx. It's surprisingly well detailed and painted for a figure in this price range. I was surprised to see the minis coming along with them. Now have two of the little Stegos and the Acrocanthosaur has a bloodied limb in its jaws! Bit of gore for the kids (?!)

Always like adding another Sauropod to the herd and this one has been on my wants list for a while but thanks to Lanthanotus it is off the list and on the shelf. Sauropod # 58. Two more 'till I have 60 of 'em!

My tally of Mattels at present, with minor customising that the eagle-eyed may discern. Thought about the Colossal rex but where would I put it?, and besides I'm holding out for the Mosasaur - if it makes it over here! Got the two therapods to keep their mouths shut - one just by pinching, the other is chewing on Blu Tac.

And speaking of pricey items I got this one at last! Bit of a price drop from one retailer coincided with a discount voucher from eBay (still cost a helluva lot!). An early birthday present, was how I justified it to the other half, so after opening the box to ensure it arrived unscathed (don't get me started on couriers!) and a photo it's back into that box until the end of the year. I can wait. (So big that it spills out of the photo area to reveal the less than glamorous cardboard support)

And lastly some book purchases from over the last couple of months.

Back to more long-standing collection items next time.

Shonisaurus

Well, you've been lucky to get the 2006 model Schleich saltasaurus if I'm not mistaken, it must be increasingly rare to find it in the toy market I suppose.

On the other hand, I congratulate you on Safari's dinosaur acquisitions whose figures look better in person than in the best videos and in the extraordinary photographs in general terms and in particular that you show on your behalf.

On the other hand as for the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Lontic I was tempted to buy that caudipteryx of that brand and honestly now I am sorry I did not do it.

Dinosaurs Mattels do not have to envy the best JP dinosaurs and on the other hand chungkingosaurus of PNSO is a great figure recommended for any collector.

I congratulate you for your figures and for the books of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals collected.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: