News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. Ltd. Softmodels

Started by Bokisaurus, July 28, 2012, 03:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Daspletodave on March 02, 2014, 02:49:29 PM
Kaiyodo also made some replicas of dinos that were discovered in Japan - the Fukuiraptor and Fukuisaurus. There may have been others - I don't collect Kaiyodo.

I collect the older vinyls..but not the mini figures. So that's why I skipped those. But larger scale Japanese species would be most welcome.

tyrantqueen

QuoteI collect the older vinyls..but not the mini figures. So that's why I skipped those. But larger scale Japanese species would be most welcome.
Same here. The dinotales models are cool, but too small for me personally. I wish Kaiyodo would rerelease their old vinyls again, like they did with their old Tyrannosaurus and Allosaurus. Speaking of which, isn't the 1/20 Tyrannosaurus actually too small to be a 1/20?

It's more like a 1/25 or something like that...unless the measurements I have are wrong.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 02, 2014, 06:03:30 PM
QuoteI collect the older vinyls..but not the mini figures. So that's why I skipped those. But larger scale Japanese species would be most welcome.
Same here. The dinotales models are cool, but too small for me personally. I wish Kaiyodo would rerelease their old vinyls again, like they did with their old Tyrannosaurus and Allosaurus. Speaking of which, isn't the 1/20 Tyrannosaurus actually too small to be a 1/20?

It's more like a 1/25 or something like that...unless the measurements I have are wrong.
Actually I love the Dinotales figures, I have quite a few of them. Some of them are possibly the best feathered dinosaur figures on the market. The only thing I don't like about them is that they are so expensive for their size.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

tyrantqueen

QuoteActually I love the Dinotales figures, I have quite a few of them. Some of them are possibly the best feathered dinosaur figures on the market. The only thing I don't like about them is that they are so expensive for their size.
Yep true.

stoneage

Quote from: Daspletodave on March 02, 2014, 12:23:37 AM
I got my Saurolophus and Tarbosaurus straight from Japan.

How do you do that and what did they cost you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 02, 2014, 06:03:30 PM

I'd say the Krentz Sideshow Rex is around 1:20 so I think this Kaiyodo one is pretty close.  Granted I don't own it yet so can't compare exactly..the re-issue didn't thrill me really. ;)

postsaurischian

....... back on topic:

:D Mr. Tokugawa himself presenting his new Tamba sauropod.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Daspletodave

The Tamba sauropod is now for sale on EBAY!

DinoToyForum

Roselaar

But is there a way for ordinary people to get them for ordinary bucks? Except for bothering Japanese people via the Internet?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on March 08, 2014, 02:51:32 PM
But is there a way for ordinary people to get them for ordinary bucks? Except for bothering Japanese people via the Internet?

Not as of yet I don't think.

alexeratops

Erm... does anyone know what dinosaur that is, other than Tamba Sauropod, or am I missing something?
like a bantha!

Takama

Quote from: alexeratops on March 08, 2014, 11:39:52 PM
Erm... does anyone know what dinosaur that is, other than Tamba Sauropod, or am I missing something?

It does not have a scientific name yet. 

EmperorDinobot

I'm selling both the Pachycephalosaurus and the Euoplocephalus/Ankylosaurus from the first soft model collection.

PM me for details and pricing.

And what is the Tamba sauropod? That looks like an Alamosaur.

DinoToyForum

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 09, 2014, 11:42:03 AM
I'm selling both the Pachycephalosaurus and the Euoplocephalus/Ankylosaurus from the first soft model collection.

PM me for details and pricing.

And what is the Tamba sauropod? That looks like an Alamosaur.

Your not far off .

Quote5) SAUROPOD TEETH FROM SASAYAMA GROUP OF TAMBA CITY, HYOGO PREFECTURE (FIG. 2D, E; TABLE I)

Part of a sauropod skeleton (called the Tamba sauropod hereafter) was found in the "lower formation" (see Appendix) of the Sasayama Group that is exposed on a riverbank at Kamitaki, Tamba City, Hyogo Pref, by amateur paleontologists in 2006. The geological age of the "lower formation" of the Sasayama Group is the Aptian-Cenomanian (see Appendix).

Through the excavations of four winter seasons (2007 to 2010), teeth, partial brain case, atlas, ribs, dorsal vertebrae, pubis, ilium, hemal arches, and caudal vertebrae from a single individual of the Tamba sauropod, as well as teeth of other dinosaurs and small vertebrate fossils such as squamates and anurans, have been collected (Saegusa et al. 2008, Saegusa et al. 2010a). Although the preparation of the Tamba sauropod has not been completed, it is certain that the Tamba sauropod is one of the basal titanosauriforms (Saegusa et al. 2008). Twenty six sauropod teeth have been found in the Tamba sauropod locality, and at least six are considered to belong to a single individual based on the occurrence and preservation condition (Saegusa et al. 2010a). The crown somewhat widens mesiodistally at the level of the middle height of the crown, and from this point, the distinct (but without serrations) mesial and distal carinae extend toward the apex, narrowing the distance to each other, and end at the apex. The horizontal cross section of the apical half of the crown is D-shaped, with the labial surface strongly convex and the lingual surface slightly convex. On the other hand, the mesial and distal carinae run nearly parallel from the middle height of the crown toward the cervix and disappear near the cervix. The horizontal cross section of the crown near the cervix and that of the root are oval to circular in outline, and the diameter of the tooth does not change from this point to the root apex. The crown height of the Tamba sauropod teeth is relatively high and is similar to that of the Titanosauria. Although the teeth show comparatively derived morphology among the titanosauriforms, following two characters are relatively primitive: the horizontal cross section of the crown at middle height is D-shaped, and the mesial and distal carinae are distinct. In the Tamba sauropod, thirteen teeth have the wear facet type 3 (Fig. 2E), while only two teeth show type 2 wear facet.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: