News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. Ltd. Softmodels

Started by Bokisaurus, July 28, 2012, 03:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: Daspletodave on March 12, 2014, 11:47:14 PM
Well here he is, straight from Japan!

The Tamba sauropod is 1/40 scale. He measures 30 cm from the tip of his snout to the tip of his tail, almost the same length as the Favorite 2004 Brachiosaurus (which is 1/80 scale) although not as tall. The model is nicely painted, with a light gray underbelly, which transitions into gold, and then a light olive green for the upper body. Despite the small size of the head, all the features are clear- eyes, mouth, nostrils.
The dinosaur is not named on the packaging (at least not in English). Nor is there any printing on the belly of the model, just as with Tokugawa's other Favorite dinos - the Tarbosaurus and Saurolophus.
There is very little English on the package, which features a scale drawing by Takashi Oda of the Tamba sauropod's skeleton along with that of a human. On the front of the package is simply "Dinosaur Softmodel designed by Hirokazu Tokugawa 1/40". On the back are a few more details about the "Tamba Dragon" - it is identified as a Titanosauriform, 12 to 15 meters in size, from the Early Cretaceous 110 million years ago, and location - Japan.

---> Add some extra information and then send it straight to the Dinotoyblog, please!  :D :) I really think this is a figure of great interest!

dutchdinolover

Quote from: Daspletodave on March 17, 2014, 02:01:16 AM
If you are in Japan try the Hyogo Museum of Nature, or retailers in Tamba City near Osaka.

Thanks for your Quick answer! I will find him...

H.Toku

Quote from: dutchdinolover on March 24, 2014, 11:23:10 AM
If you are in Japan try the Hyogo Museum of Nature, or retailers in Tamba City near Osaka.

Now, Tanba Sauropod toy is selled at the museum shop of Osaka museum of natural history too.
In this spring, there is  the Ceratopsia special exhibition at Osaka museum of natural history. 
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=673601426015021&set=a.130206410354528.12562.100000955104984&type=1&theater
Tanba sauropod toy is selled at the shop of museum.
Not at the shop of special exhibition.

Ikessauro

Quote from: H.Toku on March 25, 2014, 12:05:27 AM
Quote from: dutchdinolover on March 24, 2014, 11:23:10 AM

Now, Tanba Sauropod toy is selled at the museum shop of Osaka museum of natural history too.
In this spring, there is  the Ceratopsia special exhibition at Osaka museum of natural history. 
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=673601426015021&set=a.130206410354528.12562.100000955104984&type=1&theater
Tanba sauropod toy is selled at the shop of museum.
Not at the shop of special exhibition.

Does anyone here can help me get one Tamba Sauropod? I can pay via paypal. I don't wanna spend huge amounts of money on those available on eBay.

DinoLord

Are they that glossy or is that just  from the photo?

sauroid

ive seen pics from different people who own this figure and it is indeed glossy (almost metallic)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

On Favorites Facebook page, they posted two interesting previews

I don't know if these are Soft, Vinyl, or Desktop models since I cant read Japanese

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.621484401262698.1073741861.480725025338637&type=1

sauroid

whoah Anomalocaris and an arthrodire. i just hope they are going to be soft/vinyl models.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Invicta Hunter

When i last talked to someone working at Favorite he said they had no plans of releasing any new soft models this year so i think they are going to be soft vinyl toys instead.

Roselaar

Oh goodie, more awesome Favorite toys I can't get my hands on. :)

sauroid

i hope that Favorite would become more prolific and produce a lot of models per year ala CollectA. they're gonna give the western brands a run for their money.

alexeratops

ditto. I love Anomalocaris, and this is the first model I've seen of it, and i can't get it!!!!!augh!!!! >:(
like a bantha!

Sauropodlet

Quote from: Roselaar on April 06, 2014, 02:43:46 PM

Dejankins and Dinosaurtime both carry their stuff.

Roselaar

Quote from: Sauropodlet on April 07, 2014, 05:07:40 AM

Only the regularly available models. Will these two new critters qualify as such? I hope so...

Chad

Quote from: Roselaar on April 07, 2014, 01:14:13 PM

Only the regularly available models. Will these two new critters qualify as such? I hope so...

Don't sweat it, Jan. We'll get you hooked up somehow!

Roselaar

Quote from: Chad on April 07, 2014, 03:45:47 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on April 07, 2014, 01:14:13 PM

Don't sweat it, Jan. We'll get you hooked up somehow!

:-* :-* :-*

Let's hope so. :)

Ikessauro

Just in case anyone is interested, I have talked to Dean from Dejankins and told him about the Tamba Sauropod a few week ago. I asked him if he could get it for me and provided him with all the info I could on the model, found on Facebook or from here too. Here's what he wrote to me in his last e-mail.

QuoteThank you Patrick!

It's looking up for me getting the Tamba Sauropod.  Not a done deal yet, but progressing.  I'll keep you informed.

Dean

Let's wait and hope he can get us a few pieces.

stoneage

Quote from: Ikessauro on April 07, 2014, 07:03:42 PM
Just in case anyone is interested, I have talked to Dean from Dejankins and told him about the Tamba Sauropod a few week ago. I asked him if he could get it for me and provided him with all the info I could on the model, found on Facebook or from here too. Here's what he wrote to me in his last e-mail.

QuoteThank you Patrick!

It's looking up for me getting the Tamba Sauropod.  Not a done deal yet, but progressing.  I'll keep you informed.

Dean

It will probably take more then a few pieces, unless the cost are prohibitive.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stoneage on April 07, 2014, 10:05:39 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on April 07, 2014, 07:03:42 PM

QuoteThank you Patrick!

Dean

It will probably take more then a few pieces, unless the cost are prohibitive.

My thoughts exactly.. heh

postsaurischian

Quote from: Takama on April 05, 2014, 10:04:16 PM
On Favorites Facebook page, they posted two interesting previews

I don't know if these are Soft, Vinyl, or Desktop models since I cant read Japanese

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.621484401262698.1073741861.480725025338637&type=1

There's not so much info in this text.
It's going to be a new product series being released in summer.
The figures are designed by Hirokazu Tokugawa :D.
The text also mentions that there's going to be a Smilodon as well.
More details soon after the company discloses the official release date.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: