News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. Ltd. Softmodels

Started by Bokisaurus, July 28, 2012, 03:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Roselaar on June 07, 2014, 10:27:49 PM
It's okay. Not the best Mammoth, not the worst. The lack of detail on the tusks feels kinda off compared to the rest of the figure.

To me it's easily the best toy mammoth figure ever made :).
I love the simplicity and anatomical accuracy in Tokugawa's sculpts.

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 07, 2014, 11:24:27 PM
Helge would you be able to elaborate at all on the cost or availiblility of the mammoth? I would like to try for one for my fathers tusk display given the lack of decent mastodon figures.

I paid USD $20.00 (figure + shipping within Japan) + international shipping.
I tried to order it four weeks ago but the first wave was already sold out in a rush.
It was back in stock two weeks later :).

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 07, 2014, 11:50:24 PM
Cool figure, I hope it becomes easily available to us soon.

It's an official figure from the Favorite Store.
I'm sure that at least Dejankins will have it soon ;).

Hynerpeton

How cool. :) i like the feathered Dino and Carnotaurus.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

EmperorDinobot

That Tamba sauropod would look soooo good with my other Softmodels. I'm not sure I like all the new ones, though. I just want the old ones + orange Spinosaurus, which I never seem to buy. I really like those sculpts. They are definitely highly regarded by Emperor Dinobot.

Shadowknight1

I got my first Favorite Softmodel Dinosaur today, the blue Spinosaurus.  He's smaller than I thought and his lower jaw came warped, but I'm trying to correct that.  While not quite as detailed as the Papo dinos he's next to, he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb like my Safari Microraptor(which, to be honest, wouldn't stick out so much if it had some paint on his underside0.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Yutyrannus

Eh, that mammoth's okay. Not the best, so I probably won't buy it.

EDIT: Actually looking at other pictures of it, it's not as bad as I originally thought. Though, I don't know if there is any evidence for a red color variant of mammoths.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

stargatedalek

heres some of the anomalocaris and dunkleosteus
not sure if these were already posted...

Yutyrannus

Those were posted a few pages back. They're still cool, though, I'm definitely going to try buying them (finally something worth buying from Favorite).

stargatedalek

if they separate from the bases I wouldn't hesitate, but until I know whether or not they do I'm going to hold off
bases are nice to have and all, but I vastly prefer when figures can separate from them

Hynerpeton

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 10, 2014, 02:37:02 AM
if they separate from the bases I wouldn't hesitate, but until I know whether or not they do I'm going to hold off
bases are nice to have and all, but I vastly prefer when figures can separate from them

Me too. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Neven Florian

When the dunkleosteus will be available? I don't see this one on the official site of kinto favorite :-\ :)

stargatedalek

it was on their facebook, I don't think they are released yet
it seems they are being released alongside a giant squid

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

stargatedalek

AFAIK neither are released yet

Neven Florian

stoneage

Quote from: Yutyrannus on July 10, 2014, 01:12:14 AM

EDIT: Actually looking at other pictures of it, it's not as bad as I originally thought. Though, I don't know if there is any evidence for a red color variant of mammoths.

There is a TV documentary about a baby mammoth which had red hair.  It seems they had human colored variations.

http://www.livescience.com/4112-beastly-colors-mammoth-blondes-hairy-brunettes.html

Yutyrannus

Quote from: stoneage on July 11, 2014, 02:45:52 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on July 10, 2014, 01:12:14 AM

There is a TV documentary about a baby mammoth which had red hair.  It seems they had human colored variations.

http://www.livescience.com/4112-beastly-colors-mammoth-blondes-hairy-brunettes.html
Oh, okay, thanks! I didn't know (I only knew about the blonde mammoths).

A.Garcia

Has anyone seen these? They're the large vinyl ones- and new to me, at least:

Jumbo versions of the new soft models:

Even larger, "premium edition" vinyl models:

Imagine the herd that could be made with these!

Two more "regular" vinyl models:

Nice, colorful crests. I wish this had been around at the time of the first Jurassic Park toys.

Finally, something our administrator might like-

A real sea monster! I have a feeling it would float nicely, too...

I've been somewhat curious about these "vinyl" type models for a while, it would be fun to see them in person. Does anyone have any from the series, or any pictures?

stargatedalek

Would that anomalocaris be in 1:1 scale?  Hard to tell

other than the spinosaurus all of these are new to me, I may order this dunkleosteus instead, I prefer the colors

A.Garcia

The Favorite website gives these dimensions for the Anomalocaris: L38×W21×H6cm. It would have to be 1:1 at some point in the animal's life, right? Unlike the dinosaurs, the sculpt quality of the Dunkleosteus is sure similar to the soft model. Really big, though. :D

docronnie

I have never seen those models personally, but I usually skip hollow dinos, except for Happinet and Sega Dino King figures.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: