News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. Ltd. Softmodels

Started by Bokisaurus, July 28, 2012, 03:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinoman626

I get one nice blue Spino in Japan trip this year. ^-^
It is reli good!

naruponk

ChrisW

For those still hunting for the new Favorite figures:

http://www.dinosaurtime.co.uk/Shop/Dinosaur-Toy-Models/Dinosaur-Toy-Collections/2027-Favorite-Complete-Dinosaur-Toy-Collection.html

I've never bought from Dinosaur Time before so I don't know how good they are. Also keep in mind that shipping from the UK may be expensive depending on where you live.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ChrisW on May 01, 2013, 07:25:14 AM
For those still hunting for the new Favorite figures:

http://www.dinosaurtime.co.uk/Shop/Dinosaur-Toy-Models/Dinosaur-Toy-Collections/2027-Favorite-Complete-Dinosaur-Toy-Collection.html

I've never bought from Dinosaur Time before so I don't know how good they are. Also keep in mind that shipping from the UK may be expensive depending on where you live.
Already posted that, a few weeks ago.

docronnie

Just got a Soft Model Styracosaurus and I love it! Can't wait to see some of the new hollow Vinyl models.

Are they better than Happinet?
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: docronnie on May 06, 2013, 10:59:18 AM
Just got a Soft Model Styracosaurus and I love it! Can't wait to see some of the new hollow Vinyl models.

Yes, easily.

docronnie

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 06, 2013, 01:16:45 PM
Quote from: docronnie on May 06, 2013, 10:59:18 AM

Yes, easily.

Thanks TQ for the info!  :)

Daspletodave

I finally got the Tarbosaurus and Saurolophus, and let me tell you they are awesome. Way better in person than in the photos. And they do not have "lips" as someone falsely reported.
These two models are considerably larger than the regular 1/50 scale Favorite dinos - I'd guess that the Saurolophus is closer to 1/40 scale. And they also do not have any printing stamped on their bellies, like almost all plastic dinos, so they are truly museum quality replicas.
I just hope Favorite does more of these "special releases" in the future.

docronnie

Congrats Daspletodave!  :)

Would love to see some photos, if possible.  TIA!  :)

Bokisaurus

The two Exclusive figures from Osaka Museum Of Natural History in Japan.
Tarbossaurus ans Saurolophus sculpted by Hirokazu Tokugawa

[]

I also  updated and added pictures of the 2013 releases series B in the first page for easy reference. Enjoy! ;)

docronnie

Very nice Boki!  Thanks for updating!  :)

dinohunter24

OMG where can I buy these?  I want them all. 

Thanks so much

Goldensamuel

I love that green parasaurolophus with the red crest! i want it so bad!  :P

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Goldensamuel on August 23, 2013, 07:35:09 PM
You should be able to find him pretty easy and at a reasonable price on ebay or Dan's Dinosaur store. It is a lovely figure.

docronnie

Quote from: Goldensamuel on August 23, 2013, 07:35:09 PM

Yup! Very beautiful.  I have one and you'll have yours in the future.  :)

Invicta Hunter

Are the trex colour variants hard to find?

Takama

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on September 29, 2013, 12:29:53 AM
Are the trex colour variants hard to find?

As far as I know, The Green one and Brown one can be bought here.

http://www.dejankins.com/DeJankins/Favorite_All.html

All other variants like that black one are rare

alexeratops

Quote from: dinohunter24 on August 23, 2013, 07:21:45 PM
OMG where can I buy these?  I want them all. 

Thanks so much

They are on amazon as a set of 13 for 105 dollars. Sure, it sounds like a lot of cash but if you think about it each figure costs less than 10 dollars. :)
like a bantha!

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I can't seem to make myself get interested in any Favorite dinos-they just seem so strange sitting next to, say, a Papo dino. The quality is leagues behind other companies....they do seem to be getting a bit better, though.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Daspletodave

Spino - you must be joking. The Favorite Collection's quality is outstanding!!! Now I have to admit that they are generally much smaller than Papo- as Favorite is 1/50 scale and Papo's T-Rex is probably 1/30 scale. Obviously you can put a lot more detail on a larger model like that. But Papo has also done some stupid models- like that Godzilla-like Allosaurus, the clunky Pachycephalosaurus, and the non-feathered raptors.
I would rank Favorite ahead of Papo for accuracy, but I give Papo style points for some of their models like Triceratops and Stegosaurus. In fact I would rank Favorite, Carnegie and Papo as the top three in that order. Everybody else is way behind those top three, and that includes Wild Safari, Bullyland, Collecta, and Schleich.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: