News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo Green Standing TRex

Started by smashtoad, March 01, 2018, 04:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smashtoad

Hi all,  I have a green standing trex that I bought in 2006 in Michigan.  I'm not a collector, per se, like many of you...more of a hobby room displayer...so I hate tags.  Hint: there are no tags.  It has been in my curio cabinet, and is in pretty much perfect condition.  I wasn't aware until a couple months ago that it had become harder to find (relatively).

I have no real attachment to this figure. Instead of selling it outright, I'd rather talk trades. I would be willing to add some money to a deal for one of the standing Diplodocus by battat, although I'm guessing that figure may be much harder to find than this T-Rex.  I'm definitely looking for the right sauropod, though there aren't a ton that I like.  Brachiosaurus and diplo are high on my want list.  My shelf space is limited, so what I display has to be something I won't get tired of looking at.  That battat diplo may be the best production figure I've ever seen....but that's just me.  I'd even consider a damaged one...I may paint if anyway, so I could fix it in the process.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in this guy send me an email and we could talk about trades. I'm not really interested in any of the toyish/cartoonish figures, small kaiyodo stuff, or most things by Schleich. I just bought a red sega trex and plan to paint it, so I don't really need another trex.

I will definitely consider vinyl kits too.

Thanks

Email me at:
[email protected]

Syndicate Bias

damn, i was just on eBay trying to offer 35 dollars to these two guys bidding on lots with this figure lol.

smashtoad

88 views and almost zero interest...am I missing something?  Is it the lack of tags? Should I just try my luck on eBay?

stargatedalek

Quote from: smashtoad on March 02, 2018, 04:12:58 AM
88 views and almost zero interest...am I missing something?  Is it the lack of tags? Should I just try my luck on eBay?
The title is rather generalized, I'm sure a lot of people clicked in just to see exactly what was going on. Additionally, the green standing rex isn't particularly valuable, likely not worth much if anything more than its original retail. That's not to say it hasn't increased in value, just that the value of a pre-owned one now is still only roughly equivalent to a new one when they were available.

Syndicate Bias

pako

Yes but the shelf life was long enough to have a certain amount sold everywhere.

So it is retired yes, but it isn't that rare, yet.

Prices go between 20 and 30 euros + shipping (I know, I sold quite a few).

tyrantqueen

The Papo T. rex is rare, but no way is it an equal trading partner for a Battat Diplodocus. Especially without tags. I think I paid about $150-200 for my Diplo, it's only gone up since then.

A fairer trade would be the brown running rex for the Battat Diplodocus. Everyone seems to want that figure (even though I thinks it's rather overrated).

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood the trade request. I thought you were asking for the Battat Diplocodus in return for a Papo T.rex in a 1-on-1 trade. I realise now that you're indicating a money AND trade combination. Still, I think the Papo T.rex would knock off $30-40 max.

smashtoad

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I'm on board now.

Reptilia

Quote from: smashtoad on March 02, 2018, 04:12:58 AM
Should I just try my luck on eBay?

Definitely, but I don't think that pre-owned copies sell particularly well in general.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.