You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 13, 2020, 02:30:11 PM
  Maybe it should be mentioned that your Frenguellisaurus is the smaller book figure.
  http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=684.msg15499#msg15499
Duh!!!
I was kind of hoping this would be the boxed one - since it came along with the Saurosuchus.
Actually I do own the book figure - they look the same - but, the book figure is made of some flexible material, which allows me to bend a litle it's tail and hands -
and also I see the attachment joints of the arms to the shoulder - where as this figure is completely rigid - could not even think of bending it at all.
so, I'm not sure if this is indeed the Book version.

maybe if this is NOT the box version - and the box version is bigger - that would solve it.
This figure stands 9.8 cm tall at the tip of the tail -

Can I ask you how tall should a 'real' boxed version be ?

I have a comparisson picture of my two  Frenguellisaurus  - they are about the same size :

BrontoScorpio

( Apparent Difference in size is mostly about the angle the picture was taken )

postsaurischian

I have both figures (book and boxed) and both are made of resin, not bendable at all.
The fact that one of yours is bendable cunfuses me a bit. The boxed figure stands indeed 9.8 cm tall at the tip of the tail.
I could make a direct comparison pic the next days (I need some time first) to show the difference. It could be I'm wrong.
All I can show you now are two comparison shots with the Saurosuchus. One by Radman (still missing him) and one by me.
Christian's pic above shows the boxed figure and mine (beyond) shows the book figure:
https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/post/83752/thread  - sorry, photobucket :P

BrontoScorpio

Thanks.
Don't worry about photobucket -  I discovered that 'Open pic in new window' does the trick ..

It does look bigger and darker ( but, so does the Saurosuchus - at least darker ... ).

It seems it is much more 'Horizontal' in posture - so, I'm not sure height  of tip of the tail would help us much.

Maybe the total length is a more accurate test case:

I tested 16cm from the nose, across the back to the end of the tail.

and weighing 24 gr on a micro scale.

postsaurischian

[sings] "It's the middle of the night and your mommy & your daddy are sleeping ....." (Zappa)

But who cares? I had to check this out immediately and find the book figure.
Super quick photos and no sunlight. I don't do this normally, but as I have mentioned this question had to be answered immediately.
  ;D Of course the book figure also stands 9.8 cm tall at the tip of the tail. Here are some comparison shots:
      Click the thumbnails to enlarge!

Your bendable book figure still remains a mystery, a second edition maybe :-\ ?

BrontoScorpio

Thanks  postsaurischian  - you'r the best.
The picture from above clearly does it - this behemoth is at least 22-23 cm long accross the spine.
Are you interested in trading ... :)

postsaurischian

BrontoScorpio

Duh !! If you ever change your mind ... :)
I actually allready had TWO book version Frenguellisaurus   I got few months ago :

Thought I better start with a breading pair :

I imagined those would be a male and a female - since they came from TWO different book  versions :

One was particularly magnificent - I thought that must be the male's :

The book ( actually, the 'Exhibition Catalog' from the 2010 'The Dawn of the Dinosaurs' ) itself has so many color pictures of odd, never I saw before, creatures :

and a great deal of panoramic pictures depicting the Triassic era :

so, apperantly, now I have 3 book version Frenguellisaurus    . ... :(

Libraraptor

Wow, I wish I could get at least a glimpse of this exhibition / collection.
That Exaeretodon and the Saurosuchus look amazing. I love the outer ears and the melancholic / frightened  look of that Exaeretodon!

BrontoScorpio

I have one on it's way - It's already late due to COVID-19

BrontoScorpio

Got this beautiful box from a 2nd hand store for 20$ :

Already new what hides inside ...
( Even though 2nd hand - was still wrapped with a Nylon bag, that I took out for the sake of taking the picture )

His majesty, the 'Dawn of the Dinosaurs' Exaeretodon Tokyo Exhibition:

I admit, while back I did not find it so appealing -
main cause, now sounds stupid, I was sure, for some reason, the hair on the back is a real hair -
what made mefeel a bit disgusted ...But, no - the hair is actually a fine crafted cold cast Resin of a  fine quality -
somehow, the material resembles to me the Resin fukuisaurus or the science museum Apatosaurus :

Immediately he was greeted by the nesting pair of Frenguellisaurus :

Unfortunately it was a rather angry welcoming committee :

so, he tried to take shelter :

But, his strength failed after a while :

The Exaeretodon model is much larger than all the rest of the 'Dawn of the Dinosaurs' figures.
At 122gr it is almost twice as heavy as the 65gr Saurosuchus and is dwarfing the 24gr Book version of Frenguellisaurus.
I think, in real life it is supposed to be the smaller of them all ... a matter of scale I assume - but I'm not the expert.

And here they are all in a Triassic gathering :

Halichoeres

I'm imagining that Exaeretodon with real hair, and yes, that would be gross.   :)) :))  You'd have to shampoo it upon receiving it secondhand.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BrontoScorpio

Libraraptor

sigh
I´ll probably never ger a hand on that figure.
How can it be that there´s one in a second hand store for 20 bucks!?

Halichoeres

Surely you didn't construe my comment to mean that I thought it was real hair? I own this figure also, I just thought the idea was funny.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BrontoScorpio

BrontoScorpio

Next, I got the Marx Flintstones Hunting party Stegosaurus :

He will join my Marx Flintstones Hunting party Brontosaurus :

The Brontosaurus is such an iconic figure of my childhood days :

The 'Marx Flintstones Hunting party' play set is a surprisingly expensive set from the early 60's - based on the well known Cartoon show.
It has another dinosaur figure - the T-rex, but, unlike the Steg and Bron, which are unique in style and shape,
the Rex is almost identical to the smaller PVC version, what makes it less likable for me.

The complete set also includes Barney& Fred figures and, together with the corresponding Box commending ridiculous prices on the net.
Here are few examples - not from my collection :

The complete set :

Organized inside the Box :

The box, with illustrations from the Cartoon show :

For more information on this set, you can also see :
1. Doug Watson's collection
2.Dinosaur Collector site
3.marxplayset.info

As for me, In order to fit my collection - I tried hard to get the Gray versions of those figures.
don't know exactly what paint version is considered to be higher valued collectible wize.
But, This paint scheme fits well in my Monochrome collection of long necks :

From right to left :
Front row :
- Nabisco
- Linde
- Ajax
- Timme/Diener (?)
- Timpo

2nd row :
- Tootsie
- MPC
- Sinclair
- ROM
- Marx

3rd row :
- Kleinwelka
- Marx Flintstones hunting party ( Brontosaurus )

Last row :
- Invicta
- Miller

Dinoguy2

Wow, I've never seen those Flintstones Marx figures before, but that gray Stegosaurus is incredible. One more thing to hunt for...  :o
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Libraraptor

Wow. I am still much in Love with the monochrome Beauty of the big Marx Flintstones set.

BrontoScorpio

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: