You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

When I wrote about the deciding to add the UKRD as a sidekick to my next parcel - I ment this parcel :

But, it was obviously not the main focus of interest.

For example - with this I completed my set of Bandai Gakken illustrated book Figure series dinosaurs ( バンダイ 学研の図鑑 フィギュアシリーズ 恐竜 ):

Also, I got this wonderful Kaiyodo Rafflesia ( ラフレシア ) from the collection of the National Science Museum ( 国立科学博物館 - 科博所蔵品再現モデル) study Room :
shown here along the phamplet from the 'Plants Exhibition' (植物展 特別展 植物)  :

You might ask why do I bother with this non-Dinosaur ?
That is because with this item I complete my set of Animal models of the Kaiyodo Study room :

Another interesting Kit - from 'Action Hasegawa' ( アクト・ハセガワ )  "Lost World ~ Jurassic Park II" ( 『ロストワールド~ジュラシックパークII』 )

I found this model interesting - as it reminds me the Kaiyodo 100mm Triceratops :

The parcel consists of many more items - But for now - I will conclude with that :
Feathered Deinonychus ( 羽毛ディノニクス ) Limitted eddition model by Araki Kazunari ( 荒木一成 )  :

There are several color schemes :

The products was exhibited and sold at the  Tokyu Hands Nagoya store.

And, Unfortunatly, The artist is asking high prices (excluding tax)  :

for the future - I am waiting for his eddition of the Kamuysaurus ( カムイサウルス - むかわ竜 )  to becom available  :

Duna

Congrats, those models are incredible, specially the Deinonychus.

By the way, I'm very intrigued about the "Chocolasaurus". Can you explain something more about them, please?

BrontoScorpio

For 300$ it better well be incredible ...  :)

About your question :
'Chocolasaurus' ( チョコラザウルス ) is a subset of the 'Dyno Tales' ( ダイノテイルズ  ) products by the company Kaiyodo ( 海洋堂 ).
Those miniatures Chocolasaurus ( called 'DINOTALES' in english ) consist of 8 series ( 1,1b,2,3,4,5,6,7 ).
series 1 to 5 were attached to sweetes and chocolates therefor 'Cocolasurus' and series 5,6,7 are calles 'Dinosaur model picture book' ( 恐竜模型図鑑 ) and were attached to drinks.
( 5 -  lemon 'cc-saurus'  and 6,7  'lawson limitted' ).
They were issued in Japan between 2001 and 2005 if I remember correctly.
For series 1,2,3,4 There are some Special ( SP) / Limited , Secret or Expo Edditions that took figures from the regular sets and painted them differently.

Here's a quick picture guide I once made for myself to get a clear picture of all that :

In addition - 4 figures from the 1st and 2nd series - have been offered as boxed metal items - i.e. DINOMETAL :

There are two limited briliantly painted figures from the 2nd & 3rd series that accompanied 2 of the 3 'official fan books' ( 公式ファンブック) :

Series 1,2,3,4 have a display\mount poster and series 1 (green) & 2 (brown) have some miniature display boxes - with 3 random items inside :

Also Series 1,2,3,4 have huge promotional campaign collection Boxes :

Related to the 'Chocolasaurus' ( チョコラザウルス )  are the Kaiyodo Chocoegg ( チョコエッグ )  and ChocoQ ( チョコQ ).
They display living animals - but serie 4 had 3 Secret 'Kitadaniryu's and serie 6 had a 4th one :

These are not to be confused with the other set of Kaiyodo miniature dinos -
the CapsuleQ ( カプセルQ ) or CapsuleQ Museum ( カプセルQミュージアム ) sets :

There used to be a greate English guide for Kaiyodo Chocoegg ( チョコエッグ ) , ChocoQ ( チョコQ ) and Chocolasaurus - but, resently it was takes off the net.
But, You can start here or here with another great guide for the DINOTALES series and the CapsuleQ Museum series.

Here's two pictures from my collection, I think I have all except the 4th limitted green Siamotyrannus ( I always take out skeletons and most Cenozoic animals )  -

-  Top      picture - Left to right : Series 1,1b,2,3,4,5
-  Bottom picture - Right to left : SP of series 1 to 4 and series 6,7 plus some capsules

And the rest of My Kaiyodo miniatures that are Not DINOTALES  :

Lanthanotus

BrontoScorpio

That's an old version Kaiyodo Kit.
I will post something soon - that parcel was just too diverse ...

BrontoScorpio

Next parcel - all sort of things :

It was nice to finally get my hands on the 2nd color variant of this Kaiyodo DINOLAND 1:100 scale Triceratops :

Next - these 2 very old kaiyodo Vinyl build-up kits by Shinichi Yamashita ( 山下伸一  )  :

Seeing here in an old Kaiyodo catalog from the 80's  :

Or here in a Gakken children book :

Back in those days - before the DINOLAND line - when kaiyodo just began manufacturing dino kits -
they were greatly influenced by the ,then breaking through, book of 'The Dinosaurs' by william Stout from 1981 :

Following my previous post - both Stegosaurus version actually were influenced by the book -
Although the bigger version 1/20 was made by Araki - as seen here, in several catalogs from the 80's ( blac&white is from 1984 ) :

Both are so different from the known 1/20 DINOLAND Stegosaurus from the 95 catalog.
I finally got all three :

Lanthanotus

Nice :)... should you ever consider parting with these two unpainted, gimme a shout :D

Shonisaurus

How lucky you are to have all those Kaiyodo figures honestly the figures of non-Chinese Asian companies are just as interesting as the rest of the market. I was used to seeing small Kaiyodo figures but I see that those are bigger than I know.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 02, 2022, 11:52:47 AM
Nice :) ... should you ever consider parting with these two unpainted, gimme a shout :D
LOL... when I'm tired of it - you'll be the first one I call.
I do think those 2 gray 'unpainted' have been primed ( If indeed you mean those two ).

Should I keep my eyes open looking for another one ?

BrontoScorpio

postimges is up again - got me worried for a while ...

BrontoScorpio

After having been 3 months or so at sea - A very large parcel arrived :

I will get to the "Weekly Japanese Natural Monument Animals" ( 週刊日本の天然記念物動物 ) later ...

Introducing the 3 boxes of Kaiyodo Chocola Zaurus Collection Boxes ( チョコラザウルス  コレクションボックス ) I got here :

Added :
Those boxes were special 'Campaign / Promotional Items' for displaying and showing what items are available in the mass production single items inside the sweets.

Now I have the complete collection of DINOTALES 1,2,3,4 Collection Boxes :

Lanthanotus

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 02, 2022, 01:55:54 PM
[...]
Should I keep my eyes open looking for another one ?

Thanks for that offer, I guess though, their asked price will probably be a bit steep for my pocket?!

Those Kaiyodo Dinotales boxes are nice. I have quite some of the miniscule model myself, but never seen them in any sort of original packaging.
As I understand, those were also available single within some surprise eggs or bling bags accompanying some products as limonades and such?

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 03, 2022, 12:38:41 PM
...  but never seen them in any sort of original packaging.
...  those were also available single within some surprise eggs ...
Those boxes were special 'Campaign / Promotional Items' for displaying and showing what items are available in the mass production single items that accompanied the sweets.
The usual type those items were sold was in a single box of chocolate :

Shonisaurus

How much does each box of Kaiyodo cost? Those packages of prehistoric life are truly attractive.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 03, 2022, 07:36:59 PM
How much does each box of Kaiyodo cost ?
If you ask about the big square 'Collection Box'es -

Long since they cease to be retail available - so, you can not just BUY them.
But, you can try searching for 2nd hand in auctions etc.
The main pain is shipping cost  - as they span about 50 cm each side.

There are currently 3 collection boxes ( 1,3,4 ) that are offered now online for 500$ -

But, I should say that is overpriced, except if you want to grab and ship several boxes at the same time :

BrontoScorpio

Another diverse Japanese parcel :

Four Corporation Capsule Dinosaur Figure ( フォー・コーポレーション カプセル恐竜フィギュア ) :
It is made of hard PVC and sold in capsule machines at a limitted number of museums, including Fukui Dinosaur Museum ( 福井県立恐竜博物館 ) -

Lineup :

Next, The 'Jurassic Park Institute Tour' 2003  Original goods -  Bottle Cap Miniature Dinosaur Figures by Araki Kazunari :

( ジュラシック・パーク・インスティテュート・ツアー  ボトルキャップ 恐竜 )

The lineup has the distinct features and coloring typical to Araki's other works.
The set is surprisingly hard to come by :

Next, A nice new simple set, still available, of 'Fujii Yasufumi' ( 藤井康文  )  Dinosaur Figure Capsule ( ダイナソーフィギュア カプセル  ) Gacha   ( ガチャ ) set of 5  :

Next,  some Favorite mini model dinosaurs :

Also bought the 'Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum' exclusive set of 5 'Fukui dinosaur mini model' ( 福井恐竜 ミニモデル )  :

See the color differences between the two edditions :

Next, Sega Great Dinosaur -  Triangle Packed Petit Figure ( セガ  恐竜キング 大恐竜 三角パック入りプチ フィギュア ) Prize product , part 1 from 2004 : 

And the set I received just earlier of 'Sega Dinosaur King Crane Prize Dinosaur series 2'  from 2005 :

This completes the 2 sets  :

They have 3 identicl models and 1 different in each set :

Just an authentication checkup :

modeled by Endorphin's ( えんどるふぃん ) Hirokazu Tokugawa ( 徳川広和さん )  :

Last, 2 items from the UMA 'Super mystery magazine mu' collection ( ムー UMA ~未確認動物~  )  -

Sea serpent  and  Ogopogo:

I will elaborate on this set soon - As I am collecting only the items with  'prehistoric' value from those sets.

BrontoScorpio

Yes, I know there are some more items in the parcel ( Resin Kits, Coins, Bandai, Furuta and others ... )
To some I will address later -
It's just that there's a limit for how much I can 'stretch' a single post without making it becomes too tiresome.

BrontoScorpio

Next small intriguing parcel  :

Flip sides :

The heavy clay 'Matura Collection' Diplodocus is unknown to me -
I only know it is Italian - and somehow I found this picture about the complete set :

Next to the big Coin of 'Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum' '20th Anniversary' Commemorative Medal ( 福井県立恐竜博物館 開館20周年 記念メダル ) -
There are some special chocolate box for the museum :

But, the main focus in this parcel is this :
Bandai 'The Dinosaur Complete Works' ( バンダイ 恐竜全集  ) set of 8 hard PVC miniature models :

Most interesting are the2 figures of irritator & Tsintaosaurus :

I don't know why - but the set is almost impossible to find.
Even now, my Tsintaosaurus is missing it's pedestal.

That is since most of the times you can only get the set as part of a larger combined collection with other creatures,
like here with two examples from YAJ, and pay accordingly :

BrontoScorpio

Another floating parcel arrived, after few months at sea :
It was big - very big :

- Ichiban Kuji Jurassic World / Kingdom of Fire Award A Blue  ( 一番くじ ジュラシック・ワールド/炎の王国 賞A ブルー  )
- Tamiya Brachiosaurus
- Gaibunsha Diorama Zaurus ( ジオラマザウルス ) by Araki.
- Tsukuda Hobby ( ツクダホビー ) Retro Soft vinyl Dinosaur Series .
- some big 'Sega Ancient King Dinosaur King' Soft Vinyl Figures  ( セガ 古代王者 恐竜キング ソフビ ) .
- A lone big blue Triceratops from Happinet 'Great Dinosaur Era' ( ハピネット 大恐竜時代 ) series.

and some magazines at the bottom of the parcel :
(No, I can't read Japanese ... )

Inside the 'Tsukuda Hobby' Catalog - The U.K.R.D. Sets :

Two jigsaw puzzles to fill parcels' empty space :

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: