You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

LOL ... indeed they do.
This is high quality hard PVC almost Resin-like.

BrontoScorpio

The Small packages are all but done for the time being.
And Now for the heavy weights ...

BrontoScorpio

Several Resin kits inside.
That means I have to take out my Crafting tools and get started :

BrontoScorpio

First of the 5 models :

- Allosaurus by Hirokazu Tokugawa ( 徳川広和 )  :

The Kit as I got it - small ( 1/48) , yet expensive ... :

The completed model :

BrontoScorpio

Next in this bunch -

Carnotaurus of 'Head and foot' ( 頭足人 ) by Tamaki ( 玉置 ) :

As you can see in the manual above - this Kit is somewhat tricky - it has many small parts ( fingers, tongue ... , etc. ) -
Which makes it a bit hard to handle ( cleaning, sanding, glueing, etc. ) :

But, there it is - the model is finished :

Joining my other 'one legged' built-up model - the Shinzen T-rex :

This model kind of reminds me the 'Memory Museum' Carnotaurus by Keith Strasser :

Come to think of it - almost all Canotaurs models I know actually stand on only one foot ...

BrontoScorpio

Next Resin Kit

Deinonychus -  'C.S. Model Design' production by 'Hiroaki Tanaka' ( 田中寛晃 ).

It consists of many intricate small parts ( Jaws, fingers, nails, etc. )  :

but, luckily, I got to be slightly more experienced now - and after a short while it is all builtup and ready :

It's impressive the length on those fingers the modeler decided to give it:

In fact - it is the same design as the smaller 'Qualia'  also by 'C.S. Model Design' who are also famous for their 2019 Expo Figures :

BrontoScorpio

Following is this Resin kit of Saurolophus produced for 'MOON ART DESIGN'  by Yuki Tsukimura ( 月村悠貴 ) of  'C.S. Model Design'.

It's a new kit - very high quality - After getting rid of the access material - parts were almost perfectly connected to each cavity :

Complete and perfect - I have a coloring suggestion  -

Next to my other ( PVC ) Famous Saurolophus by Favorite -

As it is part of the 'C.S. Model Design' corp. , which specializes on Resin models - it is no wonder the assembled product is very high quality :

BrontoScorpio

Just a minor interlude from my Resin Kit review :

Got the two last PNSO Ceratops Dinosaurs :

They will join all previous PNSO in my PNSO Collection :

The only chalange is to make some Shelf space on my PNSO lower shelf .

BrontoScorpio

Another Hadrosaurid ( ハドロサウルス ) Dinosaur Resin Kit I just received :

I think it is rather old - and I have a feeling I saw it somewhere as an artifact exhibited in one of the 'Wonder Festivals' ( ワンフェス / ワンダーフェスティバル  ) summer/winter etc.
But I can not recollect where  was it ...

In any case - let's go down to the business of cleaning and assembling it ...
And there it is :

Don't know what it is :
altirhinus ( アルティリヌス ) , old Trachodon ( トラコドン  ) , Anatosaurus ( アナトサウルス ) , Edmontosaurus ( エドモントサウルス  ) or Iguanodon ( イグアノドン ) .
But Maiasaura ( マイアサウラ  ) is the most likely ( Thanks CityRaptor ).

I'll be happy if anyone knows something about this model ...

CityRaptor

Looks like Maiasaura. The snout and "unibrow" are distinctive and it is in that classic "tending to nest" pose.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BrontoScorpio

Yes, How could it slipped my mind .. I think you're right - I'll add this option.

Now, just who made it ? ...

BrontoScorpio

Last Ornithopod in this bunch - A Resin kit I just received in a big assorted parcel :
Garage kit Dinosaur Iguanodon of 'Head and foot'(?) (  頭足人 ) by Tamaki ( 玉置 , たまき) , sold at the Wonder Festival ( ワンフェス / ワンダーフェスティバル ) of  Summer 2019 :

In close - there are large and nice cavities for the limbs - and almost no cleaning to do :

Assembled at  last - a rather gloomy looking Iguanodon :

For some reason it reminds me characters from Dr. Seuss :

Lanthanotus

BrontoScorpio

Thanks.

Also, last in the above parcel : A Resin Kit of Triceratops from KyoukitiStudio ( sold at 'GWC Orion 3'(?) fair and apparently sold out on store )   :

It comes in 10 parts, including a pedestal, with a massive heavy body and deep & wide joints cavities:

I tried twice - but was unsuccessful on fitting all 4 legs together  to their footholds on the pedestal .
Maybe it's just the problem of the copy I received.
In any case - the completed model is very massive, detailed and impressive :

Giving up the pedestal could also be an idea...
See how big the portion of Neck & Head is - I wonder how accurate this model is  :

BrontoScorpio

The Next Resin Garage Kit I received quite some time ago :

The 'Night stalker' ( ナイト・ストーカー )
Released by 'Post hobby' ( ポストホビー ) in limited distribution in 1986 ( according to Magazine 'Hobby Japan' ( ホビージャパン 86年9月号 ) September 1986 issue )
from the 'Scratch model collection' ( スクラッチモデルコレクション )
In tribute to the book 'Afterman - A Zoology of the Future'  ( アフターマン  - ズーロジーオブザフューチャー ) ,Author :  Dougal Dixon

but only now I gather the courage to assemble it - since I noticed this may proved quite a handful :
- All limbs have round formed that don't have an exact fit to their cavities- one needs to decide of the attached angle and hold it fixed until it dries.
- The big problem here is that the model should stand on two long legs with thin feet - and a mistake with the attachment angle will make it unbalanced on it's feet.
- Also the lower Jaw and head have their attachment problem and need much sanding to make it fit.

I glued all parts and let it dry - holding my prayers for the moment it tries to stand :

Walla :
It came out just excellent - didn't even have to glue it to the pedestal.
What an impressive and awe inspiring model this is :

I realy like my unpainted old/yellow Resin version, but should I decide to paint it - here's a color scheme suggestion - made according the coloring found in the book :

Found the right page to compare the actual book painting :

Although this is no dinosaur - or even not a real animal, I would pass it as a 'prehistoric' figure ( of the future ... ) or a zoological specimen - and not viewed as a Mythical animal.
After all - it is based on science or, at least, a scientific theory :
My 'Night stalker' is actually just one hypothesis or speculation 'what form of evolution will the common bat takes place in a 100 million years in the future ... -

The 'Future Predator' from Primeval anyone ...

Here are some more examples from the Set :

Libraraptor

I have always loved Dixon's book and did not know there are even models of its animals. Quite impressive! Do you know it they are easily avail able or rather rare?

Turacoverdin

Really interesting set of resins you've acquired there, both the dinosaurs and the night stalker (but mostly the night stalker haha). I have a copy of the original After Man as well as the updated version - that model closely matches the original illustration. Doesn't surprise me that it's Japanese in origin, his work really took off there.

As for the accuracy of the Triceratops, there's a 3D printed T. horridus skeleton sitting on my desk so I can say with certainty that the head is about the right size, if a little misshapen, while the neck is a bit long. Probably doesn't help that it's fully extended in that kind of press-up position haha. Nice model though.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 05, 2022, 01:13:49 PM
I have always loved Dixon's book and did not know there are even models of its animals.
Well, There you go ...
So, you'll probably be glad to know there is another set of figures for his other book : 'The Future is Wild: A Natural History of the Future' :
( which later became a 13 episode series ).

'The Future is Wild' ( フューチャー・イズ・ワイルド  )  "Future Collection" ( フューチャーコレクション」) 7 figure (  フィギュア ) set :
Manufacturer: E-Revolution  ( イー・レヴォリューション )
Release date: July 2006( Retired )

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 05, 2022, 01:13:49 PM
Quite impressive! Do you know it they are easily avail able or rather rare?
The above set of 'The Future is Wild' can be relatively easily acquired, for about 10$ a piece.

As for the 'Afterman' set - it is virtually impossible to get - A limited resin kit from 35 years ago.
I saw it just twice in 4 years on 2nd hand markets/stores.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

BrontoScorpio

In this case it is both retired but may still be available in some stores or privale sellers.

You can google it using the English terms or even the Japanese words I bother to add.
You can find several items on eBay.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: