You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Ikessauro on September 28, 2023, 10:05:11 PMLove how much information you share with each acquisition or collection tour.
.. you posted a picture of the "Goblin Factory's Quetzalcoatlus" ... One of them was a really bright pink with orange beak. Is that the Kaiyodo one? ...
I really find it interesting ...

Thanks.
You can find in this post everything I wrote about this Kaiyodo Quetzalcoatlus .
I even revised it a bit.

Lanthanotus

avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio Thanks very much, especially for your patience with the iteration. Have loong been very much inactive and lost track of this and that.

I`ll gonna have a close look to your links.

Now that T. rex is one costly thing :D

BrontoScorpio

Yet another spot taken to my Freshwater Fish Encyclopedia in Colors -

Next, is another addition to my Tokyo National Science Museum 'Dinosaur key holder' -

プロトケラトプス        protoceratops
〈白亜紀後期〉                        <Late Cretaceous>
〈約7000万年前〉                <About 70 million years ago>
〈国立科学博物館〉                  <National Museum of Nature and Science>
〈東京 上野〉                        <Tokyo Ueno>

Last for this bunch - some 3 lovely ceramic Dimetrodons for my Ceramic shelf  -

An addition to my  'Siam Ceramics' miniatures -

BrontoScorpio

New,
A big bulk of Play Visions Dinosaurs -

Done some inventory - some spares some are missing -

All 19 types with 2 color variants - with their smooth cast and typical color spots -

Join here with my Set of 8 Play Visions - Prehistoric Amphibians -

And here with my 3 of Set of four Of Play Visions' American Natural History Museum (ANHM) herbivores Line -

One type for each - The big Plateosaurus is especially favoured -

For some reason, these are so hard hard to come across -
I think I saw them only once, sold as 'Welt der Tiere - Die welt der Dinosaurier' -
and I was too slow to respond for someone else to grab it -

Fossilized-Rubber

Wow the playvision dinosaurs are so colourful! I especially like that t-rex. They're like the Hawaian shirts of dinosaurs.
Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

BrontoScorpio

A very long search has ended :
The amazing Deinocheirus mirificus ( デイノケイルス ミリフィクス ) Resin model from the 2019 Dinosaur Expo ( 恐竜博2019 ) at Mukawa town ( むかわ町 )

This model is also claimed to have come from the Hobetsu Museum ( 穂別博物館 ) by C.S.Model Design

As a one out of a set of three - I passed this one out as I figured in time I could get it much cheaper than at the EXPO, like with previous cases.
But boy, I was wrong, It completely disappeared since, and I saw it offered only once for almost 200$.

So, seeing it again, in an online 'buy it now' shop - I snatched it immediately  :

With the 2nd piece of the puzzle :

The 2019 Dino expo Kamuysaurus -

From that angle it looks like the Deinocheirus is towering above the poor Kamuysaurus in a menacing position :

And completely blocking the view ...

Here is my collection of Kanna Dinosaur Center models :

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Oh my! What a find! That Saurolophus in particular looks very appealing!

Libraraptor

BrontoScorpio

Thanks,
The display stands do take up lots of shelf space ... bummer ...

ceratopsian

I had no idea that Deinocheirus had become difficult to find. It's a handsome release.

Megalosaurus

Nice  figures. To me the show stealers are the Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians. I only have 3 of those. Hope to buy them someday.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

BrontoScorpio

Just arrived, after a long journey across 2 oceans and 3 seas -
These two heavy boxes :

Belonging to this set of 5 :

Two hard and heavy Polystone models :

Which are the Identical replicas for two known Soft Vinyl models :

A Polystone Replica of the Kaiyodo 1/20 DINOLAND Triceratops ( by Araki Kazunari ) :

The head angle is slightly different, and, of course, there is no wrapping on the legs -

A comparison shot from above :

A Polystone Replica of the Kaiyodo 1/35 DINOLAND Camarasaurus ( By Shinobu Matsumura )  :

A comparison shot from above :

The two have this Label attached to their belly, so I guess it was some early attemp to form a new set, based on those known models, maybe as part as an event :

But other than that, I have no knowledge about the origin of those items.
I would have liked to know what is written on the boxes -
I heard elsewhere those were purchased at the Jurassic Park ( ジュラシックパーク ) souvenir corner ( お土産コーナー )
when USJ ( Universal Studios Japan / ユニバーサル・スタジオ・ジャパン ) opened 20 years ago -
'The Dinosaurs of the Lost World' USJ Polystone ( ポリストーン ) finished product -
It seems to have been imported by Yamato ( ヤマト やまと ) , a company famous for its transforming robots

Here in Large :

since I can not imagine these perfect replicas are 'piratic' version of the Kaiyodo DINOLAND Soft Vinyl line

Had to initiate a seperate 'Polystone' shelf ... :

postsaurischian

Wow! How did you find these? I have never even heard about them. You're the "Indiana Jones" of vintage Japanese Dinosaur figures hunting :D .

BrontoScorpio

LOL .. Thanks, Me neither.
I've just located them a minute after they appeared at an online shop - and grabbed them immediately.

Neither did I know of this version of the DINOLAND 1/35 Camarasaurus :

A Resin Prototype ( Garage kit ), put on auction, durring the 'June Carnage on YAJ' :

Alas, I suffered a last second defeat :

And someone else is now lucky to own it for the humble sum of 730 USD  :

BrontoScorpio

Another group of Prehistoric Play Visions creatures :
The set of prehistoric Marine Reptiles - All 8 of them on display on my floor -

On their belly it stated PV ( i.e. Play Visions ) 1998 following with the creature name :

Joining here after with my other PV set of 8 - the Prehistoric Amphibiand -

And there, along with the PV Dinosaurs -  my complete Play Visions prehistoric collection

Fossilized-Rubber

Stunning collection. They're all so colourful! I find it shocking that the boxxy turtle existed. I'm surprised they didn't all get stuck in doorways.
Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

BrontoScorpio

LOL ... It probably meant to get stuck in somebody's' mouth ...

BrontoScorpio

A new unconventional gift for the new year -
even the seller classified it just as 'Extremely Rare Unbranded Resin Dinosaur-Can Not Find Another' ...

A 19,5' 49 cm Large Resin Carnotaurus :

Seeing here running over a group of Ankylosaurids ( PNSO, Favorite, Battat, Schleich & Safari ) -

The Carnotaurus is already fully built - But there clearly a Diorama piece that is missing, at least to support it's right leg :

Well, This CARNOTAURUS is from 'Dragon Attack!' by Bob Morales and I would give off the big display stand - taking up too much space :

You can see it on the cover of this book :

BrontoScorpio

Apparently, this seller got a hold of a large stock pile of old Resin kits.
Regrettably, I did not get many of the kits he had to offer -

The Krenz' 'Judith' was particularly a bitter loss - my 2nd for this dino durring past year  :

3 different T-rex by Mcvey draw the most attention and desire :

Had also some Shane Foulkes, a Kaiyodo and more :

And some imaginary scenes :

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: