News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Sincerely the torvosaurus would be a good figure although as you say it is already represented by the brand Collecta. I would like a much more obscure theropod figure, even more obscure and rare than the ones I have mentioned in relation to the toy dinosaur industry and that it has reasonably well preserved fossil remains.

Halichoeres

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on October 02, 2018, 06:21:00 PM
EverythingDinosaur has been having people guess what it is and debunking all of the wrong answers, so far they've said that it isn't:
-Carnotaurus
-Concavenator
-Tarbosaurus (but didn't flat out say "no" to it being a Tyrannosaurid)
-Any Phorusrhacid

Interesting! In that case my new guess is Lourinhanosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 02, 2018, 06:44:06 PM
Sincerely the torvosaurus would be a good figure although as you say it is already represented by the brand Collecta. I would like a much more obscure theropod figure, even more obscure and rare than the ones I have mentioned in relation to the toy dinosaur industry and that it has reasonably well preserved fossil remains.

Man, what I wouldn't give for a new Torvosaurus! Such an underrated dinosaur!

JohannesB

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji Now that you mention it, that would be very nice. Torvosaurus is a beautiful, peculiar theropod and I would love to have a gorgeous figure of it. And since they are also found on the Iberian peninsula, there could be a chance it is a Torvosaurus.

Shonisaurus

I would not have the slightest inconvenience of having another torvosaurus. It could be equaled in beauty or overcome the torvosaurus of Collecta. I sincerely like all dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals, but there are some like tyrannosaurus rex, smilodon, acrocanthosaurus, mammoth or elasmosaurus that are more than enough represented.

On the other hand on the facebook page of everythingdinosaur.co.uk will reveal the news at 12 noon as I read. I give you the link and the news:

All dinosaur If you want something a little darker, stay tuned to our Facebook page and blog, tomorrow we will announce something quite special ... We will publish some exciting news at 12 noon tomorrow!

https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur/photos/a.186426991391190/2058515094182361/?type=3&theater

On the other hand Eofauna plans to perform an abelisaur in the future following the question of a facebook member of if it was a majungasaurus (not the feet of the dinosaur mentioned) I pass the news.

Every dinosaur is not a Majungasaurus, but soon we will have some news about this abelisaurid.

Ravonium

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 02, 2018, 09:11:55 PM
On the other hand on the facebook page of everythingdinosaur.co.uk will reveal the news at 12 noon as I read. I give you the link and the news:

All dinosaur If you want something a little darker, stay tuned to our Facebook page and blog, tomorrow we will announce something quite special ... We will publish some exciting news at 12 noon tomorrow!

I got the impression, from the contexts ED has said this in, that this 'exciting news' isn't related to EoFauna.

Sim

Quote from: Ravonium on October 02, 2018, 09:33:41 PM
I got the impression, from the contexts ED has said this in, that this 'exciting news' isn't related to EoFauna.

I agree, and based on the other things Everything Dinosaur said there, I think the news might be... that Everything Dinosaur will be stocking Vitae.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 02, 2018, 09:11:55 PM
On the other hand Eofauna plans to perform an abelisaur in the future following the question of a facebook member of if it was a majungasaurus (not the feet of the dinosaur mentioned) I pass the news.

Every dinosaur is not a Majungasaurus, but soon we will have some news about this abelisaurid.

I think you misunderstood what they meant.  Everything Dinosaur said the new Eofauna figure is not a Majungasaurus, but that Everything Dinosaur will have news about Majungasaurus soon.  They didn't say who the Majungasaurus figure will be by.  In the context of other things they said there, I think the news might be that Everything Dinosaur will be stocking Vitae, and that the Majungasaurus will be by Vitae.

Minmiminime

Ah...that would make sense! I'll be delighted if that proves to be the case. It would be great for Vitae to get an international retailer as dedicated as ED. I just hope they behave themselves for them! As for this new Eofauna model...I was hoping for Torvosaurus, too! But I have no doubt that whatever it proves to be, I'll get it :o
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

SpartanSquat

If its arcovenator a recently discovered abelisaurid in europe?

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Syndicate Bias

Too long for any of those. Probably an allosaurid its medium sized

Shonisaurus

Well, a very good news that everythingdinosaur commercialize the dinosaurs of Vitae would be much cheaper to buyers for an online as Everythingdinosaur than buying them on eBay in most cases.

On the other hand, when it comes to Eofauna, if the figure is as good or even better than the prehistoric elephants, why should we worry about what Eofauna will do? Honestly I do not care even if it's the tyrannosaurus rex. I am sure that the figure will be as successful as palaeoloxodon antiquus and the mammoth trogontherii.

One less representation of tyrannosaurus by Eofauna should not be an obstacle on my part to collect it. I'm sure they will make a figure that will be a work of art without a doubt.

Dyscrasia

Tyrannosaurids and Therizinosaurs are pretty much off the list.

Also Ceratosaurs (+Abelisaurs)

Minmiminime

Very long metatarsals...small hands...I wonder if it is an ornithomimid?? I'm at a bit of a loss, but I'd expect some filaments at least on the arms if it was an ornithomimid 🤔
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

It is a theropod of three fingers, the case which can be a giganotosaurus an allosaurus, torvosaurus? This is a game of suspense and at the same time a sadistic game by Eofauna. I suppose that every day they will reveal a line of the photograph. I think we'll have to wait until Friday at the best of times. Suspense on the part of Eofauna. Let the game continue!

ITdactyl

Holy tickle me elmo..... It's giggles....

JohannesB

Carcharodontosaurus or Giganotosaurus.

Patrx

Alas! I had been hoping for Gorgosaurus. Allosauroids are the most boring dinosaurs (but still pretty interesting, because they are dinosaurs).

Fembrogon

Aahhh, such a tease! Those fingers certainly limit the number of Tyrannosauroids it could be, so I'll add to the Carnosaur betting pool.
I'm liking what we're seeing of the colors, so far; before I was expecting the hue of the feet to continue over the rest of the body. The variation is good!

MLMjp

Oh cĀ“mon!
This is too much teasing! They are just playing with us!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: