News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Simon is right. The toy industry is a dangerous and unpredictable jungle where the top predators on one day become extinct the next. Look at what happened to Kenner, the very same Kenner that brought Star Wars into toy stores across the globe. Or look at how Lego almost went out of business some years back. Heck, they had to lay off 1400 employees last fall due to slumping sales. :(
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

This is one of the reasons why toy companies do not dare, as is logical, to risk making new species of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. Obviously dominates the supply and demand of products and sometimes toy dinosaur companies have to abandon projects that are not profitable.  :-\

A separate example of PNSO is the magnificent company of Battat that has been centered after the death of Dans Lorusso in making toy dinosaurs articulated or for example Bullyland that has practically abandoned two years ago the realization of figures of dinosaurs and toy animals. Unfortunately as I say what dominates is money and if supply and demand do not work, they have to stop risking money on projects that are impossible in the sales market.  :(

Lanthanotus

I am no expert on extinct elephants and I am sure Eofauna did their homework, so it may be just me, but I find the transition from face to forehead and ears quite strange,... almost at if the image would be photoshoped, where the face is from a differnt animal/figure than the rest of the whole thing...

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 06, 2018, 07:43:12 PM
[quote ]

I am no expert on extinct elephants and I am sure Eofauna did their homework, so it may be just me, but I find the transition from face to forehead and ears quite strange,... almost at if the image would be photoshoped, where the face is from a differnt animal/figure than the rest of the whole thing...

I've noticed that but I think it's maybe a coloring thing, like the face is a lighter Grey than the rest of the body.

Reptilia

I believe it's just an effect of the prominence of the forehead, which should be accurate.

Eofauna

QuoteI am no expert on extinct elephants and I am sure Eofauna did their homework, so it may be just me, but I find the transition from face to forehead and ears quite strange,... almost at if the image would be photoshoped, where the face is from a differnt animal/figure than the rest of the whole thing..

Answering your doubts. The sculpture was made under the scientific guidance of the known proboscidean expert Asier Larramendi (Eofauna member) and it was based on the recently published scientific paper of him and colleagues (http://paleoitalia.org/archives/bollettino-spi/97/vol-56-3-2017/). It is based on a rigorous skeletal reconstruction of 3 different individuals from Neumark-Nord, Germany. You should be aware that derived palaeoloxodonts, has a particular crest on the frontal region, known as parieto-occipital crest, here extraordinary massive muscles were attached in order to support and balance the huge tusked heads. That's why the particular shape of the forehead.

Minmiminime

Due to budget and space restrictions, I tend to only collect dinosaurs and pterosaurs, and just look longingly and wistfully at other prehistoric animal replicas; however, I will definitely make an exception for this beauty!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

mgaguilar

Quote from: Eofauna on March 06, 2018, 09:30:26 PM
QuoteI am no expert on extinct elephants and I am sure Eofauna did their homework, so it may be just me, but I find the transition from face to forehead and ears quite strange,... almost at if the image would be photoshoped, where the face is from a differnt animal/figure than the rest of the whole thing..

Answering your doubts. The sculpture was made under the scientific guidance of the known proboscidean expert Asier Larramendi (Eofauna member) and it was based on the recently published scientific paper of him and colleagues (http://paleoitalia.org/archives/bollettino-spi/97/vol-56-3-2017/). It is based on a rigorous skeletal reconstruction of 3 different individuals from Neumark-Nord, Germany. You should be aware that derived palaeoloxodonts, has a particular crest on the frontal region, known as parieto-occipital crest, here extraordinary massive muscles were attached in order to support and balance the huge tusked heads. That's why the particular shape of the forehead.

I am loving your engagement with this community.

Looking forward to your Theropod productions.  :))

Reptilia

Agree, your participation here is much appreciated, Eofauna!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Just posting this to get a view of both the Eofauna elephants on the same page together! Since this is a "general discussion" thread, should we edit it so all the current models appear on the first page?

Shonisaurus

By the way of the palaeoloxodon antiquus I would like to know how much it measures in centimeters. That has not yet been revealed by Eofauna.

Shonisaurus

The Palaeoloxodon antiquus of Eofauna looks huge next to the Trophontheri mammoth or the steppe. I give you a facebook photo that I found when browsing the Internet. By the way, this figure will be available within three months.  :)

https://www.facebook.com/EoFauna/photos/pcb.2431875243520030/2431874476853440/?type=3&theater

The figure is a real beauty I think the rest of the toy animal companies will start to worry or will have to improve their figures.  :o

Simon

Its an amazing figure ... BTW I noticed that one of the "likes" for that photo is from Cheung Chung Tat (The Vitae sculptor) .. talk about getting a "Seal of Approval"!!!

Jose S.M.

Thanks for sharing the photo Shoni, they look amazing together.

Nanuqsaurus

It looks amazing from all angles! :) Especially besides their steppe mammoth. Can't wait for Eofauna to start producing dinosaur figures! :))

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 07, 2018, 05:09:52 PM
Thanks for sharing the photo Shoni, they look amazing together.

You're welcome José, it's an honor for me to contribute something to the DTF within my possibilities.  :)

Reptilia

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on March 06, 2018, 11:13:27 PM
Since this is a "general discussion" thread, should we edit it so all the current models appear on the first page?

I'd leave this thread to the general discussion, and maybe wait for Eofauna themselves to start a new topic about their upcoming figure, like they did with the first one.

Flaffy

Would love to see Eofauna tackle primitive proboscideans like Moertherium, or even dwarf palaeoloxodons to contrast the huge and amazing Palaeoloxodon antiquus we're going to see released this year. Eofauna has a talent for proboscideans  :))

Syndicate Bias

I bet it will be a fully feathered Yutyrannus

Reptilia

If we can dream I'd love to get a properly birdlike Deinonychus or Velociraptor. But I think a big theropod is more likely, Tyrannosaurus or Giganotosaurus. Or some less known relative of either of the two.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: