News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I know that there are are too many T.rex toys in the market, but really accurate representations of the king is relatively rare. Most companies go little bit or bitterly with the JP franchise when making T.rex figure. I know that Safari Ltd. has done a magnificent job in making the probably accurate toy representation of T.rex in 2017 which was sculpted by respected Doug Watson and has won the prize by the prehistoric times magazine as the best dinosaur model of the year. After seeing the magnificent representation of the Giganotosaurus from Eofauna, which has surpassed all the Giga models in terms of anatomical accuracy and aesthetic beauty, I utterly want that they would make a semifeathered (protofeathers) version of the Tyrant Lizard King with firmly accurate skull and with all other anatomic details.  Do not add the feathers overtly. We have also seen the evidences of the skin representation of the animal. It would probably grey or dark brownish. Please choose probably accurate and reliable color scheme. I have too much hope from this company after seeing all its figures.

With the case of lips we have to go through the latest discovery made by Thomas Carr in the D.horneri head design. From that paper the previous hypothesis about lips has been disproven at least in the larger Tyrannosaurs and there are reasons for this. According to Paleontologist Thomas Holtz in tyrannosaurs, particularly the big specialized ones, the roughened, slightly inflated surface of the bones along the edges of the jaw does not resemble the quality of bone in lipped lizards. It does indeed more closely resemble the condition in lipless crocodilians." So don't give lips.

The most important thing is that tyrannosaurs had three sets of horns and wide snout in its face according to Jack Horner. Please add them prominently in the face of the T.rex model going to be made, which(horns) are not prominent in most of it's toy representations. Please use the Daspletosaurus horneri face image as reference when making the accurate T.rex face (the later face should be much heaver and strongly built , I know that.) because it represents the image that tyrannosaurs may have looked in real life.

Lastly, do not present us an albino T.rex. I want to see the probable look of the wild type T.rex with my eyes, which will fulfill all of my desires to get any kind of dinosaur model. 

I do believe that if you can present us this kind of figure it will become the cheapest and will go ahead of all the dinosaur toys. Please present us with such T.rex  figure as soon as possible.

John

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on November 18, 2018, 07:21:29 AM
I know that there are are too many T.rex toys in the market, but really accurate representations of the king is relatively rare. Most companies go little bit or bitterly with the JP franchise when making T.rex figure. I know that Safari Ltd. has done a magnificent job in making the probably accurate toy representation of T.rex in 2017 which was sculpted by respected Doug Watson and has won the prize by the prehistoric times magazine as the best dinosaur model of the year. After seeing the magnificent representation of the Giganotosaurus from Eofauna, which has surpassed all the Giga models in terms of anatomical accuracy and aesthetic beauty, I utterly want that they would make a semifeathered (protofeathers) version of the Tyrant Lizard King with firmly accurate skull and with all other anatomic details.  Do not add the feathers overtly. We have also seen the evidences of the skin representation of the animal. It would probably grey or dark brownish. Please choose probably accurate and reliable color scheme. I have too much hope from this company after seeing all its figures.

With the case of lips we have to go through the latest discovery made by Thomas Carr in the D.horneri head design. From that paper the previous hypothesis about lips has been disproven at least in the larger Tyrannosaurs and there are reasons for this. According to Paleontologist Thomas Holtz in tyrannosaurs, particularly the big specialized ones, the roughened, slightly inflated surface of the bones along the edges of the jaw does not resemble the quality of bone in lipped lizards. It does indeed more closely resemble the condition in lipless crocodilians." So don't give lips.

The most important thing is that tyrannosaurs had three sets of horns and wide snout in its face according to Jack Horner. Please add them prominently in the face of the T.rex model going to be made, which(horns) are not prominent in most of it's toy representations. Please use the Daspletosaurus horneri face image as reference when making the accurate T.rex face (the later face should be much heaver and strongly built , I know that.) because it represents the image that tyrannosaurs may have looked in real life.

Lastly, do not present us an albino T.rex. I want to see the probable look of the wild type T.rex with my eyes, which will fulfill all of my desires to get any kind of dinosaur model. 

I do believe that if you can present us this kind of figure it will become the cheapest and will go ahead of all the dinosaur toys. Please present us with such T.rex  figure as soon as possible.

The Kaiyodo Sofubi Tyrannosaurus sculpted by Shinzen may be of interest to you,as it has everything you want from a potential EoFauna one,with minimal feathering down it's spine and even updated scalation of the face in light of the recent studies involving Daspletosaurus horneri.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Eofauna recently liked a bunch of comments I made on some probiscidean concept art they posted!
I wonder if that means they're going in that direction for their next model?
Any one of these would be flippin' AMAZING:

Shonisaurus

Honestly for being the rarest proboscide on the toy market I would prefer a mammoth meridionalis. The deinotherium is well represented and the americanum mammoth or americanum mastodon is a replica of Safari made by Doug Watson that is worth its weight in gold and that supplies all americanum mammoth that could do.

I would be in favor of Eofauna making a southern mammoth because it is the weirdest I repeat. Apart from that I do not have to date a prehistoric elephant with these characteristics by a toy brand. Eofauna makes some great proboscides and a mammoth meridionalis would be spectacular.

On the other hand in relation to dinosaurs would prefer a gigantoraptor on the part of Eofauna if it is like the book Asier Larramendi and Rubén Molina based on the paleoilustraciones de Andrey Atuchin book magnificent Russian paleoartista so much better.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 18, 2018, 05:35:47 PM
Honestly for being the rarest proboscide on the toy market I would prefer a mammoth meridionalis. The deinotherium is well represented and the americanum mammoth or americanum mastodon is a replica of Safari made by Doug Watson that is worth its weight in gold and that supplies all americanum mammoth that could do.

Deinotherium may have multiple models out there, but only the Bullyland one ever sorta captured my attention. I'd far prefer one made by Eofauna. As much as I love Safari's mastodon, it really bothers me that it's out of scale with the mammoth, so I would've mind having a 1:35 version from Eofauna as well. That's not to say I'm against the M. meridionalis though! Not only would it also be nice to have, I could easily pretend it's M. columbi when I'm assembling a North American scene.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I am honored to share you that I am foremost fan of Eofauna team when I come to know how much accuracy can be get in prehistoric creature replicas from the magnificent sculpt from Eofauna team. I am a blind dinosaur fan till my childhood and fascinated by the Tyrant Lizard King when I first saw it in a museum. I am particularly fascinated by the actual lookings of this king of dinosaurs from dinosaur documentaries not by the childish Jurassic Park ones. So getting an accurate view of this magnificent creature in a model form is my intense wish till my childhood. I am requesting you,  to redesign the Tyrant Lizard King based on the Saurian redesign of T.rex which is anatomically and morphologically accurate from head tip to tail tip and has no even little touch of inaccurate JP like design. Accurate T.rex toy with especially with accurate skull/head representation is very very rare in the market in spite of having probably the highest amount of replicas of this creature. The one outstanding fully feathered one we have received in 2017 from Safari Ltd. which has been praised a lot, but still we want the Saurian redesign in model form exactly with the same color scheme and this level of exact head representation with lips , without attached base, in a model form by the Eofauna team in the near future. I want that redesign should not only be confined in games, but also in model form. It will probably be the actual look of T.rex. But still I request to add little amount of protofeaters in the dorsal side of that model, with a reasonable color scheme, I am hoping to be coming in the near future, because feathers must be present  in a little bit in T.rex. This is  because this feature is their ancestry, whether it is found in fossil or not, on which there are many controversies, we all know.

I have requested for such a model because only Eofauna team have the ability to take this hardest challenge, which I do believe after seeing the gorgeous sculpt of the Giganotosaurus, but with no lips, a bit miserable. And I also do believe that, that coming model will be the cheapest ones in the market, in spite of having the highest amount and most versatile replicas of T.rex which has already made many dinosaur fans even tyrannosaur fans fade up with this iconic beast.

I really want that creature to be sculpted in a model form exactly of the saurian redesigned version to be sculpted in a model form exactly with the same anatomy, morphology and color. Please concentrate especially on the head sculpt like that of the saurian, the very finely tuned forward facing eyes, the keratinious structures or horns just in front of and behind the eyes and above the snout, quite undistinguished in most T.rex models and the lips for which I have the highest desire which is very much reasonable but are not given in most of the T.rex face sculpts. I want the mouth to be articulated like the Giga, so that I can enjoy the presence of lips when mouths being opened and closed.

The Saurian redesign is exclusively based on papers and latest finding not just on fantasy like the Jurassic Park ones, though you can complain about the color scheme to be fantasied, still I think a reasonable color scheme. I want this, the real look of T.rex in a model which Eofauna can boldly impose in their T.rex model I do believe after seeing the Giganotosaurus.

Lastly, please add lips in all of the coming theropods, if T.rex or Charcharodontosaurus or anything else, because lips are highly probable and latest scientific evidences indicates that definitely present in their faces. I have read Thomas Carr's paper on D.horneri denoting no lips and replacement of theropod teeth. I admire these most recent views but still I shall go for lips because its presence is very very reasonable and more scientifically sound according to Dr.Robert Reisz who indicates toward komodo dragons and mammalian dentition pattern for elephant tusk or saber tooth's extended canines for his evidence.

Moldovan0731

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on November 25, 2018, 04:28:56 PM
I am honored to share you that I am foremost fan of Eofauna team when I come to know how much accuracy can be get in prehistoric creature replicas from the magnificent sculpt from Eofauna team. I am a blind dinosaur fan till my childhood and fascinated by the Tyrant Lizard King when I first saw it in a museum. I am particularly fascinated by the actual lookings of this king of dinosaurs from dinosaur documentaries not by the childish Jurassic Park ones. So getting an accurate view of this magnificent creature in a model form is my intense wish till my childhood. I am requesting you,  to redesign the Tyrant Lizard King based on the Saurian redesign of T.rex which is anatomically and morphologically accurate from head tip to tail tip and has no even little touch of inaccurate JP like design. Accurate T.rex toy with especially with accurate skull/head representation is very very rare in the market in spite of having probably the highest amount of replicas of this creature. The one outstanding fully feathered one we have received in 2017 from Safari Ltd. which has been praised a lot, but still we want the Saurian redesign in model form exactly with the same color scheme and this level of exact head representation with lips , without attached base, in a model form by the Eofauna team in the near future. I want that redesign should not only be confined in games, but also in model form. It will probably be the actual look of T.rex. But still I request to add little amount of protofeaters in the dorsal side of that model, with a reasonable color scheme, I am hoping to be coming in the near future, because feathers must be present  in a little bit in T.rex. This is  because this feature is their ancestry, whether it is found in fossil or not, on which there are many controversies, we all know.

I have requested for such a model because only Eofauna team have the ability to take this hardest challenge, which I do believe after seeing the gorgeous sculpt of the Giganotosaurus, but with no lips, a bit miserable. And I also do believe that, that coming model will be the cheapest ones in the market, in spite of having the highest amount and most versatile replicas of T.rex which has already made many dinosaur fans even tyrannosaur fans fade up with this iconic beast.

I really want that creature to be sculpted in a model form exactly of the saurian redesigned version to be sculpted in a model form exactly with the same anatomy, morphology and color. Please concentrate especially on the head sculpt like that of the saurian, the very finely tuned forward facing eyes, the keratinious structures or horns just in front of and behind the eyes and above the snout, quite undistinguished in most T.rex models and the lips for which I have the highest desire which is very much reasonable but are not given in most of the T.rex face sculpts. I want the mouth to be articulated like the Giga, so that I can enjoy the presence of lips when mouths being opened and closed.

The Saurian redesign is exclusively based on papers and latest finding not just on fantasy like the Jurassic Park ones, though you can complain about the color scheme to be fantasied, still I think a reasonable color scheme. I want this, the real look of T.rex in a model which Eofauna can boldly impose in their T.rex model I do believe after seeing the Giganotosaurus.

Lastly, please add lips in all of the coming theropods, if T.rex or Charcharodontosaurus or anything else, because lips are highly probable and latest scientific evidences indicates that definitely present in their faces. I have read Thomas Carr's paper on D.horneri denoting no lips and replacement of theropod teeth. I admire these most recent views but still I shall go for lips because its presence is very very reasonable and more scientifically sound according to Dr.Robert Reisz who indicates toward komodo dragons and mammalian dentition pattern for elephant tusk or saber tooth's extended canines for his evidence.
Regarding the lips: the Carr paper diesn't mention lips as "lips", but it still excludes lips as a likely option. Mark Witton and others just stated their opinion, nothing more, nothing less. They haven't gone through the same necessary steps like Carr did. Carr's paper went through peer review process and was published through scientific literature. Witton's and others observations and statements have not gone thought he same amount of peer review and never made it to scientific journals. Their posts are just a blog posts, so unless (and until) they go through exact same steps, it is simply just another person's opinion.

Moldovan0731

I hope the colour of their dinosaur figures will be based on their dinosaur book.

Josesaurus rex

Quote from: Moldovan0731 on December 31, 2018, 02:36:16 PM
Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on November 25, 2018, 04:28:56 PM

Regarding the lips: the Carr paper diesn't mention lips as "lips", but it still excludes lips as a likely option. Mark Witton and others just stated their opinion, nothing more, nothing less. They haven't gone through the same necessary steps like Carr did. Carr's paper went through peer review process and was published through scientific literature. Witton's and others observations and statements have not gone thought he same amount of peer review and never made it to scientific journals. Their posts are just a blog posts, so unless (and until) they go through exact same steps, it is simply just another person's opinion.

I think Mark Witton's option of having dinosaur teeth covered by a soft tegido is very likely too, regardless of whether it was an opinion of a blog or not, since, although it has not been published in a formal way, it detracts from this possibility because there is also a good degree of research in this regard, and what has been raised has a very good basis in the comparative research of the anatomy of related modern animals.

BRONSON

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on November 18, 2018, 07:24:58 PM

Deinotherium may have multiple models out there, but only the Bullyland one ever sorta captured my attention. I'd far prefer one made by Eofauna. As much as I love Safari's mastodon, it really bothers me that it's out of scale with the mammoth, so I would've mind having a 1:35 version from Eofauna as well. That's not to say I'm against the M. meridionalis though! Not only would it also be nice to have, I could easily pretend it's M. columbi when I'm assembling a North American scene.

Are the Eofaunas Mammoths not 1/40 scale and the Giganotosaurus is 1/35, I could be wrong.

Quote from: BRONSON on January 16, 2019, 09:49:48 PM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on November 18, 2018, 07:24:58 PM

Are the Eofaunas Mammoths not 1/40 scale and the Giganotosaurus is 1/35, I could be wrong.

Only the Steppe Mammoth is 1/40. The Paleoloxodon abd the Giganotosaurus are in 1:35, as will most subsequent figures according to Eofauna.

BRONSON

Syndicate Bias

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias Thanks for the video. My giganotosaurus from Eofauna is on my way to my house thanks to urzeitshop.de From what I see the giganotosaurus suffers from sustainability problems so I will keep its plastic base. On the other hand it is a figure quite similar to that of the prototype, although the color varies from brown to bluish from my viewpoint.

It is a figure within what is big enough for a theropod but not spectacular as one would like (for example the giganotosaurus of another brand of toy dinosaurs) whose appointment is irrelevant in the thread.

What I value very much are their differentiated teeth and their lips set to said theropod. On the other hand you have a very endearing and very affectionate black cat and what most surprises me is very curious with your collectible figures. The current animals is perhaps my second weakness and sincerely pets like this beautiful black cat give a note of joy and optimism to any house. :)

My congratulations for your great video.

Syndicate Bias

That's avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime 's video  :P

Now we wait for her review of it and the PNSO Ceratosaurus aha.

Great video I can't wait for the detailed review!

BRONSON

Just watched that vid and subbed her channel, didnt realise she is a girly will have to watch what I say  :P , excellent vid, that is one huge model.

Shonisaurus

I have to rectify Thanks for the video avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime ! And what was said in the previous post about the giganotosaurus and also congratulate your beautiful beautiful black cat and endearing pet.

Minmiminime

😹😹😹 Thanks S @Syndicate Bias , I really appreciate your support! I intend to revisit this figure ASAP, it deserves a thorough look, it's astounding. avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna are so good they contacted regarding the instability, which of course I will rectify! As collectors, we expect this 😊 avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus the cat (she's called Spooky) seems to be acquiring her own fan club and I'm delighted that you enjoyed my video! 😁 avatar_BRONSON @BRONSON ha, don't worry about me being a girl. I'm a Geordie, we're born of raiders, we're not soft 😈
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Halichoeres

Great video! Not really surprising it won't stand up, my Palaeoloxodon has a penny under its front right foot to keep it upright.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BRONSON

I would use Blu-Tack© under the feet of dinosaur models, work perfectly on my fossil teeth without harming them and holds them firm

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: