News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 21, 2020, 03:03:18 AM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 21, 2020, 02:25:12 AM
The REBOR one uses an outdated skeletal reconstructions and has too many claws.
That specimen that the Safari one is based on is a Stegosaurus stenops.
The REBOR one is based on old "Stegosaurus armatus" skeletals and that one is not considered to be a valid species anymore.
The one thing that is good about the REBOR one however is how keratinized the plates look but that has been done earlier by both Sideshow and Schleich so it's not too novel as a concept.
so are these designs/shapes accurate based on what you can see (forget the colors)

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

Sincerely, Eofauna will make the dinosaur that it deems appropriate to do, that is, the most indicated for commercial and economic purposes, but honestly, the stegosaurus is a figure that I believe is very well represented in the toy market by far. I would rather a wuerhosaurus or a gigantspinosaurus than a stegosaurid to give two examples, rather than a stegosaurus.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 21, 2020, 10:53:43 AM
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno None of them, that does include the PNSO one.
Also apart from the PNSO model they seem randomly picked off deviantArt...
Here are some good ones by Julio Lacerda:

thanks, i'd love to know more about my favorite dinosaur

GojiraGuy1954

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Isn't Wuheurosaurus not even that interesting anymore? Since aren't the plates more normal that we once thought

Shonisaurus

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 I do not understand paleontology, I did not know that the wuerhosaurus has changed according to the latest scientific discoveries, and that now it resembles the stegosaurus, but for example Eofauna could make a dacentrurus, miragaia or a gigantspinosaurus whose skeletons are at least different from stegosaurus, although for me any figure of stegosaurus would be welcome, but if it could be a stegosaurid other than stegosaurus, I would appreciate it from Eofauna, as I mentioned previously, the stegosaurus for me is highly represented in the toy market.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 21, 2020, 04:43:32 PM
avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 I do not understand paleontology, I did not know that the wuerhosaurus has changed according to the latest scientific discoveries, and that now it resembles the stegosaurus, but for example Eofauna could make a dacentrurus, miragaia or a gigantspinosaurus whose skeletons are at least different from stegosaurus, although for me any figure of stegosaurus would be welcome, but if it could be a stegosaurid other than stegosaurus, I would appreciate it from Eofauna, as I mentioned previously, the stegosaurus for me is highly represented in the toy market.
A miragaia would be great but Dacentrurus is pretty fragmentary. But they did a Giga so maybe

GojiraGuy1954

Shame this place isn't more lively. The figures EoFauna makes are some of my favourites

ceratopsian

Eofauna has put up on Facebook the first teaser for its next model. A long thin strip across a photo, so not very conclusive.  But something is coming!

Flaffy

Scaly... Definitely a dinosaur. Stocky, round body...? Maybe it actually is the fabled Triceratops.
Though to be honest, I'm personally not a fan of their current Triceratops reconstruction. So I hope they go for an updated design.

Shonisaurus

That's good news, I'm pretty much convinced it may be almost a hundred percent dinosaur, although the body in that image looks pretty short for a dinosaur. Eofauna is one of my favorite adult toy dinosaur brands.

Loon

If this isn't Triceratops itself, it's definitely Ceratopsian. I think I'm seeing a frill on the right of the image, though it seems very low compared to the animal's back.

suspsy

Definitely a ceratopsian. Really hope it's either Eotriceratops or Torosaurus as opposed to Triceratops.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

postsaurischian

:D  Really exciting news! Yes, it seems to be a ceratopsian.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 23, 2020, 02:48:56 PM
....... Eofauna is one of my favorite adult toy dinosaur brands.

You know what the industry uses the term "adult toy" for? ;D

Jose S.M.

Quote from: suspsy on October 23, 2020, 03:32:29 PM
Definitely a ceratopsian. Really hope it's either Eotriceratops or Torosaurus as opposed to Triceratops.

Same here. I would prefer Torosaurus above other ones, I know it might be not that different from Triceratops but still pretty well known dinosaur with few representation. Hopefully whatever it is comes with a nice frill coloration.

GojiraGuy1954

That's a MUDDA. FUGGIN. DICYNODONT.

PrimevalRaptor

If it really is a Ceratopsian, I hope it's not another Triceratops, we got some really great versions of that guy on the market, a new Torosaurus or maybe even Eotriceratops or Chasmosaurus would be most welcome imo

John

I'm just going to come out and say that it's obviously Triceratops horridus. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Carnoking

Halichoeres

Yeah, given the size and shape of the scales I think this is pretty likely to be a Triceratops. I think the frill is mostly held up above the sliver in the photo, so on the right we're just seeing a region of the head near the cheek.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 23, 2020, 04:01:47 PM
  :D  Really exciting news! Yes, it seems to be a ceratopsian.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 23, 2020, 02:48:56 PM
....... Eofauna is one of my favorite adult toy dinosaur brands.

You know what the industry uses the term "adult toy" for? ;D

True, I have written a lot, do not misunderstand my old post, I mean that Eofauna is a brand intended for the sale of toy / collectible dinosaur figures, intended mainly for adult collectors, they are not figures intended for children, especially if they are small. They are very scientific figures.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: